2009 Football Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by rhodesfan16, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

I know / hate this kid.
    But hes a GREAT football player.

2. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Rutgers got a few steals with Brandon Coleman choosing RU over his home state Terps. 6'6 and can run. A bigger Kenny Britt some are saying.

They also cleaned house in Florida this year with Rashad Knight who picked RU over Michigan and Jeremy Deering, who picked RU over FSU.

Schiano added a ton of speed in this class and I wouldn't be surprised if they're challenging Pitt and WVU for the Big East title this coming season.

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

You think the incoming class is going to have that much of an impact?

4. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Yeah I do. I think that Deering and Knight come in and compete for a lot of time in the secondary right off the bat. Two of the most underrated guys in Florida this year. They are a vast upgrade talent wise. DB is probably the weakest position on the RU team. Also the frosh RB from NC, Casey Turner, who decommitted to go with Butch Davis at UNC and then recommitted to RU will have an impact as well IMO.

I think the rising sophomore class was RU's most talented recruiting class ever. They're going to make a big impact with a lot more guys seeing playing time this year.

I can't put a lot of stock in the recruiting rankings even though I'm part of that group. A lot of these Florida kids were really under the radar this past year and this was a very down year in NJ recruiting (2010).

2011 is a banner year for NJ and RU needs to shift its focus back home for this next recruiting cycle.

However I like Schiano's plan and the way he shifted his attention due to the down year in NJ and PA for that matter as well.