17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I guess I did not speak too soon,,,,,tickets are available and prices are tanking for Manning and the Broncos ,,,,
    Gecko the market is indeed shifting

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Unreal,,,,,dont look now but alot of tickets available and for below face / psl value,,,,,,,its going to be a long year folks !

3. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

CBG - where do you see these "below face values" Crazy Eddie Prices? I'm not seeing anything close to that on StubHub.

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Let me ask you guys something,,,,,maybe I am mistaken ,,,are not all the lower end zone seats $120 ,,,,oops I mean $125 per ticket ? By the way that is without the multi thousand PSL $$$$$$ attached but I stray ,,,, I saw oceans of tickets in sections 101,103,104,148,149 for less than $125 ,,,,so are those tickets sold for less than $125 ? If I were a PSL holder and saw those tix going for less than I paid face value that would drive me " insane " to quote crazy Eddie
    Ps it is 3 days before the game and I am pretty certain they will drop even more

5. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

http://www.stubhub.com?ticket_id=1116704755 - Lower Endzone Corner 106 row 43 (2 x $85.25)

6. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

There are tickets out there under face in those sections...I wouldn't say oceans though. There's about 100 tickets in those sections for under $125. There are thousands of seats in those sections. The PSL holders paid a $2500 PSL...and they are the ones selling their tickets for under face. The Jets stink and you can't make it to the game (or don't want to go) then that's gonna happen.

7. GordonGecko

Not only that, but those are "all-in" prices. So for example, that guy selling his $125 lowers for $85 is actually only taking home about $67. That's a 50% haircut on the biggest opponent of the year, and the guy still has to pay for a PSL

8. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

There's about 2300 tickets available as of now out of 80000 seats. That's not an extreme amount especially considering how bad the Jets are. There are some good deals out there but i wouldn't necessarily call it a fire sale. If they don't start winning those later season games will be going for real cheap. For those who bought PSL's they should have been expecting lean years from this franchise. They are never a perennial playoff team.

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Thanks Gecko,,,,,and ,,,Stuartfl do you see them now on stubhub ?

Jetsfan1 I never said it was a fire sale just that seats are going for under face value. Also I don't know what anyone considers a lot of seats , for some might think 2o some 200 others 2000 but I look at it this way if I had season tix and someone sitting next to me paid ALOT less for the same product I would be bent out of shape and that happened many times for many reasons when I actually did have seats in my name ! bottom line is ticket prices are tanking as I type this and this is happening even with Peyton Manning coming to town !

10. Harry The Jet

Harry The Jet New Member

11. Harry The Jet

Harry The Jet New Member

The market is weak, and has been for several years.

12. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

True, you didn't say fire sale, but you did say oceans of tickets in those sections. Its happened to every season ticket holder who's had tickets over the years. That was my point. History has shown that if you have season tickets and the Jets suck then you wont get face for your games. Anyone who bought a PSL should have thought about that before buying. The only way to avoid that is to sell any games you can't go to before the season starts when every team is optimistic.

With the internet there have always been great deals for tickets the week (and days) before the game if you're willing to wait it out. Having season tickets, you're paying a "convenience fee" of having the same seats in good years (no matter how few) and, (unfortunately many) bad years. In the few years they are good you may save money. In the many years that are bad you will lose.

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jetsfan1 ,,,, I said there were oceans of tickets available and there are . I just mentioned the few sections that I happened to look in . If I had looked in the mezz and upper deck. I am certain that there are tickets well below face there also.tickets available in bunches at reduced prices in October with Peyton coming to town simply amazing ! I along with many others who had tickets for years know exactly what it is like to EAT tickets ! Too many times to count I could not give tickets away for free,so I know what lean years are ! Many people including myself documented about this in this thread a long time ago !
    To attach crazy prices that are way too high to begin with and then put a cokammammy P S L on top of it is just ridiculous ! I feel for anyone locked into their PSL ! It's how many years later and the Jets are still running commercials for ticket availability ? What it means to be green ? Dont get me started ! Rant over
    Ps Stuart are you still having trouble viewing the seats on stub hub and everywhere else ? Pss can someone give my regards to sg3 ,,,,,,just sayin

14. bbombers1985

bbombers1985 Active Member

This thread should be renamed non-season ticket holders putting down season ticket holders. To each their own. You enjoy watching at home on your couch, power to you. You enjoy it live, great. I don't see why couch folks have the need to rile up people that want to root in person. It's their money. They're free to spend it as they please. If you want to benefit from a low resale market, that's awesome. Sucks for the person to who paid more, but again, it's their own prerogative.

JetsSec337Lot13B likes this.
  15. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

CBG...right...oceans...that's why I said there 2,300 total (not just the sections you mentioned) seats available out of a total of 82,500 yesterday. Now there are 1,700 total. Maybe our ideas of "oceans" are slightly different. If a movie theater had 3 seats available out of 100 I don't know if I would consider it oceans of seats, but that's just me. Nothing has changed with Jets tickets since the invention of the internet and online buying. If you wait until right before the game you can get great deals you will get them (as long as the waiters don't outnumber those dumping tickets). Actually, that was even the case before the internet. Get in the parking lot and wait until right before kickoff and buy them off the scalper at half price. Has anything really changed? (Yes, the PSL...but anyone who bought them should have thought about that) PSL buyers were, or should have been, aware of that. No one is locked into a PSL. It's a sunken cost. You can always pay it and walk away if you're that upset with the product on the field. And I think everyone can agree they are not sold out...well, except sg3 since you mentioned him.

bbombers...you may be right about renaming it. Some people spend their discretionary/entertainment dollars on the Jets in the form of a PSL and season tickets...others cherry pick and wait for deals from those dumping at the last minute...others buy before the season starts and pay over face only to find out the Jets stink by week 4 and they could have gotten a better deal if they waited. No different in the past or with any other product on the market that involves more than about $10.

Actually under 1,200 right now....

http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-jets-tickets/http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-jets-tickets/http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-jets-tickets/

16. JetsSec337Lot13B

This thread died a long time ago. Mostly nonSTH who masterbate to stubhub prices.

17. JetsSec337Lot13B

Shocking part for tomorrow is the get in price is $77 as I type this. Some lower level end and mezanine zones are around $95. Around 1500 tickets.

As I always say if the weather is above 55 degrees people want to see football played especially if it's a good team coming to town. Fortunately 6 of the 8 home games are done by November 9th. The two home games in December could become ghost towns.

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

If anyone here thinks that I am dumping on season ticket holders for still going to games while someone like myself chooses to stay home or cherry pick at times ,well you are mistaken ! I have written on this thread oceans of times ( as we now know oceans as different meanings to different posters but to me oceans means a lot or many but I stray )as to why I hate the jets reps and ticket office and you can throw Woody under that bus also !
    My gripe is with the Jet reps ,sales department and ticket office and any chance I get to dump on them , I will . This said there have been posters on this thread that have told me and others how it was a wonderful thing to own a P S L and how wonderful stadium was along with other memorable stuff,,,,,,so if my posts hit home with them no biggie .

19. GordonGecko

market went the other way again, everything way over face right now and most nothing available. People are coming to see Peyton Manning

20. JetsSec337Lot13B

The weather also helped. Giants play an 8:30 game so some of their fans will come as well. If you look most games when the Giants are on a bye and not playing and the Jets are not at home ticket prices tend to be a bit higher. While I am not saying the Bills game will be huge money it will stay a bit higher than expected because the Giants are on the bye. Assuming there is no rain in the forecast and high temps are above 50-55 degrees you will see.