17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

And that is what is so wrong with the new stadium. Who gives a crap about these lounges? They look like pictures from a luxury hotel. Fans should go to the stadium for three hours plus of live football, not to sit their asses in leather seats in wood paneled rooms with flat screen TVs INSIDE the stadium!!!! I want nothing more than to sit in a good seat and watch the game. I'll take care of the food at my tailgate and I don't need a lounge for 12 minutes of halftime.

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

it just doesnt even look comfortable. its like its cool because not everyone can get into it.

and yes that is what is wrong with new stadiums, they cater to douchebags who really dont even care about hte game. and then they wonder why when the shine has worn off and the team isnt doing so hot that nobody fucking shows up.

dumb fucking cunts.

3. grumpynyjetsfaninME

I bet you cant scream your balls off when you are in that place...

4. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

during the preseason i ate 8 preseason tix and 2 parking passes worth $890
    during the regular season i ate 6 tix and 1 parking pass worth $655
    thats a total of $1545
    i also invited friends to take my tix 8 times bc well who the hell really wants to see the jets anyway.

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

They should cut to the red zone while its going on during breaks and let me watch it for 2-3 minutes like I do at home instead of showing a TD that occurred 45 min. ago like they do know. For 4pm games, they should put the red zone on the screen from 1-3:45

6. grumpynyjetsfaninME

If roger wasnt an asshat it could happen

7. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I'm replying to this just so we can look at the photos again. If you are in these suites you don't even feel like you're inside a stadium. This is why the stadium cost upwards of 1.7 billion.

If you're in these suites you don't feel like you're inside a stadium. A little less of this over-indulgence and a little more spent on basic function - like a set of escalators near midfield instead of just being on the corners, and also large capacity elevators available to everyone like they have at Yankee Stadium - would have been nice. No, change that - should have been mandatory.

I went to the Texas Bowl to see Rutgers at Reliant Stadium in Houston in 2006. At halftime, with a regular ticket I was able to access a bar lounge area that was carpeted - nothing crazy fancy like these photos, but as nice as a basic hotel lounge bar. At the time, it was announced that a new stadium would be built but the plans for this stadium were still being made. I remember feeling excited that we'd have a stadium as least as nice as Reliant - retractable roof, very nice decor throughout the concourses, etc. I mean, we had to! It's NY! TWO teams splitting the cost!

The disappointment of this stadium has not faded three years later. They should still be embarrassed. I hope to Super Bowl press picks up on it.

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

A wise man once said " put lipstick on a pig it's still a pig ",,,they can tarp it and put bandaides on it but Met Life will still be the same a month from now

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The media will ignore the basic facts and will just go bonkers for the whole NY hype machine. We might get some NY hater to see Met Life for what it is, but I doubt it. I just hope the weather stinks and its a horrible situation sitting in the stadium for what 8 hrs total time where there is no place to hang in the Upper deck or should I say no place to hide. Mike Francesca for you haters, I am # 1, will consider himself the King of New York for that week and will act as the Ambassador and will completely ignore what a dump it is and tell us this the greatest week in Super Bowl history. The NY hype will over shadow the actual game till kickoff. Its going to be sickening. Please someone call it for what it is.

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Bump,,,,ps 1 month until the Super Bowl is played in this warehouse

11. alleycat9

heres to hoping for snow and freezing rain to start and 8 degrees to end.

12. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

It's crazy - what other Super Bowl host teams' fans hope for chaos and disaster? Do Giants fans feel the same way? I bet some do, but Giants fans have more trust and devotion in their ownership than we do.

I don't want to be this way - but the stadium itself has caused these feelings. All you have to do to feel the same way, is remember how difficult it is to get from your car to the 300 level, (They should call it the 800 level) and then look at those club photos again.

13. alleycat9

i couldnt agree more loge, all the problems and douchery that have come with this not even so new stadium anymore. well hey 26 more years till they get to try and figure it out again. woody will probably be dead, then again most of us probably will be too.

14. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Need not worry his son with his trophy wife will be in charge :sad:

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Woody is a good owner, just a lousy landlord. We could have had James Dolan or Donald Trump so be careful what you wish for. He ain't cheap and I think he finally has a the right GM. This off season will be the deciding factor.

16. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Actually U R again incorrect as at least as bad Hess as was he won us a SB whereas up to right now Woody has produced zero, zippo, nada so how can U call him a "good" owner? Oh yes I also disagree on the Donald since anything he produces turns into pure gold:sad:

#18296 championjets69, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Leon Hess was not the Jet owner in 1969, R U losing it? Leon Hess was the nicest man the worst owner because he trusted everyone. Who else would leave Steve Guttman as the GM and Pick my nose Joe as the coach for so many years. WOW!!!!

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Leon was a terrible owner.

19. Gator

Gator Active Member

wiki....

In 1963, he was part of a consortium that bought the New York Jets which included Hess, Sonny Werblin, Philip H. Iselin, Townsend B. Martin and Donald Lillis. His initial investment was $250,000.

He bought out his partners: Sonny Werblin in 1968, the heirs of Philip H. Iselin in 1977, Townsend Martin in 1981 and became the sole owner of the club after purchasing the last quarter-share from Helen Dillon, Lillis' daughter, in 1984.

So....1/4 owner in 69

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This thread should get pretty active these next few weeks,,,,,,,I am curious if any of you guys,,especially the long time posters are actually going to the Super Bowl ? It would be nice o get input from some to let us know what changes have been made if any to the upper decks, concourses , elevates, escalators , entering , exiting,,,,,and all the other stuff that we have questioned about his place since it opened,,,,,,,,will any of you guys be there?