17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

227 I just read that last post----I cannot tell you brother how you "so many times" hit the nail on the head! Your last post sums it up-perfectly :breakdance:
    I am going to without a doubt go out of my way to hookup with you at one of the games ( if there are any ) and have a freaking beverage with you .Years ago I could not EVER imagine giving up the seats---but after all the BS and lie after lie after story after fairytail---THEY MADE IT EASY.
    ps 227 I'm buying :beer:
    enjoy the draft all

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Yellow Parking Upgrade For Orange Outcasts

JUST RECEIVED THE FOLLOWING INVOICE. I DON'T THINK AN ADDITIONAL $10 PER GAME IS BAD AT ALL:

Dear XXXXX XXXXXXXXX,

As a 2011 Season Ticket Holder, we are able to accommodate your request for upgraded parking for the 2011 season. If you wish to be upgraded from the Orange to Yellow lots, please follow the instructions below in order to update your account:

Additional Amount Due: $100 per pass
    Click here to log in to your My Jets Account
    Click the "Pay Now" button for your Parking Upgrade invoice
    Pay the total amount due by credit card or checking account
    If you would prefer to pay by check, please make it payable to New York Jets, LLC, include your account number on the check, and mail it to:

New York Jets
    Attn: Box Office
    1 Jets Drive
    Florham Park, NJ 07932

In order to secure your upgraded parking, payment must be received by May 15. If you have any questions, please give us a call at 800-469-JETS (5387) and one of our Client Relations Representatives will be able to assist you.

Thank you and Go Jets!

Regards,
    New York Jets Client Relations
    (800) 469-JETS (5387)

3. Section 227. Row 5

This parking upgrade is a pretty sweet deal. Since they lowered the Orange Parking this year from $25 down to $15, and the upgrade is only $10, I'm right back to where I was last year as far as parking expense - $25 per game.

I thanked the rep on the phone for this and sincerely told him how appreciative I am. This is the first time in a long time for me to be genuinely pleased with something they've done for me (outside of the huge upgrade in my seats). But this is the first time they've actually done something that I didn't have to COERCE them into.

That's a huge step forward, IMO.... giving Upper Deckers Yellow Prking now for what we were paying last year for the shitty Orange Outcasts. But we did make that call, didn't we? MAny of us all along felt that the Uppers were being shit on unmercifully (right down to the parking torture) in order TO SELL THOSE COCKAMAMIE PSLs and push anyone on the edge to move from the Upper Deck.

Now, as predicted, after they've moved the cockamame things in entirety and the poor unsuspecting bastards are on the hook but good, NOW they've turned back their attention to the UDers to stem the tide of walkaways.

I think this is so hilarious and was so obviously predictable. Good call fellas. The sun is once again finally shining on the Upper Deckers. Not only did many of us get our upgrades, now we have better parking at the same price as the shitty Orange Fiasco lots last year.

4. Section 227. Row 5

I am feeling pretty damned good about my season tickets now.

And believe me, it's been a very long time since I've felt this way. It's nice to have that feeling back again. Decent seats, with a good view, that I can afford and pretty good parking options for me now. I'm hyped.

Now all I need is a football season.

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Me and my friends are all locals and we all tailgate in the Izod center for the last 5 years so my only change was the place itself. Going to Jet games and tailgating still gets me all excited the night before and the morning of. The day game experience not as much but it still feels like home. If I had things change as much as you did, there would also be less to miss. Pick and choose like a lot of people on the secondary market should do the trick.

6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

And more or larger bathrooms. I feel great about my new seats and the Izod will less crowded since the UD'ers have options

7. Section 227. Row 5

Yes, the Orange areas should be less crowded now, although they told me I will have the option of using either Yellow or Orange.

Now, what about the bathrooms? Are you sure they are actually DOING something about them or is this all bullshit? Putting a fix on some of the bathroom accomodations and escalator problems would be a huge upgrade too, IMO, but I WILL BELIEVE THEM WHEN I FREAKING SEE THEM.

