17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I disagree with this and agree with 314 that we really don't know what we have in him this year. Has he improved as pocket passer? Does he know the playbook well enough to execute and move some chains?

We don't relaly know the answer to that question because he's on the sidelines watching. I predict, at some point it's all over this season, we are going to see Tebow for some successive quarters and maybe have a better idea of who Tim Tebow is in 2012.

If he isn't allowed to get into a rythm and stay in the game, we have no idea WTF we're dealing with. And to trade him at the end of the season without seeing him in at least 2-3 games is a sin, IMO. It's always our luck we'll do just that and then he goes somewhere else and starts kicking ass, maybe our own ass.

2. Section 227. Row 5

Actually, if we lose Sunday we could still statistically make the P/Os at 10-6. But what am I talking P/Os for?

As far as keeping the same QB lineup and business as usual next year, this would be a death knell for Ryan and he knows it. Publicly he is backing the current QB situation (because he has to), but behind the scenes, from Rex on UP the chain, I am sure Tanny and even Woody have already made up their minds that the QB arrangement we have this year will not do for 2013.

If I were the owner and/or GM, I'd be scratching my head if the HC DID NOT come to me with a QB wish list. There were HUGE questions surrounding Sanchez at the end of last season... his performance in those last games of the season was absolutely deplorable. So we've seen enough of Sanchez now to know that he isn't a complete and utter failure at QB, but we've seen enough to know that he is barely adequate at best. If he could have some really bright spots to offset the downside, you might find room to forgive... like when Eli Manning throws horrendous picks every once in a while and then makes up for it with a 4th Q comeback. But we don't have that and it's not in him. He stinks up the field and then it's all downhill from there with more stinking up the field.

So a loss this Sunday may not be the tipping point, but we're probably one more loss after that away from it. When our season statistically reaches the point where we can finish no better than 9-7, Rex Ryan HAS TO change it up. There is nothing to lose at that point.

My biggest fear is that Sanchez actually wins a few more... like every other game. That scenario would be a killer because then we diminish the number of games in which we could watch Tebow and get him into a consitent rythm, and then we finish the season still not knowing if he is indeed an improved QB.

If he can demonstrate that, I envision a world in which we keep Tebow as a B/U and bring in a retread and send El Guappo somewhere else for a few mid-round draft picks.

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

John Elway invested 90M in Peyton vs a few M for TT so that is all U need to know of the ability of TT being a SB winning QB :sad:

4. Section 227. Row 5

I don't know how you link the relevance of these two transactions but whatever. They were two totally different transactions based on totally different needs and obviously totally different dollar amounts.

We could never have brought in Manning with Sanchez here, especially after we upped him to 60M. So that was out of the question. Bringing in Tebow for 2M was actually a smart decision, I think. It's an inexpensive scenario with very little downside risk and a lot of upside potential. Even if you just bring him in as a RB and for ST, his athleticism and durability was worth it. Now what is completely baffling is why we aren't using him for much more than STs. It's ridiculous.

I say Tebow is definitely on the roster next year and I can't say the same for El Guappo. And I am dying to see what he can do with a string of drives if we'd only allow him to get into a rythm. The fact that they are pretty much intentionally ignoring the use of Tebow is mind-blowing.

I think it's all part of the old school in Rex's head... "stick with your QB no matter what.... don't mess with his starting position of he'll lose confidence and the confidence of his teamates."

So Rex is riding this very precarious old school ethic right now but he'd better not ride it into the cesspool. We've got to know what we have and where we're going for next year or we're flying blind again.

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

tebow has paid for himself simply with the few 4th down conversions we have from punt formation. its HUGE to be able to do it and even bigger to make the other team play safe instead of block or return. its field position changing every single time he goes on the punt team.

i still dont like the reasoning for bringing him in. and i HATE the fact that he has played as little as he has. i know he is NOT the answer at qb but jesus give the guy a drive here or there to see if he can get the team going a little bit.

2 plays at a time is absurd and just foolish, playing him at te is silly and foolish. but this is what i have come to expect from the circus.

btw, i hate you woody johnson.

6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I said I would like to see him get a chance to see if he has improved his technique but really its to get it over with because I think he's a horrible QB and if he plays enough he won't be a Jet next year. Its gonna take another year to get rid of Sanchez but we could at least get rid of Tebow after this season. I am not sure I could handle another year of both of these guys or the wildcard. We need a real QB on this team so we can replace # 6 when he plays like he has.

#16046 sec314, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  7. Section 227. Row 5

I don't see how you figure that just yet.

