17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

no.........

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

F*&king SHILL does he really belong here :wink:

Logesection---I hear you when the weather is bad ( rain ) it was downright horrible up there .

cbg < -----" no longer on sg3 's permanent ignore list because sg3 is once again banned for 7 days "

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

oh by the way great move going into partnership with the Giants on this new stadium----hows that working out for us UGH:drunk:

cbg < -----" no longer on sg3 's permanent ignore list because sg3 is once again banned for 7 days "

4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Atlanta and Florida are the worst pro sports states in this country. Comparing NY with Ga. is not a fair comparion. I mean at the time, the Falcons had zero positive history. Not that I don't applaud him for doing it, smart thinking but no NY team is gonna reduce ticket prices unless you suck for a couple of years and people stop coming. If we go 4-12 two years in a row, then he might have to pull a Met. The fact that Woody already decided 2 weeks after our season ended tells you all you need to know. The Jets are dialed into what's going on, that's why Rex and Tanny are under the gun. Another crappy season and those guys are one season away from being fired. No way Woody reduces ticket prices, he will just clean house to take the heat off the ticket price situation. And If he does, it will be the last 10 rows in the UD end zone.

#13184 sec314, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  5. Section 227. Row 5

I don't follow and don't quite understand the point. But be that as it may, 8-8 is not a "crappy season" to some people, but to New Yorkers, it sure as hell is. In fact, it's a freaking disaster given the fact that everyone was sold a bill of goods that said we are playoff contenders, that we're going to "kick ass," and that we're going to the SuperBowl. We spent a fortune bringing in people like Holmes and others and signed Plaxico to surround El Guapo with supposed beaucoup talent, to no avail. 8 and 8.

So.... I say the last 10 Rows of the EZ are gone already. You can probably go up there and take an impact gun and unbolt the seats by the lag bolts that secure them to the concrete mollies on the platforms, and no one would care because they sure as hell will not be sold to anyone. Turn this area into... well... I don't know... a "standing room only" platform for future use should we ever return to greatness after securing a QB that actually completes first downs, or make it into a huge planter box or something for "area beautification" for future photos. It sure as hell will not be occupied if you are not willing to reduce prices, period. No way, no how. Oh wait, I forgot... the Giants will need those seats. Hold off on the impact gun.

Other areas of jeopardy include the corners, last 10 rows also. No man's land. No one in their right minds is going to commit in 2012 to any of those seats... not with having to pay for worthless Preseasons as well. No way Jose.

So yeah... my contention is, it doesn't matter about Sparano or firing Rex or Tanny (that ain't happening anytime soon). It's about promises made that temporarily bouyed ticket prices... statements made that elevated every stock broker's hopes that maybe this is the time... time to "invest" 40 big ones in some PSLs... a chance to buy into the "other" NY team, the one that will go to the SB and leave the Giants only hoping to return to the SB... that team... the one led by the guy who claims he's got the right mix now. That other team that is now 8-8 and watching Eli on TV. That team.

And this is the decision that many will face this spring. Do I write another check... yet ONE MORE, for this shit again? And if I do, do I REALLY want to sit in Row 22? No... wait a minute. Give me Row One Prime and no PSL or I fucking walk.

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

227 if it was not so funny it would be sad lag bolts n all------ you know how I feel about this mess-----good luck and as usual let us know how this goes.

7. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

I have a couple of things i am wondering maybe someone can help me out or i will call the jets.

1 ) my dad has giants psl in lower corner edzone 5000 each and has 2. For the superbowl lottery he was not chosen but anyone with club psls were given the option to buy superbowl tickets at face value. Looking at ig now he would have been better off buying mezz club to have an option to buy superbowl tickets. I thinks its dumb and if that is the case for the jets as well i am going to be pissed and get rid of my 8 llez psl.

2) i noticed the great psl aftermarket site on the giants website. I didnt know if there were fees but why dont the jets do something like this? Even if they put some seats they still have for sale.

Does anyone know anything on how it would work for jets?

8. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

You nailed that one buddy. Its the same over exaggeration of the virtues of the stadium that's made me a rebel. I hate the over-promise under-deliver trend. Though I will say that I'm not angry about the 8-8 record, just because as you mentioned I've seen plenty worse in my time. I didn't buy the fact that they were on the brink of domination. These days you don't have to be to reach "The Big Game", but you do have to have a TEAM that gets their shit together at the right time and we all thought we had that.

The fact that we don't and the Giants do is embarrassing for most of us in the NY area. At least it should be. I embraced the Giants against the Pats the last time it happened. It's much harder to do that this time. Can't believe there'll probably be ANOTHER parade in NY for teams I don't root for.

9. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

The Jets won't create one until they are sold out themselves (which they are not despite what some people think/say). If they did, it would just create competition for themselves. How can they sell their $10k PSL to someone when a person who already purchased one is selling it for $7k-$8k or even less?

Otherwise they would have created it and charged sellers/buyers a fee of 5-10%. You'll know when they are sold out...that's when you'll see that option on their site. The Giants are doing it because they are virtually sold out.

10. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

(1) The Jets got alot less in naming rights and have to split it 50-50 with the Giants.

(2) No PSL's for 1/3rd of the Stadium and reduced prices elsewhere.

(3) Higher costs for MetLife Stadium

Add it all up and the Jets cashflow is probably $20 MM less per year than Woody J. thought 5-6 years ago before the recession hit.

11. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

The NYJs will have to do what the Jags did cover up the undesireable seats so that they have fewer tix to sell thus guaranteeing them a sell out so they can TV there games :sad:

12. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

This is my exact post while reading jersey boys post.

