2009 Football Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by rhodesfan16, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Marcus Lattimore chose South Carolina over Auburn!

2. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Great news for you, I heard he was leaning to PSU... a few weeks ago.

3. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Ohio State lost out on Jordan Hicks LB....he went to Texas.

Seantrel Henderson the top O-lineman in the nation, was a favorite to land with the Buckeyes...but rumors persist he will announce (WeD) he's going to USC.

Not a good week in Buckeye recruiting.

#23 WW85, Feb 2, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  4. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Cmoooon Canes.... pull Seantrel and the rest of this terrible class doesn't matter. Pleeeease....

5. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

I gotta say this signing day is not nearly as exciting as last year, I mean most of the big time players have made their decisions already

and in better news Jarrett Fobbs de-comitted from Texas A&M to go to LSU, good news considering this isnt a great class but next years class is already off the scale

#25 rhodesfan16, Feb 2, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  6. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Fresno State landed 21 new recruits today. It's probably their best class ever.

Here's a fun fact for Jet fans:

Ken O'Brien's son, Kelly, signed with the Dogs this morning. He'll play quarterback, just like his dad.

7. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Let's hope he's more mobile and doesn't get happy feet.

I liked Kenny O, what an arm, he had a rocket. O'Brien wasn't mobile enough, held on to the ball too long and took too many sacks. Having Bruce Smith as the enemy didn't help.

8. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Waiting on Seantrel Henderson's..announcement at 5;30 P.M.

Buckeyes seem out of the running. From what I'm hearing, USC is the favorite, with Notre Dame and The U close behind.

9. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

Well we got a couple of guys to decomitt and come to LSU, and we got Ferguson which was surprising

10. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

BTW,(offtopic)....you have a team in the rd 7 mock......Denver Broncos.

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Supposedly, he runs a 4.7, and that's pretty damn fast for a quarterback that's 6'6 205. I've been hearing all day that O'Brien will compete for and should win the starting job over mediocre-at-best senior QB Ryan Colburn. Derek Carr plans to redshirt, so he'll have three years to start instead of two.

12. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

yeah I got your pm the other day

13. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

I absolutely love UCFs recruiting class this year. A couple big time surprises.

14. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

Honestly I didnt have high expectations going into today but Miles did a heck of a job getting some guys to commit

15. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

Sentral Henderson Commits to USC

I feel we will soon hear, "Well when Sentral was on campus his keeps phone rings and I ask who it was and he says it was Coach Kelly, and for those of you who don't know you can't call a recruit while he is on an official visit" haha

16. 624

624 Banned

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-ucrecruits0112.artjan12,0,5153522.story

UConn

Josh Alexander, 6-3, 210, LB, Waldorf, Md.: Versatile with speed. Has run a 4.49 40-yard dash. Had 21 sacks in 11 games as a high school senior.

•Ty-Meer Brown, 6-1, 180, S, McKeesport, Pa.: Played quarterback in high school but will be a safety at UConn.

•Gus Cruz, OL, 6-4, 260, Meriden, N.H.: Dominican Republic native attended camps at Boston College and UConn.

•Geremy Davis, WR, 6-1, 190, Norcross, Ga.: Good size and speed. Should enhance a solid unit.

•Reuben Frank, DE, 6-2, 230, Poughkeepsie, N.Y.: Another one who can play other positions. Can also play linebacker.

•Mark Hanson, OL, 6-6, 260, Palm Harbor, Fla.: One of five offensive linemen in the class so far.

•Byron Jones, CB, 6-0, 175, New Britain (St. Paul High): Very athletic, good hands. An underrated talent who can help the defense.

• Tebucky Jones, WR, 6-1, 180, New Britain: Son of the former NFL defensive back and Super Bowl champion.

•Jonathan Louis, DE, 6-5, 240, Kingston, Pa.: Big schools entered the picture well after UConn was involved.

•Taylor Mack, DB, 5-8, 160, Atlanta: May have the ability and talent to see the field in 2010.

•B.J. McBryde, DE, 6-5, 250, Beaver Falls, Pa.: Two-star player by Rivals.com. - not that means anything to the UConn coaching staff.

•Scott McCummings, QB, 6-2, 218, Natick, Mass.: Dual-threat QB who would really suit offense in future.Led Natick to 12-0 record in '09.

•Lyle McCombs, RB, 5-8, 180, Staten Island, N.Y.: Makes big plays with regularity. Consistently described as a "home run hitter" type.

•Greg McKee, OL, 6-7, 295, Chicago: Coach Randy Edsall went to see him when he traveled to Midwest; unlimited potential, great size.

•Andrew Opoku, DB, 6-4, 209, Fork Union (Va.): From a school that produces great players. Had offers from Rutgers and Temple, too.

•Bryan Paull, OL, 6-4, 290, Parkland, Fla.: Must be good the way UConn has been recruiting and producing outstanding offensive linemen.

•Angelo Pruitt, LB, 6-3, 245, Cincinnati: Good build for the position and loves to hit.

•Yawin Smallwood, LB, 6-4, 225, Worcester: Good size, good speed. Runs a 4.6 40.

•Brandon Steg, LB, 6-3, 233, Coral Springs, Fla.: Solid player; could make impact right away.

•Gilbert St. Louis, DB, 5-10, 175, Plantation, Fla.: He's a D-back from South Florida. He's fast, naturally (4.4 40).

— Desmond Conner

17. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Randy Shannon...WHAT THE FUCK.

So much for that fence around Miami...Too bad it was 3 feet high...

Pathetic.

18. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I don't see why you're upset with the class? Did you expect something bigger and better?

Florida State simply out recruited them nationwide, not just in Florida. One of the Noles best commits is from California. Joyner and Jones, the 5 star recruits that signed with FSU had absolutely no interest at all in Miami, so I don't see how you can complain.

Also, please don't throw the Florida Gators into this - the teams aren't even on the same level...not even close anymore.

The Canes signed about 24 to 25 guys, right? A lot of them seem to be very talented players. They had the 4th best class in the ACC - there's no reason for you to complain. It's not like Miami was a championship contender and under recruited.

#38 Mr Electric, Feb 3, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  19. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

Gotta say I didnt see this guy until recently but J.C copland looks like a monster he already has a frame to play 3-4 end in the NFL

And I think next year's class in general looks even better

I know right now LSU has comits from 2 guys who could be 5 star guys

#39 rhodesfan16, Feb 3, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  20. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

What pisses me off is that they are a team that looks for all these sleeper types, yet they have absolutely zero ability to develop these potential-laden guys they bring in. There was a day when getting the small-time kids from the area was fine because they knew how to get the best out of them. These days, they seem to just be getting these guys for the hell of it, like a couple are bound to pay off.

It's just not working, and I really think that the Shannon experiment is done after this year. Jimbo hit the ground running, and FSU already sprinted right past the 'Canes. The honest truth is that they need a coach/staff that's been there before and can develop players. Jacory Harris day one junior year is no better than Harris day one freshman year, same goes for that whole 2008 class.

There are a few guys that can play, but based on the impressions I get from people is that they just embarassed themselves. They didn't have any real shot with a lot of these guys because they just didn't do a good job of recruiting, it's that simple.