What are you afraid of? We've already seen a shitload of Sanchez and that ain't workin', So the worst we can see is Tebow as a pure QB starter and maybe... just freaking maybe... he's a better QB than you ever saw before. And maybe he's better than Sanchez and Favre and Chad and all the others before.

Did you ever consider that? What if this guy moves the chains... however. But he moves them. You've already got this predetermined "horrible" thing going on with Tebow, yet your own posts tell us you'd like to see him play this year and in a setting where he's not taken in and out... in and out... in and out, so that we can see him in a rythm environment.

So let's go with that... you had the right idea. I am 90% convinced right now that Sanchez won't be the answer come game 11. Put Tebow in for 5 games and let's see where we are. And I will cut them both if they both fail.

8. championjets69

I think U R allowing your heart to talk with no real thought at all to the abilities of TT. I say it again if Elway dumped him then how good could he be? :sad:

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I would love to see Tebow play great but coaches have been trying to teach the guy how to throw a football correctly since high school. For some strange reason, Matt Cavanaugh and Tony Sprano might not be the people to change that. I can't put my finger on why.... oh that's right. They both suck as coaches. And keeping Sanchez is about his contract, he's not going anywhere. The best we can hope for is a backup on our team. Such is life in the NFL

10. championjets69

Cmon man now if Elway thought TT was a SB winning QB then why would he dump him for a 90M man? :sad:

11. Section 227. Row 5

I never said Elway or anybody else thought TT was a SB winning QB and of course anyone can see the reasoning behind him letting TT go and bringing in Peyton.

I'm just saying that there was no way bringing in Peyton was an option for us but bringing in TT made sense from the standpoint that he didn't cost us anything and had the potential to be useful to us on the roster. That guy busts his ass on ST but I have no idea why Rex won't give him more than a couple of snaps per game. Probably because he doesn't want to upset his GQ Californication Princess.

But lose a couple more games and all bets are off.

12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Once he replaces Sanchez with TT, then there is no turning back for the rest of the season. If we lose to the Seahawks the season is over so I believe if your buddy has a bad game we will see TT start on the road next week. I just want don't want to hear execuses about the talent around him when Tebow gets to start the rest of the season. Yeap, I say once you make the move, give him the rest of the season so Woody and whoever else thinks this guy is an NFL QB can't make any execuses. Man, after this season we will be a team w/o a legitamate NFL QB. That should sell PSL's and keep UD's in there seats. So Woody lost the election and his team sucks, what's next?
    • Mass exodus of his fan base.... phase 2.
    • Giants win another Super bowl..phase 2.
    • He has to replace the GM, coach or QB.... phase 12.
    • The Giants play the Pats for the Super bowl in NY
    • Woody's wife has another breast enhancement and they explode.

#16052 sec314, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  13. championjets69

Now c'mon if TT IYHO is NOT a SB winning QB then what is the value of him over MS? It is almost like throwing 2 balls up in the air & deciding which 1 to catch 1st & which one to let drop on the floor since they both do not have the abilities to get us to the promised land. I hope sooner or later U do realize that :sad:

14. championjets69

Remember I said before the season started that I expected to get tix in the UD 1st near the 50 after this season expired! :sad:

15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i agree, i think they should just stop playing until they can find a superbowl winning qb.

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I thought that they already did stop playing ? :breakdance:

17. Section 227. Row 5

The way things are going you might have a shot. Woody is going to have a hell of a time with ticket renewals if we go into another horrible slide. We have games left to play that we should win, but this team is smelling like a team that's incapable of even winning the ones it "should win."

If we wind up 5-11 look out below with ticket renewals. And forget about the PSL sections.

18. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

A 5-11 season = A mass exodous especially those in the upper decks. The people walking away from a psl will be another issue in itself. Thanks to Woody,Tanny and Rex.

19. Section 227. Row 5

Woody was barely holding onto UD STHers even after two Playoff appearances.

The 8-8 season sent many packing but he still filled Rows 1-16 on the sidelines. But yes, a 5-11 seson is Woody's seat-filling equivalent of Hurricane Sandy. Complete destruction and major disintegration of the fanbase and massive defections. We are talking about clearing out everything in the UD from Row 10 on.

I have no idea what it would do to the PSL payments and expensive ticket prices downstairs.

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I feel for you guys that still have season tix or bought psl's I am dead serious while I type this ! I know what it is like to have tickets when this team has been bad and rite now they are very very bad ! everyone should call the Jets ticket office and ask for refunds----this product sucks from top to bottom !