17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Has nothing to do with the economy, the NFL is becoming a TV-only league, attendance is down all over the place. People won't pay the high prices when they can have a better game day experience. The tail gate is still great but people now go 1-2 times instead of 8

alleycat9 likes this.
  2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

yup sour grapes. thats the ticket.

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Yes you are right about game day experience being better at home. But I believe if the tickets were affordable to begin with, people would still attend the games more than they do now.

alleycat9 likes this.
  4. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I agree. Attending each and every game, bad season or good season, terrible weather or beautiful day - no matter what, was habitual. It was the Jets who created the cracks - the reasons to question that behavior, the opportunities to reevaluate whether or not it made sense to keep with it. The timing was bad for them because of the economy but mostly I think around here it's about the stadium. It's incredibly "eh" for what they promoted and claimed it would be. To me, anything promised or promoted since then is questioned and taken with suspicion.

It's also the NFL's fault. The product on the field isn't as good with all of the penalties, rule changes, and if you're at the game, all the damn TV timeouts. I used to bring a radio in with me to have the commentary along with the live action. I stopped doing that a few years ago once the radio broadcast was delayed 7 secs. Witnessing how the NFL handled our Super Bowl (transit mess, ignoring NJ altogether, many instances of strong-arming) has alerted more fans to their arrogance and bullying tactics. More and more people are sensitive towards their behavior which is why the Ray Rice crap has become what its become.

I believe the NFL has reached its peak. Its downhill from here. Slowly, but it will never be what it was. This is the start of the gradual decline.

Brook! likes this.
  5. GordonGecko

I think there's going to be decline among their core sports fans. Right now they're pushing really hard to get the wine and cheese crowd and going on political correctness overdrive. The base of the NFL fans doesn't want to know the details of how Ray Rice is a wife beating scumbag, they want to see Ray Rice score some touchdowns and if one day he doesn't show up to training camp because he's in jail, then fuck him at that point. The soap opera bullshit is turning off way more existing people than attracting new people.

alleycat9 likes this.
  6. Brook!

This Sunday it will be sunny and 82 degrees.

At home against Lions who are a decent team with a star like Calvin Johnson.

Yet, you can get into the stadium for 40 bucks as of Thursday.

This is a shame.

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

So which is it? It sucks that the prices are so high and people stay home or its a shame that you can get in for $60. If you are happy with no going, good for you but don't put down the experience, its still great. Team sucks, but that's nothing new. Anyone who had tickets and now stays home looks for anyway to put down going to the games to make themselves feel better staying home and watching on TV instead of being at the game because you know you miss it. Its in your blood. Outside of the stupid escalators, the game day experience is 10 times better then before. Drive in, walk in time, bathrooms, and getting out of the lot are much much better. And no one had to buy PSL's so don't want to hear it. And I am in row 7 in the UD and I am used to it so it seems fine. Enjoy your lazy ass day on the couch while I fun without my wife n kids and eat meat, drink and soak in the sun with other MEN!!!!!

max and bbombers1985 like this.
  8. bbombers1985

bbombers1985 Active Member

Amen to that. Nothing like the game day experience.

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

314,,,,sorry guy I have to call you on this ,,,,,I do not and have not put anyone down for going,,,never have . What I have said is that I feel for anyone who bought a PSL especially nowadays when you can purchase that exact same seat for 50 dollars below face value with no psl attached ! Going to games now is like talking about the old neighborhood I miss what it WAS not what it IS . Our tailgate used to be 30 plus each and every weekend and now I know 8 guys that still go to games,,,,we used to know almost every single person in the rows of our section or nearby now you are lucky if the same face sits next to you twice a year! The stadium is well documented it sux and the escalators and the parking passes and the height and steep steps blah blah,,,,bottom line is We went for years and had a blast but now I miss what it was not what it is. I can't speak for anyone else but I hope you enjoy the game and weekend 314 and I hope they win,,as for me ? I looked at tix prices yesterday online, as I said I can sit in the mezz or lower level for 50 bucks below face and no psl but will pass and watch at home,,,,,the kicker is I was also offered 4 freebies today and said " no thanks " . If you think the game day experience is 10 times better now than it once was all I can say is maybe by some act of god yours is better but every jet fan that I know including the 8 guys that still go and all the guys I know that gave the tix up and myself all say we disagree with you !

#18629 CBG, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
    alleycat9 likes this.
  10. Brook!

Hi sec314

I still go to games whenever I can and I probably go if I can finish helping my friend move on Sunday. Every year I go to 4-5 games and I love it. My post wasn't an attack to you. Enjoy all the games you go. My point was Jets somehow distanced themselves from the fan base with this new stadium. If people are still not going with this low prices, then there is something wrong.

11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I did not take anyone person's post personally. Just had to vent. Last weeks post might have been me trying to convince myself. That said, I gotta admit, the last 2 weeks the crowds have been awful. Just too many opposing fans and so many different people every week. I think the long time hardcore season ticket holder is maybe 30% of the people at the game. Its gotten worse every year but this year, oh geez, its just not what I signed up for. I can't go through another coaching staff and mediocre QB anymore and I hate my section. This could be it for me, its just not even close to what I once loved, win or lose. And next up Broncos, Bills. Steelers all with tons of fans to take over our place. F U Woody for breaking up such a good vibe. FU Idzik for not filling our the roster and FU Rex for being the shitiest game day coach I have ever seen ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alleycat9 likes this.
  12. no psls

no psls Banned

AMEN !!!!!

13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

314 i am glad you didnt. and i dont think even my snarky comments are ever directed at anyone in particular. i like you are just very frustrated with the whole thing still. its been how many years and i still have a deep rooted anger for what has occurred to everyone. including those guys who still go religiously.

14. GordonGecko

I wish the Jets had some 4:00 pm starts

Royal Tee likes this.
  15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This !

16. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

CBG - i bet you are loving the fact you aren't a season ticket holder right about now... all those cheap tickets on stubhub.

17. JetsSec337Lot13B

To be honest I've just decided to accept everything as it. This is the 5th year in the stadium now. I can't go back to pre 2009 anymore. We lost a couple people from our tailgate but also got some new people. We mostly go for the tailgate because we still enjoy that part. No one likes the new place but still loves the tailgate.

My ticket price is down to $65 which is less than the old place. The Raiders and Lions game just to get in the door was about $55. Bears game was less. Parking is very high. I sold an extra yellow pass for the Lions game for $60 without a problem.

I am in the first row and security is next to me so there aren't issues with opposing fans anymore and I'm on the aisle. To find 3 seats in a first row aisle seat isn't easy. Parking on the secondary market is too high. I could maybe save $100 when you factor in the price of parking on the secondary markets but to me it's not worth it.

It's 5 years since we went into this place and no one is thrilled but at this point what are the options? Sit home? Bitch on a message board? I choose to go and still enjoy the tailgate. If the Jets win its an added bonus.

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Stubhub and Jet tickets should be real interesting after yesterday's fiasco

19. GordonGecko

Yeah the market will shift. So far prices have climbed approaching game day, now that everyone thinks they completely suck and especially with the cold, the price should be going down now with every game. If they get embarrassed again next Sunday it'll completely fall apart. Get ready to sit on the sidelines for 50 bucks

alleycat9 likes this.
  20. bbombers1985

bbombers1985 Active Member

I think prices will hold for the most part due to Peyton Manning. Bills game is gonna be a pennies on the dollar. Steelers game may hold, but I suspect it'll be filled with Steelers fans instead.