17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Some of my friends say they prefer Row 1 just because they have nobody in front of them getting up etc. They prefer adjusting their seating instead of dealing with someone standing up in front of you.

I am not a STH holder yet and I do stubhub. But if I become one, I will look for Row 1 seats.

GG

It is the railings that obstructs the view. When at Row 1, you need to adjust yourself to see the play.

2. JetsSec337Lot13B

Row 1 is a pleasure for me. No one in front of me. I never sit still during a game anyway so I adjust a little but for me it's a lot better than someone standing up in front of me. Please row 1 has an extra foot of leg room.

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Just to start a discussion.

Why people are fond of Aisle seats? When you sit on an aisle seat, you are guaranteed to get up at least 50 times during the game as people will be coming and going.

I prefer to sit in the middle of the row so I can minimize getting up to allow people to pass. And if I have to go to the bathroom or anything I don't mind asking people to allow me to pass at all.

What is your take?

4. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I like the aisle seat for extra leg & shoulder room since I'm 6'4" 200lbs

Also makes it easy to be the first to the bathroom or parking lot. In terms of moving out of the way for people coming in/out, it's easier from an aisle seat than mid-row

alleycat9 likes this.
  5. JetsSec337Lot13B

Having had back surgery and three leg surgeries I move around a lot and like to be able to stick my leg out to the aisle on occasion. I also have extra leg room in my row so now if people walk by I don't even have to stand up for them. Even in the past when I had to I realized I'd rather do that then when I need to use the bathroom ask people to stand up and have to walk over people or drinks etc.

6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I love aisle seats for the same reason as 337. I can't understand how anyone would want to sit in row 1 and have to move to your left/right or up/back in order to see the field without obstruction. Having people stand up once in awhile is not that bad. TO each his own, glad someone enjoys them. If you have row 4 in the middle of the field please move to row 1 and let me know. Thanks.

Damm, I have been cool with Idzik not signing all the FA's he supposedly missed out on especially Desean, but CJ is the one we can not let get away, what a one 2 punch with Ivory. The dude is so dangerous and great hands out of the backfield. Both him and Ivory can not stay on the field running 20-25 times a game, but splitting caries.... wow best combo in the NFL. If the Jets have to overpay a little, please do so Johnny. That would give us the best QB, WR and RB on Free agency.

#18446 sec314, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

CBG, not sure what to do. If I don't renew by Monday my seats will be up for sale. I know if I renew I wont ever get the seats I want but the problem is I had asked for either row 4 or 5 between the 30's and they say they don't have anything. They have been trying to work with me, row 2 was offered so even though I don't always trust them, what if they are being honest and the seats I want never come available and I lose my current seats which I like. I always wanted to call the Jets bluff but I must admit I hate to lose my current seats and get nothing. Talk me off the ledge before I wuss out and renew.

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

314,,,,,,,,,,if you want to renew , don't let me hold u back,,,,,i fully understand your predicament ,,,I was there with you,,,,anguished over the thought of possibly " giving up my seats " and not going anymore,,,,,,but in my case the Jets made it easy for me as it is well documented in my posts on how they outright lied to me about stuff and just handled all of us badly,,over and over and over,,,,ok my rant is over now for any advice I can give you that is not biased with my disdain for the Jet ticket office,,,,,see below

314 I have honestly Never regretted giving up my seats,,,,a few things changed in my case as sooooooo many guys i tailgater with bailed out but a few still have seats and still tailgate but it is not what it once was. Tickets are just so easy to get on the web that it is a joke that the Jets 5 years later are just starting to lower prices,,,,,the people in my section changed week to week , yes there were a couple of regulars but they were few and far in between,,,I loved going to games hanging with friends outside at the tailgate and inside in my section,,for me that was gone !

Don't let them put the heat on you,,do what is best for you,,,,but know this ,,,,,i have zero regrets about giving up my season tickets,,,none,,nada,,,,,,,,and I still go to games ! If I wanted to go to all 8 I could but I pick and choose when I want to go,,,,no preseason for me either,,,,,,,,and no PSL here,,,,,,,I also know many guys who walked away from the psl with zero punishment or ramifications ! I can't tell you or anyone else what to do,,but there is life after giving up your tickets,,,it's not like you will not be able to get tickets ,,,as I said there are oceans of them available out there,,,,let us know how it goes,,good luck

9. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i think bc of the upgrades last year between the 30's is filled with STH who are not giving up their seats.i know of someone who moved from row 20 to row 10 aisle for 2 seats between the 30's.but row 1-4 between the 30's is not gonna be available

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

17A I have not said it lately but there are many threads on here that I read but there are only a few that I genuinely enjoy,,,,,this is one of them ! Thanks again for starting it,,,,,,it has been a wealth of information !

11. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Take a ski vacation in Austria

[​IMG]

12. JetsSec337Lot13B

So what ended up happening?

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Insert drum roll,,,,,,,,,

14. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Need not worry he renewed since his love for the NYJs is greater then life itself :mad:

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I wound up in sec 337, row 6 seats 7-8 so I moved down 2 rows and and 5 yards closeer to the the middle of the field. My current section was 340 and I sat on the 25 yard line and now I am on the same side of the field but at the other 30 yard line. Also upgraded to yellow from orange parking and with saving on tickets paid the same overall. I still plan on calling every 10 days or so to see what's available. The Jets have not released people's tickets yet so I have not given up and getting exactly what I want. My buddy decided to stay where he was so I went from looking for 4 to 2 so that's why these came up. Glad I still have seasons and did get a little better situation. Thanks everyone for answering my questions.

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

314,,,,,,enjoy the seats and the games !

17. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

337 now your closer to the verizon entrance. nice

18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

HELLO!!! Poor poor PSL owners. All they had to do is read this post

http://thejetsblog.com/

Brian Bassett, TheJetsBlog.com
    Back in 2008, the Jets announced their desire to sell PSLs in their stadiums. Now seven years later and three years into the new stadium, the Jets held a focus group with fans to discuss the gameday experience and (surprise!) we’re told that PSLs are one of the worst aspects of being a season ticketholding Jets fan according to Brian Costello of the New York Post.
    The Jets heard from some unhappy customers. Not surprisingly, personal seat licenses (PSLs) continue to be a sore point.
    “One issue that came out loud and clear is that the PSL holders are very dissatisfied,” the attendee said. “They feel trapped. They are going for less than half of what they paid for them on the open market.”
    Much of the session was spent on the team’s image. The group was asked whether they believe owner Woody Johnson truly wants to win or is more concerned about making money.
    The gameday experience was also a big topic.
    “Pretty much everyone said it’s going downhill,” the attendee said.
    This is true suffering.
    Here’s an example of the opposite of that.
    Remember when Peter King was manipulated by Giants owner John Mara into writing a column about how we as fans should FEEL BAD for Giants owner John Mara because he was building a stadium he couldn’t afford?
    [​IMG]We’ve written extensively about the perils of PSLs for years. Instead of working ourselves into a froth, here’s a simple explanation of why Jets fans informed team president Neil Glat and others why the gameday experience was less than stellar:
    For the sake of getting fans to help the Jets and Giants subsidize a shiny new stadium (that the teams chose to overspend on) many promises were made about what lay ahead to which few have been delivered.
    Parking and tailgating will remain the same! There will be killer apps for every mobile device!! You’ll get pre-sale access to the best ticket events … maybe even THE SUPERBOWL!!! Your PSL can be re-sold as at a net gain, just like a taxi medallion!!!
    Because the teams have failed at delivering time and time again, there’s a growing backlash and threat of PSL defaults that no amount of taut nubile cheerleader flesh can solve.
    The obvious effect of getting fans to invest thousands of dollars for the privilege to pay for tickets has dramatically increased the fans expectations. It has also driven out many loyal fans for the corporate golf-shirt set. It’s a lot easier for Acme Heating and Cooling to afford the seats than a typical diehard.
    So the gameday experience becomes more anodyne and the true fans sufffer and do so at a significantly higher cost … increasing the misery when the team hovers at a milquetoast 8-8.
    We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again. If the Jets want a panacea to fans woes? Stuff the promises about pre-sale Justin Bieber tickets and put together a consistent winner … that is the best cure for a bad gameday experience
    Read more about Bassett’s rantings on PSLs here:
    TJB — Hey … Umm … How Much Would You Pay to Pay to Watch Jets Games?
    TJB — PSL PR Not Going Well
    TJB — 400K PSL Bidder Charged for FraudTJB — Phil Mushnick Rips PSL SalesTJB– PSL UpdateTJB — The Rundown: Parking & PSLs Stop Acting Polite, And Start Getting RealTJB — Tail Wagging the DogTJB — Blue Horseshoe Hates PSL
    4 Comments

19. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Ah in the end all the griping & dissatisfaction would end if they could pull off a miracle & win a SB :mad:

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Winni
    So if I park by you, then I would be real close to my seats, correct? I got Yellow passes. You park in B correct. How's getting out?