17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Wish I could say the same but I am a PSL owner and for the most part in it for the life of the stadium. Woody really picked the perfect year to jack up ticket prices, I guess that is just an example of what I have to look forward to. If there wasn't a lockout I could really careless about the extra 5 bucks, but considering things don't seem to be heading the way of a new CBA deal, the quality of play on the field just won't be worth the extra 5 dollars per ticket and that's my big issue with the price increase. If there is a way they can work this out by the end of this month I won't be as mad considering they will have a full training camp and all four pre-season games will be played. I guess we will all have to wait and see, but hopefully this lockout ends soon!

#12081 GrindHouse, Jun 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the quality of play is gonna really suffer if they don't settle within the next month or so. The off season is pretty much over if they don't get back by July 1 or so. Rookies are gonna be totally useless and fat slob lineman are gonna report out of shape and get hurt as they try to hurry up camp and the pre season so they can get 8 home games in. Remember a guy like Revis getting hurt and he was in shape. The quality of play will be worth about $11 per game, the price I paid in 1981 I say the consumer will be getting screwed starting July 1. Can't see having football until around the World Series unless the courts rule in the players favor. I don't even care at this point, if they don't wanna play, then I will find something else to do with my time and money. Sports is turning me off. Of course I will stay up until 2 am Friday night to watch the Yanks on the west coast.

#12082 sec314, Jun 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Chances of injuries increases with every day that these guys don't practice and work out. It's going to reach the point of no return, where it's unsafe to put your players on the field because of lack of conditioning. Some guys have the discipline to keep themselves in tip-top shape but many others don't, especially with a fat contract.

Like you say, the quality of the football will suffer too, because everyone's timing will be off. Look for a lot of fumbles and poorly timed passes, etc., guys pulling up with hamstrings and back injuries... this is getting to be a real joke.

IMO, this hurts a team that has a shot, because it levels the playing field all that much more. The lack of practice will dimish the chances for a team like the Jets who might have otherwise had a decent shot at the playoffs. Everyone on all teams will start off with somewhat poor timing, coordination and execution, making the chances of losing any of the first 8 games to some lesser team a very real possibility. The game is prone to upsets anyway with every bounce of the football, but the levelling of the playing field because of a late start on the practice field will screw things up royally for a good team and actually possibly help a bad team win a few they might not have won.

This bullshit is NOT to our advantage.

4. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I disagree with leveling the playing field part. A veteran team like ours with no coaching changes has a huge advantage. Teams like the Dolphins are fucked.

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

There are teams a lot worse off then the Dolphins. Look at the Titans, a new coaching staff and a QB like Vince Young in limbo. They can't get rid of him until the lockout is done and whoever is gonna be the QB has not seen the playbook. Now they are screwed. Same thing for the 49'ers, new head coach execpt they have the same QB which is a whole another mess. Just the NFL as whole the level of play will not be the same and injuries will increase.

6. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The Phins have a all new Offense and who knows how their backs will be used. Plus the new OC hasn't had any time with suspect QB Henne.

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Good. Hey, a full off season with that piece of crap Henne would not make a difference. That's tight, Dan Henning retired. I hope the Bills are better then the Dolphins. I can't stand there supposed tough guy coach, Rex could kick his butt in.

8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

On the other site, Jets Insider, they have a post like this one that discusses the PSL's and tickets. Its decidely pro Jet, most of the posters are PSL owners and just love the place which is not the overall opinion of this site. Anyway, I saw this post and had to copy it. I mean, I know some of you are pretty well off and older then me, but regardless, you gotta be kidding me.

The answer is "yes" because any PSL under $15,000 is chump change to the grown-ups on Jets Insider.

Get this through your head: 99% of us in this thread do not care how much money we waste on attending live NFL games. The money never mattered. The experience is what it was always about, and now it's even better.

SAR I

9. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Hey 314 that guy in your avatar pic looks like KRS-ONE.

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Which guy and who's KRS-ONE?

11. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Google KRS-ONE lol. The guy on the far right.

12. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

that is where they get the die hard fans, die hards always hold out that glimmer of hope that everything will end up being ok. because you love the game and really just want to watch football. and i know when that day passes you will setup another deadline of sorts, i have done it many times in the past... its just so hard to draw a line in the sand and say that is the line and you will not cross it.

and that is why the nfl is so successful and thinks that they will be better off in 5 years if they fuck everyone today. they know you will just draw a new line and hope for the best, they count on it.

now if people, as they might actually be doing this time, do draw that line and dont go back once its crossed it will change things forever in favor of the fans, but that will never happen. too many people just want to see football, no matter what.

13. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Kris Parker.

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Showing my age. I'll tell him, I am sure he wishes he was that young.

15. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Payments

Hey fellas - haven't visited the thread in a few weeks...

Has anyone here not paid the amount requested by the Jets last month, and if so how have they handled it? I waited 'til the final day and paid the 50% but given the circumstances with the lock-out, I'd assume they are going easy on those who still owe.

My apologies if this has been discussed a lot already. I haven't sent the extra money for the parking "upgrade" only because that whole thing was a farce, and I'm testing them a little. I didn't ask to be on the make believe upgrade list until 5/1, so the "list" must not have been too long.

16. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I did the 6 equal payments deal. They've been pulling cash out of my account the 15th of each month.

I think they've taken 3 payments so I assume they have 50%.

17. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

If you paid the 50% the other 50% will be charged on the first day of training camp.

The 6 month payment goes as follows, if the lockout is not lifted before June 15th the remaining 50% will be broken into 2 payments of 25%. One coming out on the first day of training camp and the other payment will be taken out 30 days later.

18. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I'm 100% in, lock, stock and barrel, including the Yellow upgrade.

All I want is a season now. But if we don't get one, it'll be interesting to see how the Jets play it. Do we get a refund for now or are they going to want you to leave it in their piggy bank, interest free, of course. I think that is actually against the law, BTW. At least it is in Real Estate.

As a Landlord, you can be fined not only for not paying your tenant interest on his/her Security Deposit, you can be fined just for not depositing it into an interest-bearing account. I'm sue the Jets figured out a way of avoiding that, so they often get away with holding onto your money for lengths of time without paying you a dime in interest.

19. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

For anybody that doesn't check their emails, the deadline to order more hats is June 15th.

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Some of us drew a line in the sand when we made the decision to sit in the UD knowing full well how crappy those seats are because... well we know why. I think we are getting to the point where the only place the NFL can siginificantly increase income besides giving the players less, is to charge to watch the local team. How much more can they charge for tickets? How much more for Sunday ticket? My line has been drawn. I switched from Sunday ticket to the Red Zone channel and went from $300+ to $49.99. I have kids in College and debt from the house. In the future, I will not pay more then $150 to sit in the UD. I pay $105 now.