17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

FOR MORE UNDERSTANDING OF HOW FAR THE SEATS ARE PUSHED BACK. THIS SHOT IS FROM THE GOAL LINE NORTH END ZONE AND THE GUYS ON THE FIELD ARE ON THE NORTH ENDZONE 40 YARD LINE.
    [​IMG]

IMAGINE WATCHING A PLAY ON THE SOUTHEAST END ZONE PYLON. AND THIS IS ONLY THE LAST ROW OF THE MEZZ. MOST OF US WILL BE 200 FEET HIGHER AND 300 FEET FURTHER BACK.

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

That's 20 stories higher and a football field farther back to put it in perspective.

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

No according the guy we spoke to a 77 guy with 50 yd LD seats tix has 1st dibs & using his words then "fanning" out for there. Then they will move up to the Mezz deck with the same procedure where say a 77 guy with 50 yd seats has dibs over a UD 77 guy no matter where his seats now are

4. championjets69

Yeah but they are FREE right (No PSLs) ?

5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

If an architect brought me this design I'd want to fire him on the spot:

"Are you serious with this design, pal? Even forgetting about the average fan in attendance (who gives a damn about them anyway, let them sit out in the fucking rain, exposed to the elements and needing to watch the game through their binoculars or on the giant screen.

I am talking about my PSL sales here. You're killing me! You think you're making this an easy sell with your cockamamie setbacks? How am I supposed to get corporate top dollar for my PSLs with the club boxes so far removed from the field? You expect my box seat corporate customers to pay me big bucks to sit this far back?

Look where you've got them sitting! They want to feel like they're at the edge of the field, not back with the schmucks! Now get the fuck out of my office and come back with a plan that stacks up the levels and puts the boxes above the benches. If you can't do it I'll find somebody who will."

6. championjets69

Why should it matter since it is not ur money that is paying for the stadium nor are you the 1/2 owner of the stadium.

As for the UD seats they are what they are. They are FREE (NO PSLs) right so we have nothing to complain about right?

As for PSL seats the law of buyer beware rules right?

7. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

I think that maybe you're making a bigger deal about the lux boxes than there really is. The boxes are there for one reason- so that corps can sweet talk their clients, kiss a good amount of ass and drum up new/future business. Most folks in those boxes are NOT football fans, or enough of a fan where sight lines and proximity to the field are a big issue. In most cases, folks are doing things in the following order- 1) Bullshitting, 2) Drinking, 3) Eating, 4) Noting how great it is that they have their own private bathroom and waiter, 5) Watching the game- this rings true for not only football but any other sport as well.

8. Section 227. Row 5

My God, I think you've nailed it. Seriously, here I am thinking this is about football, and it's not. The assholes in those boxes could care less about the view and more about how close they are to the bar and large-screen TVs.

"Hey Charlie, what's the score?"

"The score? Hahahahaaa.... Who cares? You know the Same Old Jets are gonna lose anyway. Hey, did I show you these pictures of our new lawnmower product line?"

This gets sicker....

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

It matters to me because I currently sit the upper deck row 9, and pay $80 a game.In 2010 I am gonna sit much higher up and pay $105 per game and increase of $25 x 10 games plus my seats locations gets worse.

10. championjets69

Simple solution upgrade buy a PSL which is what Woody thought about from day 1 of the inception of the new stadium. Those of us lucky enough that want to continue going to the games & not take a PSL should actually be thanking Woody for made the UD PSL free

11. 17a_tailgater

I WOULD HAVE PAID A $1000 SO MY GRANDKIDS CAN HAVE THE TICKETS IN THEIR NAME.

INSTEAD IT HAS GONE FROM MY DAD TO ME TO MY OLDEST SON.THAT IS WHERE THE FAMILY TICKET LINE STOPS B/C OF A MEASELY $1000

12. championjets69

It is what it is. We transferred the tix to my youngest grandson (2 years old) so they will be the family for many years to come. The trouble is cheapest PSL is 4Gs & the choice between paying a PSL & free we chose free. If it bothers U so much maybe it would be worth it for U to take the cheapest PSLs

13. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

Just for the record, this post has also helped me confirm that my family (12 season tickets since the Jets first season) will not be renewing our season tickets for the 2010 season. They basically are forcing us to move from row 22 on the 35 yard line lower tier to out of the stadium. Our seniority got messed up when we transferred control from my uncle to my dad. That's not considered direct family by the Jets. So our seniority is only 1996. So, it'll be ebay for a few games a year, and my basement for the rest of the games. At least HDTV lessens the blow.

Goodbye Jets.

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I would think when they designed this stadium they said to hell with every single current ticket holder we have. They didn't really care if any of you signed up or came back or not. At the time they probably felt there were plenty of people to take your place and the only people who could possible bitch were those that were there before. Well, if all of you were gone who was going to bitch? To everyone else it would all be a new experience and they would have nothing to compare it to. That is why the PSLs are so high and the tickets are so high, they didn't expect you back anyway.

What they DIDN'T count on was the current economy.

15. Section 227. Row 5

Let me get this straight...

You want Leon Hess, who never gave us a SB but who kept the ticket prices well in line and quite affordable, to "burn in hell."

Yet you want Woody Johnson, who also never gave us a SB but who drove 90% of his loyal fan base, who supported the franchise rain or shine, out of the stadium altogether, and he should get a "Thank You?"

I'm trying desperately to figure this one out Champ....

16. 17a_tailgater

the design was
    1) create PSL's = $$$$
    2) wider concourses for more concession stands and souvinour shops = $$$
    3) regulate tailgating by offering rentable areas with grill and food to buy from the jets =$$$
    4) who cares who pays as long as they get$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

17. championjets69

No just saying that 27,000 folk who want to go to game can continue to do so due to no PSLs in the UD.

Anyone complaining about that fact can always step up to the PSL line to upgrade there seat situation from the UD to the mezz or LD. The choice is there & I am sure Woody does not care 1 lick if U choose the UD option & are shutout even having been a season tix holder 20 years or so.

18. championjets69

Yes that is the correct equation

19. 17a_tailgater

stepping up and paying money is not the complete issue.
    IT'S STEPPING UP AND PAYING A SHITLOAD OF MONEY
    AND TO QUOTE ONE OF MY FAVORITE LINES FROM SPACEBALLS..
    "WHERE NOT DOING IT FOR THE MONEY,WHERE DOING IT FOR A SHIT LOAD OF MONEY!!!!!"

20. championjets69

OK I accept a shitload of money. However, if you do not want to transfer that $hitload of money from U to the NYJs they U take next best option (UD no PSLs) & go & enjoy the experience to the best of ur experience