2011 New York Jets Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mr Electric, Jul 19, 2011.

1. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Mr. Mackey said LT took about a $1.5 million paycut to open cap room.

2. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

Sarcasm dude...

3. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

cromartie is gonna rape us for all were worth because were desperate

we threw all are eggs in the basket when we pursued nnamdi but he pussied out and now were stuck with cromartie because there is no alternative

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Im shocked at all the whining in this thread for clements and samuel... you got to be kidding me, especially on Clements.

Both players are slightly overrated, Samuel isnt the best fit in RR's D and Clements is terrible now. I would play Wilson and Strickland ahead of him.
    CRO>>>>>>>>Samuel>>>>>>>x100>>Clements

also, lay off Mr. T. jeez. IF we lose Cromartie then I will be understanding some of the criticism but until then there is no reason too.

if we get Cro back, then the only significant subtraction is Brad Smith who we all knew was probably a goner due to our $$ situation. Plaxico may even be a better fit than Braylon who knows he was incredible at one time. Look what he did for Eli Manning's career - take him away from the Giants all those years and Eli might be looked at as a major bust or at best on the same level as Mark Sanchez.

If we get Cromartie I am very happy with this offseason considering the sheer amount of free agents we had and our cap situation. The fact we gambled on trying to land the Big Fish in Nnamdi is a bonus and not that damaging not landing him.

5. ........

........ Trolls

^Only one person is whining for Clements, and few for Samuel. Personally, I've said all along I don't want Cromartie either. Not at the price I always figured he'd get.

6. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

Put me in the start Kyle camp and sign another nickel cb.

7. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

This argument has never made any sense to me. The only corner of note who came off the market while we were waiting for Asomugha was Joseph, and he got overpaid anyway.

The Jets were always going to be in a big bidding war for Cromartie, even if they never even called Condon about Aso in the first place. Such is the nature of free agency, especially when the free agent in question has declared his intentions to get the biggest payday possible.

8. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I'd be fine with Wilson starting and Strickland battling the next person down on the depth chart(Buchanon?).

9. ........

........ Trolls

Our camp seems to be growing.

10. hazmat

hazmat New Member

I'm fine with Wilson, Strickland and signing another cheap vet. To give Cromatie a huge contract and turn Wilson into a NB for the next 3 years is insane.

11. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I've been wanting the Jets to go with Wilson ever since last season ended. He has the aggression and physicality to be a force on Rex's defense, as you have mentioned.

I really don't like the idea of Wilson sitting at #3 while Cro's contract plays out and Revis starts asking for a new one. I really don't like the possibilities that could come from that one.

12. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

I rewatched Coleman's performance in the AFC Division game against the Pats last year. Dude was a force. I would have been fine having him and Strickland.

13. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Screw Cromartie and let Wilson play ball, Sign a safety and another good TE

14. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

All of this is fine, but Rex and Mike P work with Wilson every day and clearly they don't think he's ready for the #2 job. This isn't Trader Mike making decisions all on his own.

15. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

The problem is a lot of the Plan C cornerbacks have been snatched up. I'd be fine with that, since I'm not the biggest Cromartie fan, especially not for that money.

16. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

unless Al Davis offers him an obscene amount of money, I think we will end up resigning Cro.

17. I would not be fine with going with Wilson, when a very good starting #2 CB, still young, is sitting out there. Cro was going to get a good payday no matter what. That's the way the market is being set.

Now, some might be fine with Wilson right now, but how many would be complaining if Wilson got lit up like a Christmas tree? Who would be bashing the front office for not landing NA or Cro or Joseph? I'm sure there would be some overlap from those camps.

Sign Cro, and give Wilson the time to grow into the job while the defense remains at a high quality.

18. CraigF1210

CraigF1210 Member

I can't see why you'd let Wilson sit as the nickel for a few more years unless you are planning to use him as a bargaining chip/ insurance at the end of Revis's deal

really hope that isn't the case

19. ........

........ Trolls

What's funny is there were several people who viewed Cro as the lowest FA priority at the end of the season. That changed drastically, it would seem, during the pursuit of Nnamdi.

20. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Whens the last time they saw Wilson ?

January ?