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

314 I was in that same boat as you--still am---I always got pumped the nite before and morning of---like you tailgating and going was and always will be a big thing for me---only difference now is I just am not going each week like you will.
    I don't know how anyone else feels but I am pumped for the draft and cannot wait for tonight-----almost the same feeling as gameday---and yes the menue will be crucial to tonights festivaties as well--enjoy the draft all I hope we can swing a MONSTER DT and Monster OLB / DE --> I can dream can't I ?

9. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

F*ck it. I'm taking credit for being the one who called this colored parking deal a COMPLETE SHAM as far back as last year. What a crock! Yes, I got that email too. HOORAY, I get to park where I parked for 24 years again. What assholes they are! 227 - not signaling you out here, but it's a good message for this reply.

You know when I got on this bogus fairytale yellow wait list of theirs? April 1st! The day I paid. There was no list. I repeat NO LIST. I knew it was BS just to get invoices paid, just like last year was BS so they'd harass all of our tailgate groups in order to apply PSL pressure. There was NO NEED for colored lot designation or even passes at all once the old stadium was paved over. We all knew it, and this proves it.

The Jets will keep trying to play us all like fiddles, whenever they can.

I hate it when anyone I know gets excited and happy about getting a yellow pass now. Thank you Jets! Yay! Thanks for busting up last years tailgate groups then "granting" the favor of pretending it didn't happen a year later.

Let's predict next year's scenario. I gaze into my crystal ball and see...

2012. All parking lots open save one or two for the expensive suite holders, price to park $35.00 per game.

#11989 LogeSection2RowJ, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  10. Section 227. Row 5

Well, here's my crystal ball... and my crystal ball shows more than yours does.

1) The Jets will continue to struggle to fill the Upper Deck and will never do so, despite future decades of inducements.

2) As a result (and because all PSLs will have been sold out), Upper Deck ticket prices will remain flat or relatively close to unchanged for years.

3) Conversely, PSL tickets will soar to make up the difference. They will get away with this because they can and there isn't a damned thing contractually in the PSL agreement that disallows it.

4) PSL resales will suffer because of this. Ever-escalating, annually-increasing PSL ticket prices will scare off would-be buyers of the PSL resale, causing them to be losers with lower-than-face offers. There will be resales, mind you, but at levels that will disappoint, commensurate with and in an opposite corelation to the escalating ticket prices. The higher the ticket prices soar, the less people will be willing to pay for a "used" PSL.

5) Meanwhile, the Upper Deck will continue to be bestowed any and all advantages... whatever it takes, in a fruitless attempt at keeping them even close to 60% occupancy. My crystal ball says the UD will never experience more than 75% occupancy over the next 30 years, good seasons included, no matter what gets thrown at the STHers up there, which will be plenty (this Yellow thing is only the tip of the iceberg).

6) As such, expect the bathroom situation to be hugely addressed over the next 3-4 years. Also look for the escalator service to vastly improve. Remember, we've got to try to fill that UD, the PSL seats can go shit in their hats.

7) Extra escalators will be attached to the exterior of the building as an addition to the grossly inadequate ones that are now part of the permanent structure. The sideline exterior of the building will be pushed out to accomodate this massive structure, just like Giants Stadium was added onto in 1999 to accomodate the huge box and club additions. The attached new escalators will be covered and will have very wide platforms as turnarounds.

8) Structural changes will be made to the ludicrous "louvered" open areas that now allow wind and rain to invade the concourse in the UD. Huge amounts of money will be spent in resolving this to make the experience more user-friendly and protective.

9) Disney-like, outdoor "people movers" will be added at the crossover point at Rte. 120... an outdoopr conveyor belt to move UD fans effortlessly to the Orange areas. The Xanadu eyesore will be torn down and an Upper Deck "club" will appear, along with much more additional parking. Upper Deck fans will now have their own special place to hang out and eat before the games in an effort to entice more people into buying an UD season package.

