17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

There you go. And I don't think some of the new PSLers realize what a decade of back-to-back seasons ranging from 3-13 to 7-9 will do to you. I could take it years ago and still come back for more, paying my ever-increasing ticket price every year, but I'm not sure today's instant gratification PSL people will be able to live with that.

The option of bailing looks better and better to me.

2. Section 227. Row 5

#11882 Section 227. Row 5, Apr 6, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  3. Section 227. Row 5

Take a look at the nonsense this one moron is having to go through to move this POS. He apparently formed an LLC in Delaware to buy the PSL with:

Important Information. By purchasing this auction, buyer understands the following:
    This is auction is to purchase PSL rights from the NYJ for the new stadium, for season starting 2011. *Click on this PSL link if you don't know what PSL is, Personal Seat Licenses. This is NOT an auction for tickets or season tickets.

PSL Seat Location Section 135, Row 6, AISLE SEATS, Lower Sideline Seats. See seating chart.
    I own these seats and they are under a corporation name, and you can assume immediate ownership upon transfer of shares to you -- or full transfer to your own name after March 1, 2011.
    Price is set for me to break even on this transaction (including ebay fees).
    This auction is for $5,000 and a balance of $18,000 psl to be paid directly to Jets. Total PSL asking price is $23,000. We can figure out a payment plan that works for you. All best offer considered.
    Payment Option #1: Upon winning this auction, and payment of $5,000 to me, I will transfer all the corporations shares holding onto these seats to you, and you will have full control of the seats upon such transfer. You will also assume the debt payment of remaining $18,000 directly with Jets (currently financed under 15 years term @ 8%, with 15 years left). Yearly PSL installment is $1,947, due in November.
    Payment Option #2: pay me the full $23,000, I will pay off all the debt with Jets, and we will transfer the seats to you Free-and-Clear. You will own the seats out right with no further obligations.
    Season tickets have to be purchased directly with the Jets. $145 per seat per game.

I will be responsible for all the Jets transfer fees. All future PSL payments and fees associated with PSL ownership will be Buyer’s responsibility directly with NYJ.
    If you keep the corporation used to register these seats (Delaware LLC), you will also be responsible for the future maintenance of this corporation. Otherwise, it will be dissolved upon transfer to you. Please note that if you change name ownership, Jets will require full payment of debt before name transfer. Hence there is benefit in keeping the same named corporation if you intend to finance this purchase.
    I will forward all paperwork from NYJ to you, and act as directed by you till full transfer of account to your name, we will draw up an agreement that account effectively is yours.
    You can visit www.newjetsstadium.com for more info and official news.
    I'd be happy to work out any payment plan for this auction, please contact me to discuss.

4. JLJets

JLJets New Member

Another call, another update

I just got off the phone with my rep.
    I have six in Upper Prime, but 4 + 2. I've been trying to get the two closer to the other four. She told me in March to call back in April, after the April 1st payment due date had passed. (I have paid my first installment.)

She advised that no, they haven't disqualified people who haven't submitted their payments yet. They will be sending another email this week and hope to close on those people within 2-3 weeks. She said there was nothing open in my section right now. Makes one wonder why she said to call after April 1.

She suggested that I call back in 2-3 weeks. In the mean time, she said she would keep an eye out for me. Sound familiar? I'll keep trying her with both email and phone calls.

She also said that they haven't addressed the wait list for Yellow Parking yet and probably won't until the 2011 renewal process has ended (same 2-3 weeks before they begin).

5. sect105

sect105 New Member

I Was Upgraded from 307 row 17 (seats 15,16,17) TO 308 row 9 on aisle (seats 8,9,10). This was after numerous phone calls and a nasty email.

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

17A posted a list of available / seats people like myself bailed on and that should be available---------------go back and look at the list and ask for one of those if you like / prefer them! Mine were in 342 row 20 and the more a read these string along phone calls / e mails / posts you guys are going thru the more and more I am so glad I bailed------------:breakdance:

7. Section 227. Row 5

Thanks for letting me know this. I'm one of the UDers on the Wait List for Yellow Parking, supposedly.

I say "supposedly," because my experience for the last two years tells me that I never know WTF is the truth and WTF is bullshit.

Maybe I'm on a Wait List for Yellow Parking and maybe I'm not. Maybe there is a Wait List for it and maybe there is not. Maybe this "wait list" is all bullshit to get me to pay this year's invoice and maybe it's not.

Maybe I'm an asshole for believing this shit and maybe I'm not. I'm leaning toward being an asshole.

I'm so fucking sick and tired of this, maybe I'm ready to tell them to go fuck themselves and maybe I'm not.

8. Section 227. Row 5

But maybe I'll get Yellow Parking.....

9. Section 227. Row 5

There seems to be this one seller on eBay right now - meant2b1157 - who is selling different, multiple sets of PSLs at "below cost," meaning below the original Jets price. Is he some kind of dealer, helping guys bail out of their PSLs? He seems to have a slew of them.

10. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Maybe the Jets gave whoever it is a deal if he bought so many??

Or he could've paid a chunk is charging less but will be enough to pay off and have a little left over for himself.

