17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. JetsSec337Lot13B

Did you renew?

2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

337, from my last post. I guess we are buddies now or is 337 in name only?

I wound up in sec 337, row 6 seats 7-8 so I moved down 2 rows and and 5 yards closeer to the the middle of the field. My current section was 340 and I sat on the 25 yard line and now I am on the same side of the field but at the other 30 yard line. Also upgraded to yellow from orange parking and with saving on tickets paid the same overall. I still plan on calling every 10 days or so to see what's available. The Jets have not released people's tickets yet so I have not given up and getting exactly what I want. My buddy decided to stay where he was so I went from looking for 4 to 2 so that's why these came up. Glad I still have seasons and did get a little better situation. Thanks everyone for answering my questions.

3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I haven't renewed yet. Looks like I'm not going to either. My buddy announced that he has zero interest in any night games, and only wants to go to half the games. Money is tight, and I can't eat the preseason and a few regular season game to boot. The wife likes going to the games but is fine cutting back to 4 or 5.

This would break a 35 year run for me. Yep, 35! 1979 was my first full season. Leahy hit the upright, and we lost to the Browns at Shea.

However, now that I live 3.5 miles away from the stadium, I will try to keep the streak going. My biggest concern is acquiring the parking pass. I know once I'm in the lot I will find tickets. If it gets to be 15 minutes before kick-off and I don't have seats I'll just go home to my DVR which will already be paused.

This sounds good in theory, but when they start pressuring me, it'll be hard not to give them the credit card #. It's in my blood. Yes, the prices were lowered, and I liked the seats I had last season. But, no matter where I sit upstairs, getting in and out really sucks at this stadium. It does ruin the experience for me, especially in bad weather. It's just not worth it.

4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

My biggest concern with stubhub'ing it was the parking tickets, pretty expensive and a pain in the ass. If it was pay as you go, i would have probably bagged seasons. I find getting out of the lot after games 10x better in the new place as is getting it with the ticket taker. Damm, 35 years, no turning back if you give them up.

5. LogeSection2RowJ

Not sure about that. I could turn back. We'll see.

Funny, regarding 35 years, what crime would you have to commit to serve 35 years? ; )

6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I meant if you don't renew. Seems once people leave, they don't come back.

7. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

Parking D and we are in the verizon gate in 5-10 minutes depending on how fast we drink our beers for the walk.

8. JetsSec337Lot13B

Funny thing is in the old stadium I sat in 337 and had row 7 seats 7-8 and then the Jets had a single seat 6 that I got for my sister so the last several years we were 337 row 7 seats 6, 7, and 8 so if this were the old place we'd be very good buddies. Now in the new place I'm 347 first row. Corner end zone view is what I've been used to for years and with a price drop to $650 it was hard for me to want to upgrade to $1k sidelines and be on the hook for an extra $350. I have two bachelor parties in Vegas this year so I'm staying put.

I obviously don't know you very well but we've all posted in this thread for several years and I would have bet my condo you weren't going to drop your tickets. Creatures of habit we can't part with the ticket of being a "Jets season ticketholder" no matter what people think of us.

Yellow parking is the way to go. I park in lot K I've been there since I got my tickets when I was 11 years old in 1991. It's home for us. Last year they made it orange but the way they do things they will change the color every other game this season. Can always use yellow in an orange lot anyway.

9. JetsSec337Lot13B

My side business is to buy/sell tickets to concerts and some sporting events. I've only listed one set of Jets tickets online ever for re-sale and that was a pair of comp tickets I got for a stadium tour. I have re-sold yellow parking passes over the years and made pretty nice money. My advice for you though is one of the following:

1. Look on eBay weekly for a parking pass for the entire season. They used to be available for $275-$300 for the entire season for a yellow pass if you looked at the right time but they aren't as easy to find as they used to.

2. Go to the Jets ticket exchange site as soon as it opens up and just buy a print out pass to every game. With services fees it comes to like $35 a pass.

You could always take your ticket money and buy a power invertor ($50 or so) and a small flat screen for a couple hundred and watch the game in the lots if you can't find tickets.

I say all this and think to myself why did I renew my tickets. On the other hand you could always downgrade to corner end zones for $650 a pop which is the equivalent of 4-5 games where you currently sit.

LogeSection2RowJ likes this.
  10. JetsSec337Lot13B

You're right on point with that. In my tailgate group we've had a few who have dropped. One guy didn't come for 5 years and came to the final game last season. Other one goes to two games a year now. Every year they say they'll come each week but something comes up. Once you drop the tickets you lose your built in excuse to miss different functions. I've managed to use season tickets to let me go to Thanksgiving games, holidays, engagement parties, birthdays etc.

The tough one for me this year is my cousin announced he will be getting married September 7th. I've said if the Jets are home I will miss the wedding but I have also been threatened by every family member if I don't show. I'm now just praying we open September 14th instead.

11. LogeSection2RowJ

Thanks for the advice! Didn't know about the ticket exchange site. When would it open up, August? I won't do the watch in lot thing. But that's because I live close by. My tailgate friends are lot K, so at least orange passes will do. Maybe that'll be easier to find on EBay. I've had yellow for two years, and parked in K anyway. (That entire "shell-game" they played with the parking designation still pisses me off)

Even if I drop (though the decision could already be made by the Jets) I really want to try to get to every game in 2014. I have a goal to get to 300 games attended, and I'm getting pretty close. Not having to drive an hour to get there makes a difference, and I want to take advantage of it since we might not live here in 2015.

Getting older sucks. My pals and younger brother are all living out of state now. Dad's too old to go. My older brother's knees are shot, so the trek in and out makes it not worth it for him. I'm lucky to have a wife who likes sports and understands the importance of watching 'the game' but she doesn't have the same drive that I do. Plus, it just isn't the same as going with buddies, obviously. I rarely meet anyone anymore who are Jets fans that are looking to go. For twenty years I held six seats, and six of us went, but times change.

Jay Bizniss and Brook! like this.
  12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I gotta figure out how to go north back up 120 from there towards Rt46 . You know? There are 4 of us, would love to hang with you, we eat and drink a lot. HA!!!!

Update: I think my first game I will get on 120 south and go around the IZOD and leave the same way I used to go which will put me on 120 north

#18472 sec314, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  13. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Why U want to rent my seats? :mad:

14. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

Looks like some of you will be in section 337. I am in 338, row 14, would love to meet you guys, I'll probably be the youngest in the group (I am only 23) Lets make 337/338 get loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. JetsSec337Lot13B

Check your inbox. Sent you some info you might find useful.

LogeSection2RowJ likes this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Anyone get an email or phone call from the jets ? " we want you back " ,,,,i did not get one but a buddy just called me,,,,,he walked from. His pal last year,,,and now this,,,,quite comical

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

My buddy was called last week, he's moving and did not renew, but I told him to tell them he's done because the place sucks instead.

18. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

That's what you told him...really?

19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Yes I did, why waste a good importunity to make them feel like crap.

20. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Anybody planning to attend the Draft Activities at Florham Park on May 10th? Thinking of taking kids for the first time. Is it worth to spend a Saturday there or is it a dud event?