10) Finally, at no time in the next 30 years will any part of the Upper Deck become PSL. It will remain PSL free and UD ticket prices will experience no more than a modest 3% per year in any given year. PSL ticket prices, however, will escalate at an average of 10% per year, causing them to double by year 7.5 quadruple by year 15, and then double again by year 22.5, making them 8 times more expensive than they are now by year 22.5, or 2033.

11. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

12. Section 227. Row 5

I am not aware of any plans for this building that have been approved. Governor Christie, in a delivered speech recently, pretty much mocked the building, calling it a "NJ eyesore" and something that has to be dealt with. This was met with resounding applause.

So, as of tonight, I don't think there are any plans for this building one way or another. It was certainly ill-conceived, poorly planned, attrociously and garrishly designed and needs to eventually be dealt with. My hope is they tear the freaking thing down altogether and use the space to enhance the IZOD and New Mausoleum Stadium Experience better.

13. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

that xanadu blocks the view of the New Meadowlands Stadium from the Turnpike.i would like to see it torn down

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

227 and others it is not getting torn down in fact I was told about a month ago that if it has'nt started back up yet it will very soon---------other/ investors / companies have taken it over .

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

227, here's the inside poop, they are moving the mens bathroom to the ladies and the ladies to the mens. They found out the were less women then expected and they are bigger. We are not getting more, just bigger because of the switch. They are not going to add escalators, no where to do so, but they are covering the louvers in each end zone with some kind of curtain. That's phase 1 in getting the place ready for the Super Bowl. We are just reaping the benefits, the paying customers will assume all costs.... I mean SG3 and friends will

#11995 sec314, Apr 28, 2011
  16. Section 227. Row 5

17a has spoken.

Now they have to get with the fucking program.

17. Section 227. Row 5

What you are describing, as I see it, is all temporary bullshit. This is like putting up the old green curtains at Giants Stadium to cover the red and blue.

I am envisioning an all-out assault on the entire property between now and then since, after all, we will be hosting the Superbowl. There is no way they embarrass themselves with inadequate bathrooms and parking and people moving by then, let alone the incompetant nincompoops they have running the parking lots, otherwise they look like some kind of cheesy, second-rate location for a Superbowl, which, of course, we are.

So they're going to be spending beaucoup money between now and then... for two reasons. They need to fill the embarassing gap between how many seats are filled in the Upper Deck compared to the Lower Decks and the many holes as actually seen on TV, and the thought that it may affect Superbowl ticket sales if perceived as "lousy seats." Especially in a winter climate. The NFL Superbowl Committee doesn't want to be seen as assholes for selecting the New Mausoleum Stadium, however foolish the selection may appear at present.

So no, I don't think you will see Band Aids. I think, between now and then, you're going to see major capital improvements, both to accomodate the SuperBowl but also to accomodate the ever-diminishing and always skeptical Upper Deck crowd.

We have fucking arrived, ladies and gentlemen. It's our turn to be accomodated and have our asses kissed. The PSLs are done and Thank God for that. The new Era is to kiss the asses of the UD crowd now, starting with this new Yellow bullshit, to try to keep them in the fold.

#11997 Section 227. Row 5, Apr 28, 2011
  18. 309'em

309'em Member

I also got the yellow parking pass email. Would have stayed with orange if they didn't sneakily change Lot B to yellow. I'm in sec 312 so I'm thinking of staying with B (or D) or maybe moving to L. Would be nice if they connected a walkway from Lot B into the train station.

19. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

If anybody thought getting out of the parking lot was bad last year. Just wait till they tear down the Xanadu and build a shopping mall/entertainment complex. Just imagine trying to get out of there while Sunday afternoon Mall shoppers start to head home from a trip to the Mall.

20. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The mall would be closed on Sunday.