17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

This statement is amazing when you think about it.

Everybody flash back 4 years and remember when you heard that we would have a brand new stadium that seated approximately the same number of fans. Given that all the seats were sold in the old stadium and there was even a waiting list, could you ever imagine they would not be albe to sell this thing out in a heartbeat?

I mean, what is wrong with this picture, seriously. You start out with a sold out fanbase who are happy as hell where they are, you build a new joint stadium (to supposedly keep the costs down) and now you have not sold the thing out yet and it's doubtful you will IN OUR LIFETIME!

Who is responsible for this? This is a story that should be on the nightly news! Incredible! You have happy campers who love their seats enough to renew every year, and then you build them a new place and they run like there's no tomorrow. Something drastically wrong with this picture.

When I think of all the guys I knew in my section that loved going to the games and had ZERO gripes... paid every year on time... went to all the games... it's a God Damn sin what they've done to the fanbase. Lied to them, screwed them over, overcharged them, made them cast-outs in an Orange Parking Class Warfare, jerked them around with lousy seats while giving newbies preference. I mean, it's just awful what they've done to their fans. This is why I don't understand how the media hasn't gotten involved with this long ago... interviews with guys who were fucked around, etc. I know for sure I could have given them an earful!

2. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

There used to be a waiting list..............not anymore they cant give tickets away.

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

If that e mail was not so sad it would be funny ! What a joke,,,,,the stadium is brand new and they cannot give the tickets away,,,,maybe I should dig up some old posts of guys telling us how all the seats were sold or The Jets quotes about all the seats being sold ,,,,or " it's going well " .The lies ,lies ,lies just piled up with all their other bs piled on top. On top of all this the jets still share a stadium with an organization that they detest,,,,simply amazing ! Knock it down and start from. Scratch

4. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Agreed knock it down and allow the real fans back in who supported this team when they moved from Shea Stadium, not the new and improved corporate geeks who dont care who wins or loses. HELL YEAH!!!!! :beer:

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Got my e-mail, tickets should be here 8/8/12. Its like Xmas morning

6. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

[​IMG]

7. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Glad to read the excitement in your post. I still am happy opening them, but the excitement level isn't nearly what it used to be for me. It used to be a big deal to see what the theme of the graphics on the tickets was. They were usually pretty decent, but for a couple of years not long ago (Herm regime) the tickets were horrible looking. Really bad. They've been good lately.

Hope the fridge schedule magnet is cool looking. I ought to scan some of my old ones. they're all on my fridge. I liked 1995. It was a big football graphic. Anyone else have a collection? I guess I have about 17 of them now.

Think the tickets will come in that ridiculously expensive box, where you can display one ticket on that easel thing? (Like they did in 2010) I don't think so.

8. LogeSection2RowJ

Amazing. Absolutely amazing. For years when I told people I had Jets season tickets, they were impressed. "how did you get those, inheritance?" Nope, I happened to go to the last game of the last year they weren't sold out, and saw a note flashed on the scoreboard at Shea, and called them up during the next week. "wow, don't ever give those up"

That conversation certainly wasn't very recently.

It cracked me up that it's Hess gas cards they are rewarding referrals with. How Ironic!

9. JetsSec337Lot13B

The problem is every stadium in the tri-state area is having issues selling out. Everyone was so concerned with building for corporate and in this recession they're not buying tickets. The regulars who come each week are pissed since their game day experience has been compromised.

Also every major sports team (minus the Islanders) has either gotten a new stadium or had their current stadium undergo renovations (Yankees, Mets, Giants, Jets, Devils, Rangers, Knicks) No one says oh I need to see the new stadium because there's 4 new ones built and 1 renovated in the past 5 years.

Also stubhub has changed things quite a bit. With e-tickets people can sell right up to 2 hours before game time and prices on occasion will skyrocket the night before a game but usually they plunge big time so everyone holds out for that.

10. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

When this process started people were paying to hop on someone's seniority fearing they would be shut out. I know people who paid $7k to sit in the $4k seats. A few months into it was when the picture started to become clear and it was realized the place wasn't selling out. You'd hear people who had just been put on the waiting list were getting phone calls. Then it was "wait...they blew through all of the STH's AND the 15,000 on the waiting list and there were STILL plenty of seats??"

11. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

MHO is that the 2 most major things that made this come to pass is the advent of HD big screen TV & the fans are now not buying the NYJs off season hype & know the team is a average to below average team & will not again compete for the SB this year :sad:

12. championjets69

Waiting list? Ha-ha that went away before we ever played out 1st game in the new stadium:sad:

13. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i agree on the 1st one of HD TV but the 2nd would be lower on my list.2nd would be the price increase 3rd would be height of uppers. people from the lower weren't paying the same price in fix that they paid for lower level sidelines to side 18 stories higher.

14. LogeSection2RowJ

Let's face it - the StubHub era has made is much easier for the 'casual' fan to go to a game or two or three each season, when for years and years in order to go to say, half the games you'd need to own season tickets. People would buy season tickets, and split them up.

These days you really don't have to do that, even if the place is sold out. This is particularly the case for the Jets more so than the Giants. Jets tickets have always been available if you looked hard enough. Now it's quite easy to look.

15. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Lets all face it the economy has certainly played its part in all this too. Baby boomers kids grew up and with that comes automobiles,car insurance and college.

#15415 GMCJETS, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Your HO is mainly useless, but your first point is correct.

17. championjets69

The economy has not affected the NYGs now has it? :sad:

18. championjets69

Yes but it seems the NYGs are unaffected by what U said :sad:

19. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

if the uppers did have psl's do u think rows 20 and higher would have season tix holders for the giants???

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

price increase was HUGE.... 75 bucks to 400 with a 7500 psl for mezz sideline seats is a big wow.

the fact that they jerked everyone off has really left a bad taste in peoples mouths. i think that is what will keep them away. they will try to price them correctly but will never be able to do it as it will make them look like complete douchebags to do it. they cant lower the upper deck either but i think the biggest thing that will keep people away is they just cant stand how much of cocksuckers the jets have been through this entire process.

hey abyzmul you are alive!!