13. Section 227. Row 5

Yes, that about nails it. The Jets can't do it.

This would be like a builder who built multiple condo units trying to sell the remaining unsold units for $495K while also allowing people who bought at the presale price to sell theirs for $400K. It ain't gonna fly.

This is truly an embarrassing situation the Jets are in. I've rooted for this team for all of my adult life and still can't get rid of the embarrassing situations and living in the constant shadow of the NY Giants.

I will root for the Giants in the SB only b/c I despise the Brady Bunch so, but it still doesn't make me feel good. The only way to fix all this is to put a winning team on the field. That fixes a lot of things, believe me.

I'm just concerned now that we've drafted a Commiefornia, warm-weather cheerleader instead of an honest-to-goodness QB who can get the job done, and we're stuck with him but good now until such time as we wake up and realize we need a change there. Having Sparano instead of Schotty may help, but you still need somebody back there who reads better and improvises on the fly more. El Guapo is running out of time to prove he's our guy.

Meantime, the ticket sales tell the story. And this is only the tip of the iceberg. I am predicting major defections in the UD this year; more embarassment to come as the Jets have to advertise more "military discounts" and the like this spring.

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Next year year /this Spring is going to be a train wreck as far as season ticket holders and the Jet reps go . They will make a gazzilion calls trying to fill upper seats because as you guys said their will be a mass exodus up there this year. As far as the psl's that were unsold and now the defaults and others running from those "cockamammy" psl's as if they were head lice,,,thats another nitmare :wink:
    You guys are lucky the Shill is not around to respond to your posts---his head is probably exploding while sitting at his computer reading this stuff but unable to reply and put his rah rah spin on all of it due to his being banned " again " . I am sure he will make up for lost time when his timeout does indeed end :wink:
    I cannot see them covering uppers with tarps alla Jacksonville but would that not be the ultimate shame ? Maybe the Jets can get cutouts or manicans and prop them up there :grin:

15. Section 227. Row 5

sg3 will be back as sure as Santa Claus.

I've never been quite sure of what his agenda is here, but it smacks suspiciously like the ticket office has planted someone here to counter our truthful, first-hand-encounter posts about what we've actually experienced here at the stadium.

And it's like somebody planted a guy to spin optimism no matter what, in the face of the real attendees who go there week after week and experience the PITA horror of dealing with the parking, escalators and Men's Rooms.

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

227 ,,I don't believe that sg3 is the "only " shill but he sure is one of them. I know guys that have gone to games since Shea ----hell I went to Shea but I did not have Jet tix in my name back then ---again I stray:wink:---and no one I know that has season tix,, be them PSL's --uppers ,,,,mezz,,anywhere ,no one LUVS the new stadium and just about all of them hate the whole situation.
    I know SO many people who gave up their tickets BEFORE even trying the new place and most had excellent seats or were long long time JET season ticket holders,,,,now I am just one of "them" but I at least tried the new place before walking,,,zero regrets .Sg3 could be a guy that works for the Jets or he might just be bitter about the " bad investment " he made ? Maybe he feels if he keeps telling us/ me how great things are in Jetvillle and with the Met Life that it might actually come true . Either way it does not matter as the say there are two sides to every arguement,,,theres sg3/ the shills version and then of course there is THE TRUTH :)

17. Section 227. Row 5

There is no question that this thread, started by 17a, has been THE most authoritative, informative, truthful and up-to-date source of information on the rumors of the end of the old stadium, the early plans for the new stadium, the eventual demolition of Giants Stadium, the subsequent construction plans and relocation of the new stadium, and the eventual construction of the new stadium as we have it today, with all of its flaws and positives.

This thread, and this thread alone, throughout all of Jetsdome, recorded for all of posterity the elatededness and despair of the building of this stadium and the ultimate selling of the PSLs and all that that brought. It records for all time the impact on the individual Jets fan as well as those with businesses that chose to buy into the program. It records the oldtimer consternations ane the new, younger people willing to move into the old spots. This thread is a journal to what has happened to the Jets' season ticketholder from 2008 untill 2012.

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

227 they could make a movie based off of this thread.

i actually miss the other side that sg3 has brought to the topic over the last few months. there have been a number who have felt good about the new stadium, they just dont seem to have the fervor to post too often about it. i almost want to throw a post up in the jets forum asking people who have positives to say to come on in here and let us know what they are... im sure there are many that dont even realize this thread exists anymore.

i know i havent come to this site in the last few years without checking this thread. it is the one constant on the board and has been tremendous so far as information and drama go.

hopefully it will be around for some time and we can see how things turn out and talk about it here.

i want so bad to see gordon geckos spreadsheet through a season that i might even say fuck it and try to do it myself. we will see if it happens though.

19. sg3

sg3 Banned

oh by the way, turns out I was banned in error.

you want to talk, 227 --- anytime. After all, you are one of the good people around here.

As for that ahole, Annette the retarded Mouseketeer, she remains perma ignored forever

20. sg3

sg3 Banned

keep us up to date, alleycat on your quest for non-upper deck seating.

I hope you can pull it off

and on that subject --- have they relocated any Upper Tiers in crappy rows to prime or lower than row 10 yet? That's step one of the three step plan, after all. While it doesn't solve ALL the residual upper tier problems posters have expressed here (escalation, access, toilets, concourses etc), it solves the worst of those problems -- crappy views requiring binoculars

Hopefully, anybody in the upper half of the upper tier and anybody in the awful endzone can get themselves relocated to lower 10 rows sidelines before the 12 season starts

#13200 sg3, Jan 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012