2009 College Football Season Thread

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by JetsNation06, Sep 5, 2009.

1. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

Rebels are back. Florida effect of last year. If i'm right, SC is going to be awesome next year..but for now, its all Rebs at least in the West.

2. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

[​IMG]

Have some OU.

Masive win for the Canes, especially with the way Jacory was able to bounce back after an ugly start to the game. Javarris played really well, but even more love to the lines. The OL was able to contain a very talented DL for the Sooners, and the front four created pressure on the other side of the ball.

3. IATA

IATA Trolls

Cal has scored 6 points in the last 2 games. That is pathetic, especially with Best on the team.

4. deuceballa01

deuceballa01 New Member

big ups to The U. Ohio State I think is actually underrated this year (9)

5. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Alabama? They're the only team who can beat Florida to me.

6. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Don't forget about South Carolina. We play Florida at home.

The Gamecocks have a very, very good defense and the offense is getting a little better.

I'm still not happy with Spurrier's conservative play calling, but Garcia is maturing at QB and the running game has really taken off.

I'm not trying to overlook Kentucky next week, but on October 17th, the Cocks play at Alabama. We'll see how good both teams are in this game.

7. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

No, if Florida is going to lose in the regular season it will be this Saturday, in Death Valley

8. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

^^USCeast has no shot in hell at beating Florida. Garcia is an average QB at best. Good team but you don't honestly think they can beat UF even if the game is played in Columbia.

I have to agree that a 'Bama-Florida rematch is the only chance I see of UF losing a game this year.

9. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Stephen Garcia is a sophomore redshirt...I'm fine with him being average this season. In fact, he's been better than average so far:

Garcia has completed 60 percent of his passes, he's thrown 6 TDs (and 4 more that have been called back by penalties), and only 2 INTs. He's also a dangerous runner...

He's the second best QB in the SEC East behind only Tim Tebow.

If South Carolina keeps playing like they have been, they will go into the Florida game at 9-1 or 8-2. The Bama game will be HUGE.

...like I said earlier, I don't want to overlook Kentucky.

You can call SC's quarterback mediocre all you want, but their defense is what's been winning games lately.

#469 Mr Electric, Oct 4, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  10. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I'll take Greg McElroy over Garcia...

And even though he beat Snead...I'd still take Snead.

11. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I think the Gators are in for a war against the Bayou Bengals... in fact I'll very much be rooting for LSU.

12. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I said SEC East...

McElroy and Snead both play in the SEC West. I've been saying Snead is overrated for a while.

If I was ranking QBs for the entire conference, here's my top three:

1. Tim Tebow - Florida (SEC EAST)
    2. Chris Todd - Auburn (SEC WEST)
    3. Greg McElroy - Alabama (SEC WEST)

13. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Is it really that impressive to be the 2nd best QB in the SEC East? I don't think its more Garcia being better, its the Division for QBs suck...I like Joe Cox(no homo) but him and Garcia are prob a push.

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

He's still performing at very high level while playing in the best conference in college football...as a redshirt sophomore.

15. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

Nice to mention what conference he's playing in when the majority of his games have, to this point, been played against markedly inferior out-of-conference teams.

He's had one good game, in the shootout to Georgia. Against such powerhouses as South Carolina State, he went 13 of 19 for 132 yards. Against NC State, he was 13 of 22 for 148 yards. He's not throwing the ball downfield, playing in a mediocre, ball-control offense. I haven't seen anything from Garcia that doesn't prove to me that he's anything other than an average quarterback for a slightly-above-average team. He didn't beat Ole Miss, the SC defense did. He might not have made mistakes, but he completed 16 out of 34 passes, and you're not going to beat too many people doing that. SC isn't even close to an elite team, and I see at least 3 more losses on the schedule, and that's being as optimistic as I can possibly be.

You know who's been far more impressive as a redshirt sophomore? Robert Griffin, before he got hurt. Or Jacory Harris. Terrelle Pryor, as a true soph. Tate Forcier, as a true frosh. Garcia hasn't been anywhere near notable for his performance thusfar, unlike the others, who absolutely deserve accolades for their strong performances early in this season.

16. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Yea, I mentioned the SEC because 2 of his first 5 games have been against RANKED SEC teams. Garcia and the Gamecocks barely lost to UGA and they upset a top five team in Ole Miss. Also, as mediocre as NC State has been, they still have a shot at the ACC Atlantic. Almost every team in college football front loads their schedule with trash teams so they can get things going.

What do any of these quarterbacks have to do with what I was saying?

I love how you knock Stephen Garcia for playing against inferior teams when Terrelle Pryor has only faced one team worth a damn and he lost to them.

Tate Forcier is winner and I love watching him play.

Jacory Harris has done some big things for Miami, but if you look at his stats, they are mediocre. I believe he'll get better and better, but what's the point with comparing him to Garcia?

I'm pissed that Griffin got injured because I saw a lot in him...he'll be back. He didn't really play against anyone special either.

Stephen Garcia's only had one good game? The Gamecocks are 4-1 and he's only turned the ball over twice. ...and like I said earlier in this thread he's thrown 6 TDs and 4 others have been called back because of penalties. He's doing his job, which is managing their offense. FOURS WINS to ONE LOSS.

Steve Spurrier knows that his defense is one of the best in the country, so he's going to try and control the clock/game. I hate how conservative his play calling has been so far. He's playing not to lose which sucks, but it's worked so far.

Saying that they don't throw down the field just shows how little you know about the situation.

#476 Mr Electric, Oct 6, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  17. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

18. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

It would probably be more accurate just to take FSU out/

19. Jam.

Jam. Banned

ZING!

20. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Punter Will Goggans has been very impressive for Troy.