17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Sorry I do not buy your theory. I was way, way down on the totem pole due to what I mentioned earlier. I think if my memory holds up we choose in week 3 or 4 of the selection process. At the time of my time choosing they told me they had 2 blocks of 4 seats each on different sides but that they FR UD 1st row which naturally I snatched up.

I think you may also not be realizing my seniority if they would have done it by year of your STs I would have picked either 1st or 2nd day which would have gotten more primo seats then I wound up with since I had heard between 60 & 65 there was 1,000 STHers so why you may feel Woody did not give me the royal shaft when in really he really truly did :sad:

#12901 championjets69, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  2. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Atta boy!!! It's my identity too. But, there is a chance I change and go the game-by game route but i expect to attend them all anyway.

I may still be wearing the rose colored glasses but it bugs me to actually hear Rex speak, then see how his words lead these news stories. He's remaining consistent in his belief that his team is best. He's even stated why he does it to keep his confidence high and wants the players to feel the same way. He explained it to Francesca on his show at Jets camp, and Francesca basically laughed at him. He doesn't demean opponents other than the Brady wisecracks. None of us mind those.

I don't construe it as "trash talk" not in the least. It's pissing me off, actually.

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Merry Xmas to all of you-and SHILL Happy Festivas !-----------now I will say it again----> there is indeed life after giving up your season tickets ! I have ZERO regrets---none--nil--nada. I understand where you guys are at because I was in the exact same place. Give em up don't look back----you can still attend EVERY single game and what about preseason you ask ? I did not go to any preseason but you can get those tickets for practically nothing on stubhub or the web. We went to 6 games, I could have gone to ALL OF THEM if not for the nite nonsense and family commitments----so take it from me there is indeed life after giving them up!! Enjoy the holidays all.

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I'm not going to attempt to respond since I'm not really sure of what I am reading. At any rate, I think we can agree that Woody screwed people or something like that and in any event, Merry Christmas to you too and a very Happy New Year.

5. Section 227. Row 5

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Lots of Blue on my TV especially in the endzones----my buddies are at the game and say there might be more Giant fans than Jets-----simply amazin

7. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

There wasn't. Not even close. My guess would be 20% Giants fans. 25% max.

Those that were there left pretty happy, chanting "Gi -Ants-Sta-Dium" in Yankee format.

Tough to take, but who can blame them?

8. Section 227. Row 5

Front page of today's Star Ledger Sports Section has a huge pic of Jabobs in Rex Ryan's face yelling, "Time to shut up, Fat Boy."

It's going to make me very unpopular around here, but I've got to say this: It's about time somebody told Ryan to fuck off. Somebody was bound to tell him this. Now it just so happens to be a Giant and thi sis quite embarrassing. I feel totally embarrased and humiliated as a Jets fan.

It's time to STFU already about "We'll kick your ass" and "We're goin' to the SB." Enough already. Ryan needs to win some fucking games and let the wins do the talking. Ridiculous. Now we're the laughing stock of the entire NFL. How fucking embarrassing.

STFU Ryan.

9. sg3

sg3 Banned

you are the embarrassment, not Rex

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Feliz Navidad Shill :breakdance:

Merry Xmas 227 and the rest .:beer:

I hate to say it ---but if guys like Rex want to talk shit and then they don't back it up ,,,then skells like Rolle and Jacobs can say whatever they want .You can say "I would play em again rite now " but you had your shot and you blew it !The Giant organization , players and fans can have the last laugh that comes with winning yesterday,,and if Woody or Rex or Tanny or the Jets or any of us don't like it then we should have backed up all our bluster and showed some balls and won yesterday.
    Give Coughlin his props he said all the rite things before the game " we will see come Saturday at 1 pm " "the game is played on the field " DING DING DING we have a winner! There is an old saying " talk is cheap "

In keeping with this thread if Rex wants to talk crap and backs it up so be it, but if he wants to talk smack or nonsense (Much like the SHILL and his fairy tales regarding the Met Life Stadium and PSL's ) then they both have to swallow hard and take their medicine.

Also in keeping with this thread----was anyone else there yesterday that cares to chime in on how many Giant fans were there ? One guy posted about 20 to 25 percent of the place but my buddies are still telling me there were many more-----> anyone care to add :)

11. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

I would agree that there was a large number of giant fans scattered throughout..however, I would also agree that it was 75/25.

12. Section 227. Row 5

I'm not the one shooting my mouth off, talking the talk and not walking the walk.

Hey wait a minute... come to think of it... that's what you do. Talk the talk and don't walk the walk. Threaten to quit the board 50,000 times and then return 5 minutes later. No wonder you condone Rex shooting his mouth off.

