17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

This Sunday night will be the test if the new place is harder to make noise then the old place. I am sure people will be just as pumped or more then the 2009 Pats home game which was the loudest Jet game I ever went to.

2. sg3

sg3 Banned

anybody else going to see Mike and Mike tomorrow in the Coaches Club?

3. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

got the invite but i cant make it.
    free breakfast damn

4. sg3

sg3 Banned

pics from the Mike and Mike 11/11 event at Jet Life

[​IMG]

Mike T

[​IMG]

on the field - endzone

[​IMG]

NYJ Locker room

[​IMG]

old geezer at the 50 YL

[​IMG]

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

SHILL :rofl:

6. sg3

sg3 Banned

please stop your personal attacks

thank you

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

You should go get yourself a nice jersey @ the Jetshop and maybe they can print the name "SHILL " on the back above the # for you ?
    ps are you one person posting under that name or several :up:

8. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

nice pics i wanted to go but im at work.

9. sg3

sg3 Banned

#12709 sg3, Nov 11, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  10. sg3

sg3 Banned

personal attack reported

11. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Maybe you should report this one too.

12. Section 227. Row 5

Here's another one that should be reported. The board is littered with them. Who is doing all this personal attacking?

I totally agree. Whoever is responsible for this sort of thing needs to be repremanded!

Oh wait... it was you.

13. sg3

sg3 Banned

both problems solved the easy way

#12713 sg3, Nov 11, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Most importantly, what kind of breakfast did they serve?

15. sg3

sg3 Banned

bagels, cream cheese (including green colored cream cheese) butter, coffee, tea, decaf

meh but it was free

the plusses

access to the field and the jet locker room

live interview with Tannenbaum who stayed and signed

chance to try a field goal, punt or pass for those who wished

free giveaways from ESPN including tix for Army-Rutgers tomorrow at YS

minuses

Rex interview only by phone

the breakfast choices

too much show time wasted on Joeper Turnah

16. Section 227. Row 5

Improvements in Entry and Exit

Did everyone receive this email just now from the Jets?

Dear XXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX,

With four undefeated home games down and a true home field advantage, we are excited to embark upon the second half of the season with you at MetLife Stadium. We thank you for your continued feedback and are always looking to improve your gameday experience. To make getting into and out of the stadium easier, you'll notice the following improvements:

Entering the Stadium: Entry lanes at all gates are no longer divided by male or female lines. Rather, you can stay together with your friends and family and enter any lane. Both a male and female security representative will be at each line to conduct the security search. In addition, new and improved VIP Suite & Club entrance lanes are located at all gates marked by yellow signage allowing for express entry. For more information on the VIP entry lanes, click here to view the map.

Exiting the Stadium: Based on exit time data we have collected from the escalators, stairs, ramps and elevators, the stairs consistently provide the fastest exit from the stadium. On average the stairs exit in about five minutes or less from the 300-level. Note: the fastest way out may not be the same way you came in. For the quickest and most efficient way out from your concourse level, download the corresponding stadium exit map:

100 Level Concourse Exit Map
    200 Level Concourse Exit Map
    300 Level Concourse Exit Map

Fan Walkway: As a reminder, there is a fan walkway between the Pepsi and Bud Light gates allowing access all the way around the exterior of the stadium. Guests sitting in the Bud Light corner may find exiting through that corner and using the fan walkway outside the stadium towards the Pepsi gate to be the fastest way to west side parking lots. For your safety, when walking along the north side of the stadium, please be attentive to traffic and follow the instructions and directions of staff.

If you have any questions, please contact a Jets Client Relations Representative at 800.469.JETS (5387). We look forward to seeing you on Sunday when we look to go 5-0 at home and beat the Pats!

Regards,
    The New York Jets

17. sg3

sg3 Banned

....yes....

18. rgoltsch

rgoltsch New Member

Yeah, sure.....the stairs are the quickest way out. Of course they are, because no one wants to use them. This is the 21st century. When I first saw the way they arranged the escalators, I knew it was going to be a bottleneck.....and I am not a stadum designer. Who the heck makes it so you come down one level, then have to loop around to the next level? This is where I agree with you 227....the old design of each level having its own escalator made much more sense.

I used the stairs once. I watched a drunk fan stumble his way down the multiple flights of stairs...all the time wondering if he was going to make it to the bottom on his feet. My biggest fear was to not get in front of him, it would have been like a snowball rolling downhill if he lost his footing. Since that day, I simply wait in line in the escalators (Granted, those in the clubs have fewer people, but there is a big bottleneck at the top as everyone tries to squeeze out onto the same two escalators).

19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am in section 340. The stairs for the UD only are right behind me. They are a great way to leave if you young enough to walk that much. But an older person or someone like my friend who had back surgery, cant do it. I still miss the ramp, but as long I don't have to leave using the escalators I am happy. Actually for section 340, the stairs and bathroom are right behind us. Going from the corner in 319 where the bathrooms were 6 sections away to the 30 yard line with everything right there has made the whole experience so much more enjoyable. And entering the 50 yard line, there is so much going on. Met and had our picture taken with Freeman and talked to Buttle and Lagreca also. Thanks again to 227 for the heads up in the off season in forcing the Jets to upgade me, without it, I would still be misreable.

20. Section 227. Row 5

The stairs do get kind of tricky.... always seems like a race to the bottom. Then you've got pissed off drunks (if we lose) like you had at the Ravens opener last year cursing the place and the stairs. I don't have a problem with the stairs as far as descending them, but as you say, in this day and age, why were the escalators set up with turnarounds at each level and not a nice straight shot down? Has not stadium design been improved upon and why wouldn't you take the excellent exit model that Giants Stadium had and take it even further by widening, etc?

It's done now, with very little chance of fixing it, so it is what it is.