17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I'd imagine as years go by, PSL seat owners selling tickets might be less inclined to look for PSL compensation money back when fixing a game ticket selling price.

However, I guess that might be the case more so for those who've already paid them off. The 15 year financer is still making payments, so it would still be a factor for him.

#13101 LogeSection2RowJ, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  2. sg3

sg3 Banned

I don't think that the reason good seats at Jet Life sell for way above face value is a direct variable of STHs trying to get a premium to compensate for their PSL costs. I think it is more just a factor of those seats being amongst the best seats in the new stadium and the traffic at stubhub is willing to pay a game day premium to sit in them. I sold my Bills game tickets for 275 per which I thought I'd never get. I was also even able to unload my preseasons and got back about 50 percent of face value for the two games

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Sg3--- ----there you go posting BS again. If you want me to repost what I wrote I can do that but if you want to quote me please , at least make a half hearted attempt to be honest and don't post absolute bullshit.

you replied to my post and wrote this-->--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my apologies.... I thought when you said you had sat in GREAT PSL seats without paying a PSL, you meant sideline lower level which would be GREAT PSL seats...

but, now that you have revealed that the BEST great seats you sat in were in 146 deep in the corner of the endzone, I agree -- MEDIOCRE PSL seats with 4K PSLs, I agree, you didn't pay nearly as much as I estimated in my analysis

I said that those seats in 146 were THE WORST I sat in all year . I actually paid above face value for them but as I said it was the Patriot game and there were circumstances so I bit the bullet and bought them.. I paid $168 for those tickets , they were $125 seats so I paid more ,in retro I could have done much better--live and learn-- no biggie .

I saw how someone posted the other day that there were PSL seats for sale in section 109 ,, row 20 or somewhere near that row,,, you were all over that and wrote that those were a "great deal " especially that the actually psl on those 4 was 30 grand and someone was selling them for 7 grand ,,,,,,,,,,,,,okay now that I stopped giggling I can tell you that I also sat in section 143---same exact seats as your " GREAT DEAL " ---just the opposite side of the field,, I sat in the 4th row -seats co$t $130 I took a beating and paid $135 each for the 4 of them and again NO PSL HERE ,,,,:lol:,,okay had to giggle again sorry .
    Those are not the only 2 sections I sat in --as I said there is life after owning season tickets :)

#13103 CBG, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  4. sg3

sg3 Banned

perma ignore continues

thank god for it

5. JetsSec337Lot13B

Anyone get the Jets survey today?

6. sg3

sg3 Banned

none received by yours truly

7. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I got mine and filled it out immediately. Let's see if they contact me about it...

You'd expect me to rip them a new one based on things I've written here, but I think I was fair. They now know what my complaints are, but I kept the comments short and sweet (unlike here :))

Basically they ask you to rate the experience, and ask how likely/unlikely you are to continue as a season ticket holder. They also want to know if the "improvements" in the 300 level made between 2010 and 2011 at the stadium were noticeable and made a difference (EZ canopies, "express" stairs, $3 concession items, expanded restrooms etc) I listed the yellow parking access and the removal of the designated "his and her" security lines as the two positives from '10 to '11 that I noticed this year. I was able to ask for more room around the escalators and the addition of some elevators to the 3rd level (pipe dream)

Seems to me they are concerned going forward, and might be using the results of the survey to possible gauge the effects a possible ticket increase. That's just my speculation. That isn't addressed in the survey, but there are questions concerning the value of what we pay compared to what we get in return.

I suppose for a 32 year guy like myself giving a "so-so" response to a prediction to remaining a season ticket holder has to be an eye-opener. About the bitchiest suggestion I made was that they and the Giants (don't forget they're guilty too) sue the architect over the design of the ingress/egress of what's involved to get in and out of the 300 level. I also reminded them that one should not get soaked while riding an escalator, and also that Yankee and Citi Field both offer elevator service within the stadium to the average fan while this one does not, yet is far taller.

Maybe I did rip 'em a new one, but I did it nicely.

Thanks to this thread in general and CBG in particular, I let them know that I thought I might get better "value" buying on the secondary market and bypassing preseason games and attending 7 to 8 times a year rather than 10.

8. no psls

no psls Banned

I think only three hundred level season ticket holders got the survey

9. sg3

sg3 Banned

hopefully the results will result in further improvements for the Uppers

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Simply amazing ----this ------> the place is only 2 years old and they need to make improvements :breakdance:

11. sg3

sg3 Banned

CBJ

This message is hidden because CBJ is permanently and forever on your ignore list.

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Here sg3 I posted this again so you could ignore it again :lol:

13. sg3

sg3 Banned

CBJ

This message is hidden because CBJ is permanently and forever on your ignore list.

14. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i wonder if i am on ignore as well. you know you want to read it sg3 :) fight the temptation!!!!

15. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

sg3 = row1jetsfan right?

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Gordon I believe someone posted that row1jetfan was "jetgirl" but I could be wrong.

Alleycat -----neither of us is on ignore :beer:
    That guy just has selective replies----.> when he feels like posting lies or untruths he does and when gets called out on his BS he disappears quicker than David Blaine :)

#13116 CBG, Jan 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  17. sg3

sg3 Banned

no reason for you to be on ignore alleycat

you are a good guy IMO not a disgrace who deserves permanent forever ignore

the only one who deserves perma ignore is on it -- the guy who claimed to save billions by not renewing his season tickets but, upon further review, it turned out he paid MORE per ticket to go to FIVE games than season ticket holders do to go to twice as many and only saved any money at all by apparently telling his family they were no longer welcome to attend games with him.

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Sg3 ,enjoy the LONG LONG LONG term " investment " you made on those psl's ,,,best of luck with making some ca$h on that :lol:

This guy sg3 probably would have told us how great management was doing and what a great thing PSL's were during the Kotite years :)

Please ignore me sg3----in fact Thank You :beer:

Theres just one thing -- I just can't help but wonder what type of deal you think I got on those seats in 143 ? I mean if 30 grand or even 7 grand on top of the ticket price ($130 ) was a "great deal " as you said on seats in section 109 row 20---I guess I should do cart wheels and hand stands for not paying anything except ($135 ) five dollars above face in 143 row 4 and again no psl here :lol: . There is life after owning Jet season tickets folks . Enjoy the weekend all .

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Thanks for the props Section2rowj :beer: There are many guys who have contributed to this thread and I thank them all. I agonized over giving them up---I took seats for one year in the new place,,,,in retro I should have given them up before even going to games in the new place--we all really did not enjoy it. There is life after owning season tickets----I have honestly not looked back one single time with a regret, in fact I am so happy I gave them up :)

20. JetsSec337Lot13B

I ripped them too. Not sure if I was as nice as you. I stated I will not renew unless I'm upgraded and how they screwed me on that last year. I also went on to tell them how I think the tickets in the upper deck are waaaay over priced. I said prices should have been reduced in the new stadium for the inconveniences we now have and that many people around me are not season ticket holders and instead people who buy tickets on stubhub for $55 and no preseason. I said preseason should be eliminated and prices reduced for the inconvenience factor. I also said I wasn't sure if I would renew again on the questionaire and that there is 0 value in having season tickets and 0 chance I would recommend season tickets to a friend.

I said the yellow parking and 5 extra urinals they put in the bathroom were the improvements I noticed. I also said that instead of express staircases for upper deckers only they should do an express escalator for us. I said security needs to be improved since many people around me aren't season ticket holders they are rude and inconsiderate and it's ridiculous that opposing team fans are allowed to taunt us.

I told them to contact me but if they will who knows.