13. sg3

sg3 Banned

more blah blah blah blah blah from Jet hating Lieutenant Schiesskopf

#12913 sg3, Dec 26, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  14. Section 227. Row 5

That's 1LT Schiestkopf to you.

And for God's sake, don't call me Sir. My parents were married!

15. sg3

sg3 Banned

oh btw, SIR, Merry Christmas

16. Section 227. Row 5

Same to you. Now, if we can dispense with the personal attacks and just stick to the topic of the new stadium, I'd really appreciate that. I don't come here to spar or engage in mental masturbation. Our record is bad enough and our season is all but over. It's disappointing enough that none of us are going to see a home field playoff game AGAIN this year, so let's just talk about the issues, however we may disagree. The amenities and/or deficiencies in the new stadium have nothing whatsoever to do with peoples' personal lives or personalities or certainly where they choose to take their families on vacation. Don't you agree, PFC sG3?

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

227 --once again I give you props, you are a better man than me :beer:

To actually try and engage " THE SHILL " in a conversation after all his personal attacks on you alone ( oh yes there have been far too many to count ) , 227 I give you credit for trying. :beer:

Now back on topic---I guess anyone who was worried that by giving up their season tickets last year they would have no shot at tickets for a home playoff game can rest easy as there is not only NO HOME PLAYOFF but unless God interviens NO PLAYOFFS at all :sad:

if there were games of meaning rest easy as the tickets would be easily available all over the internet. As I said many times ifanyone is worried that if they give up season tickets they will no longer be able to go--Rest Easy I went to 6 games and could have gone to all had I chosen to. I saved lot$ of ca$h , (no preseason games for me ) and sat where I wanted,no psl here either :lol:
    enjoy the day all and start praying for miracles I mean not only do we need other teams to lose but we need far greater help that our own team grows some heart and balls , wins a game and backs up how their coach and fans feel about them----ah I can dream can't I

18. sg3

sg3 Banned

it's a deal, 227

from now on, let's stay on topic and can the name calling and insults in the spirit of the joyous holiday season

Deal?

#12918 sg3, Dec 26, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  19. Section 227. Row 5

Deal, but don't call me Sir. I work for a living. LOL

Seriously, you sound like you have a thing for officers, but you probably would have liked me as a 2nd or 1st Louie. I went thru basic and AIT just like you and then went to OCS... got my commission the hard way.

Some of the best field officers in Vietnam were OCS guys... NOT ROTSY or West Point. Reason is, they were enlisted before they were officers. Makes a huge difference when you've got to pull KP and all the other bullshit as a Private E-1. And 6 months of OCS was no picnic. We started out with 118 guys in my class and only 79 of us graduated. They work the hell out of you... most physically, and the ones who can't take it get washed out.

The field grade officers I was around in the infantry in 'Nam.. the best ones were OCS guys. And Airborne. I'm very proud of my jump wings and CIB and Bronze Star. And BTW, I was no lifer pig. I saw enough and had enough after my tour in '69 to tell them to shove it. They wanted me to extend and they'd make me a CPT, and I told them no fucking way. Let me the fuck out, I'm goin' back to the Real World.

Came back and started going to Jets games. That was 1970.

20. Section 227. Row 5

Yeah, this pisses me off. And this is why I'm so pissed at Rex for all the talk, talk, talk. And everyone who is a STHer should be pissed too. We had all the hype about this was going to be the year... Sanchez is finally ready to settle down, Holmes comes back and then we sign Plaxico and man, what an air show we're going to put on! And with Greene and LT, and the TEs, holy God, our offense will be unstoppable.

Then we have to sit and watch this mediocre, impotent, unable to convert on 3rd down offense take the field week after week and stink up the field. Schotty's to blame too. We get a team who has a weakness against the run and we fucking decide to pass the ball. Vice versa and we fucking run it all day up the middle with no success and no 1st downs.

Not only do we not get to see a playoff game in our own stadium, we probably won't even get to see the Jets at all in the POs. I don't even know if we can beat Miami this Sunday! Those guys gave the Patriots a real hard way to go, and if they do that to us and get the score up on us, then we have to go with Sanchez in the air again and WTF... here we go again with the inconsistent throws and lack of ball security.

El Guapo seems to be a mechanic. Strictly by the playbook. You get him out of rythm and introduce a little wrinkle for him and he doesn't do well on the fly. He's the antithesis of Tim Tebow. ANd the trouble is, I don't know if we can fucking bring that out in him... I don't know if he's made to improvise. If he doesn;t have perfection on the O-Line, he's in trouble. This is why the cat's out of the bag with teams who know if they get up on us, like the Eagles did, we're fucked.

All I know is my season tickets are freaking worthless and I'm paying through the nose for expensive seats with Preseasons bundled in, and my patience is wearing thin because the product on the field ain't so hot.