17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

I parked in yellow for Vikings and they did not scan.

2. sg3

sg3 Banned

please don't tell me there are STH whining about charging 20 bucks to the general public for stadium tours.

I took three of them free during the offseason as could ANY Jet fan or STH just by asking for one.

Every venue in this area (YS, CF, MSG -- all of them) charge for tours of their facility. As for having paid PSL's, there are Yankee STH who pay 107K a year for 81 tickets and it is 100 percent expense as opposed to a PSL which presumably has SOME value when and if you sell your ticket. And they have to pay for stadium tours too.

Pay the frigging 20 bucks already (though, as I said, any STH who wanted to has already toured the place before it was opened

3. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

hey does anyone know a place to look at who is selling PSL's or buying?? Also what people are selling for?

Thanks!!

4. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Ebay, Stubhub, and the Ticket Exchange.

Many local ticket brokers too.

Depending on the game, I've seen passes sell for $50-$100.

5. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

There is a PSL website up that has a couple of Jets PSL's listed. I think we won't see too many listed until after the season is over. I saw some on Ebay as well. I don't remember the name of the site so just google it.

6. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

So, for those Psl folks who are defaulting or even selling their psl because they are in over their head, what is the average amount of monies lost?

I don't remember what the down payments were.

Just looking for a laugh.

7. Gator

Gator Active Member

I don't think you can sell the thing until it's fully paid off.

8. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

At this point, someone would have to be a moron to sell out/default on a PSL.
    1.) The Jets are having a good year. Anyone looking to mitigate their "loss" would be wise to finish out the season and sell tickets for a profit. If they make the playoffs and have home game(s), more loss mitigation.
    2.) There will be ZERO demand for PSL's in the secondary market until people begin thinking about buying season tickets for next year's season. That means the "best" price is likely to be had next year.
    3.) As for the default strategy, they will have no idea about their "loss" until the Jets decide if they are going to try to collect on the unpaid debt.

Bottom Line - there won't be any answer to your question until July.

9. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

The earliest the PSLs can be officially sold (the transaction recognized by the Jets) is March, 2011. Until then it's all premature ticklers and pre-advertisng.

10. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Do the Jets then charge a commission on top of your sale? I can totally see them slapping a 20% "transfer fee" on you, WHAP

11. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

OK. I thought I was reading that somebody was wondering about whether he could get out of paying his PSL??

12. Section 227. Row 5

There's no commission because the Jets are not part of the sale. They sold the PSLs and the buyer owns them lock, stock and barrel and can do with them what he/she wishes. It wouldn't surprise me if there's some sort of transfer fee however, for "handling" the "processing" the ownership transfer. I thought I remember reading that somewhere.

13. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

The PSL Contract indicates they can charge a transfer fee.

I am not positive, but I seem to remember reading that the PSL has to be paid in full for the transfer to be allowed.

14. jetbo

jetbo Member

transfer fee

I think there is a $100.00 or $200.00 Per Seat PSL transfer fee, but I am not 100% sure.

15. Section 227. Row 5

A fee to become a new customer and buy tickets from them. This is like a bank charging you an up-front fee to do business with them.

16. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

I have a question about searches.

Entering the stadium, they didn't make any effort to search my bag. It had a small camera, my compact binoculars, a hat and gloves. All they seemed interested in was making sure the cap to my water bottle was confiscated.

Is that normal?

17. Section 227. Row 5

The water bottle cap confiscation has been an obsessive-compulsive thing for years now. We simply save a few caps and bring them in with us in our pockets.

All the other stuff is supposed to be in clear, see-through bags. They were pobably so obsessed with your cap that they overlooked any other search. In a way, the water bottle thing is a good distraction if you're trying to bring in other contriband. Let them go crazy on the water bottles and make a big deal out of it. Make them explain what they are doing. In the meantime, your rocket-propelled grenade launcher goes unnoticed so you can use it on Bill Belichick at the half.

18. Gator

Gator Active Member

Ton of Packer fans at the game.

19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Holy shit yeah. I was very annoyed, that Go Pack go chant sounds like something out of a Dr. Seuss book.

20. Section 227. Row 5

MB Prime:

I wasn't at the game. Mike Fatcesa has had callers on today that have said that the stadium was pretty quiet and that the crowd "was different" than the old stadium... more reserved. He also said that the stadium emptied out very early and "half the seats were empty" (don't know if this is an exageration or not) toward the end. Can you comment on the crowd, especially toward the end? Did a lot of people leave early? According to the Fatty, they did.

And the one caller was telling Fatty that the new stadium is "windier." Much windier than Giants Stadium. He claims the louvers allow too much wind to rip right through the stadium. This guy was 200 Section Mezz, near the goaline but toward the EZ I think. I can't tell if the 100s or 200s are "windier" because I've only sat in the Uppers, where I belong. You'd think for the price of their cockamamie PSLs, they could have at least given a little more thought to the fans having a little more creature comfort.