Or it's a moron who bit off more than he can chew.

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

someone should send him an email telling him that the irs will be interested in his "corporation".

12. Section 227. Row 5

There don't appear to be any bids on any of them. Zero! Not even any offers.

I think this is significant because it shows the marketplace at work. The Jets are no longer in cntrol of the prices, the market is. And the market is telling us these things were generally sold at too high a price... more than the general market will bear.

In the fever and rush to buy these cockaamie things at the time, people just pulled the trigger spontaneously. Even lousy EZ and corner locations were gobbled up when the Jets discounted them, with guys tripping over themselves to call their "reps" to feverishly buy them up.

Now it's the morning after and the hangover is a bitch to deal with.

13. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

It's been my belief all along that this list is somewhat of a phantom list, created as another "incentive" for us to reenlist. They take from us one year, then see how high we jump just to get it back the next. I cringed when half of my tailgate group hurriedly paid their invoices in Feb. for the chance to park back where we all parked for 15 years - and it's not even a close convenient lot, just a spot where we could all congregate without hassle.

I asked to be on this yellow list on 4/1 - the day I paid. So, if I do get yellow parking, we know the list was bogus ,and that the entire orange/yellow nonsense from last year is what I thought - 2010's PSL ploy. Yellow waiting list was 2011's.

We'll see. I could be wrong and looking for a new tailgate party over at Izod. ; ) When all was said and done I liked it better over there anyway. Approaching and more importantly leaving via Washington Ave was a breeze.

14. Gator

Gator Active Member

I'm not sure what you base your assumptions on. Seems to be from your own mind. You read where some guy or even ten guys put their PSLs up for sale and you say..'See? See? Everyone that bought a PSL unhappy!!! I haven't seen that. Can you show me the proof that most people that bought PSLs are not happy, as you now state in almost every post......because if one were to read back in this thread it would seem that most if not all of the bitching and moaning is coming from people in the upper deck unhappy with the bathrooms, parking, distance from the field, stadium exits, etc etc. The fact that a few people that bought expensive tickets may have lost their job or whatever and can't afford them now does not show the conclusion that you have arrived at regarding PSL buyers. If 2% of the people have to sell them that would seem to me to be a number that was going to happen anyway. It was not going to be 0%

15. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

+1111111111111

16. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I agree with Gator that 227 is jumping to a conclusion too quickly. How many bids would there be already? Especially during the lockout. Who's buying a PSL who's payment will be required even without a 2011 season? Let's see what happens in August when and if a season is about to start. If the economy recovers and ticket demand increases, we'll see then.

We all decided how much cash these tickets and our seat locations are worth to us. I agree whole-heartedly with 227 in deciding it was a bad deal but it is a bit early to judge the resale market of PSL's. Actually I thank him for his rants because it helped me to make the right decision for ME.

No PSL owner wants to hear this all the time, and this thread isn't only about the complainers (like me)

17. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

I also think most of those Psl's that are being sold are by brokers. Maybe they are just trying to cut their losses due to the fact there might not even be football next season. Your average fan isn't looking at these seats as extra revenue coming in but ticket brokers are.

18. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Very true!! I have contacted brokers and they are looking to sell all of there jets PSL. They told me that they dont make enough money on the Jets season tickets to keep them. Dont get me wrong they are trying to sell the PSL in LLEZ for 5-10k each but that is a broker.

Do I think the Jets PSL will be worth something later on 5-10 years from now yes. I think no matter what will happen we will atleast get your psl payment back. Do I think that for the Coaches club and those crazy PSL no but LLEZ and corners at 2500 and 5 yes.

I lucked out and sold alot of games being at college for average of 200-250 a ticket. I only sold for 150-120(Face) when I was indesperate need. (Bengals family back out last minute due to weather and Dolphins rain and preseason) Other than that Every game I sold for a profit. yes I am lucky and have great seats at row 7 isle and row 20 LLEZ. This year I made a profit and next year with the games we have it should be even better.

You can say im not a fan for selling games and blah blah but for me if I can get $2000 for 8 tickets to the Jets vs Packers game (Which I did) and watch it on the coach Im a happy man.

I did go to all of the The playoff games this year as well and it was a hell of a time. All and all PSL is worth it do I think it sucks at some point yes. Do I think they have us by the balls yes. So I see everyones view but it is what is is.

19. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

What's funny is must of the brokered owned seats were in great locations. I never saw the same people in my row during any given game. Most of those seats will probably come back to the Jets due to brokers defaulting. But time will tell lol. Buying season's and selling them at a profit just doesn't work out as well as it did in the past. When owners see their season ticket holders selling tickets at a big increase they just jack up the prices the following season. I can't wait till next season starts though, the Giants and Cowboys game at home should be fun. Anybody predict when the lockout will end, this shit is killing me!

20. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

most of the bitching is coming from the upper decker.....yes
    b/c we are the long time sth who should be sitting in sweet seats behind the jets bench and not have to pay a nut or two for it.

the psl are complaining b/c they are juts happy to have season tickets and have never had to deal with front officde ticket bullshit. 3-9 cold rain november game with no one to take a ticket off your hands.