1st Round - Quinton Coples

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Apr 26, 2012.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

good point, i didnt realize with the mess they have made of the picks this year how much time we used....

there were so many guys there that people have talked about, coples, jones, hightower, mercilus, ingram.... the shame is the damn patsies picked up 2 of them. the kid is definitely a stud, i can only hope he will be an impact player as we could have filled some bigger holes.

2. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I'm warming up to it. Something odd was going this year when it comes to pass rushers -- for some reason they weren't coming off the board as early, and then Seattle went full retard with Bobby Bouchet out of WV. So the Jets got a guy that could have been a much earlier pick in a normal year.

3. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Lighten up, Francis.

4. NYSackXchange

NYSackXchange Active Member

I cant understand the gholston comparison on this board. Coples had a excellent college career. And was extremely productive throughout. His production, talent and skill make him a top pick. Some of the members here are baffling.

5. DepressedJet

DepressedJet Banned

Could we switch the a 4-3?

6. Cruz Control

Cruz Control Banned

I'd rather have JPP, Tuck or Osi. any one of those three. Those guys are championship players.

7. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

coples is to big and slow to play outside linebacker. coples was voted by the so called experts to be the most likely to bust.

ingram was available and is a fast tough outside linebacker that was expected to go top 5 or the least top 10. hate that they passed on ingram!

8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Too bad the draft wasn't like....7 fucking rounds....so we could get some more great players

9. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

If you know nothing about college football, then what the hell are you basing your opinion on?

10. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

This is interesting pick. I think he can be a really great player. I was hoping we would go O-line, but D-line works too. The trenches now for the future could be Mo, Ellis, Coples. The d-line is young. Let's not jump ahead and start grading this draft before we see the next couple rounds. The Jets could always trade up in round 2 and grab someone they still like or wait around and grab someone.

11. JeTerps

JeTerps Active Member

This is devitos last year on his current contract. Probably went bpa, plus it would have been a dire need next year.

12. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

Some of Yall are just going with the flow and reading all these BS Mocks and think these Analyst are gods. None of them predicted all the Trades or Bruce Irvin being selected 15th . which means they don't know nothing either their guess is as good as ours. Support Coples and I'm rooting for him to bring the Pain to Tom Brady

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Shaun Ellis did that too. That's a comp I don't mind too much.

14. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

It's to note there was a coaching ANd position change during Coples senior year, when his production supposedly dipped.

15. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

Yeah, Rex doesnt know how to coach up talent...:::cough cough:::Maybin

16. Hey they went with the most talented guy on the board.Coples has all the talent in the world & does alot of things well. Jets do alot of research on player motors leading up to the draft & Rex is said to have an eye for such things with defensive players(He saw right through Gholston). If Rex signed off on his motor then the pick is a no brainer.

He's the athlete the Jets lack in their front 7.Very Happy with this pick.

17. MURDR

MURDR Banned

he hasn't played a down in the NFL yet, give him a chance...

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

That's kind of where I'm at. Seattle handed us an amazing gift when the guy making the phone call dropped the first page in his sheaf of papers without realizing it and just called out the 70th guy on Seattle's list.

19. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

he's not the best pass rusher. the syracuse guy was still there and the tackle rief was there. hope it works out, just think defensive tackle wasn't the pick to make there when an offensive tackle (rief) and a beast of an outside linebacker (ingram) were there for the pic.

20. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

if you continued to READ you would see i based it on REX AND THE SCOUTS as opposed to a FAN on a FORUM