17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. kenjet

kenjet New Member

I greatly appreciate the posts from those who are currently in the selection process. I have been a die hard section 316 UD STH since 87 but due to a transfer my year is 92. No call date in sight yet. I was told by my rep in March that there were 12K STH ahead of me. I guess I'll be lucky ...if you can call it that ...to be offered decent end zone PSL seats. Otherwise if I have to bail out I may need detox. I have missed only one game in 22 years. Thanks again to those who have provided detail to what they have been offered.

2. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

You made the right choice if it makes you and your son's happy it can't be that bad.

Not being a season ticket holder but I have gone to 4 or 5 games every year and sat almost everywhere in the lowers, many times on the 50 yd line, never paying a broker or more than face value since single tickets are easy to find. Met alot of interesting fellow fans. I am only hoping for leftovers and that still may make me happy. My best times were in the endzone, sightlines were not good but it was never boring.

Best of luck to everyone who has been there through all of the good times and bad, the only thing that is permanent is change and this we have no control over. Create your own good times for the next generation 17A, that you can control.

Peace.

#902 jets&rushfan, May 21, 2009
    Last edited: May 21, 2009
  3. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Is this the only thread that Champ posts in anymore?

4. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Losing out on Jets season tickets (for some) is turning out to be a very personal loss for some fans. From reading here, I see memories, friends, and good times being torn apart.

It really gives an honest perspective of the fondness for our team. None of this was taken into perspective by Woody and the folks in charge of the new stadium project. I don't believe he even knew about the honest stuff that is posted here in this thread.

Hope it all works out for all.

5. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but when you already have your seats and you make a post like this, it comes across as gloating. Unless you have some definite information to offer, it would be better for you to say nothing. You are just making people upset, nervous, and angry. It's like your standing next to them while they wait in line and you are saying "you're not getting a seat." Think about how annoying that is. Let's leave the rest of this thread for those to relay their buying experiences to those of us who have not picked yet. This is a very sensitive subject for people who have been going to games for decades with family and have grown accustomed to certain seats and sight lines. To be moved away from the 50 yard line and higher up in a new stadium all because you can't or won't mortgage your economic future on football tickets is stressful, unexpected, and upsetting enough. Your constant pessimism as you hold your first row UD seats is just cruel.

6. KSJets

KSJets New Member

I agree 100% with this, but unfortunately, he doesn't realize he's being a dick so he won't be leaving anytime soon. Of course, I'm not at all surprised he's been acting like this. I actually expected it to happen. Sad but true.

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

That's very cool. I bought 6 pairs of Yankee seats for $1200 which is a lot $ for regular season baseball, but my 9 year old daughter came home with 4 baseballs from batting practice. Boy, did she have a blast so that made it worth it. There is only one person that is causing the ugliness in this thread, everyone else is here to keep each other informed and are rooting for each other.

8. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

Once we are all kicking in our feel good stories, I'll add mine. For the longest time I had 4 seats, but they were not together (2 and 2). With my move to the upper deck in the new building I finally have 4 together. I may be sitting 1800 feet in the air, but at least I can sit with my entire family together, instead of going our separate ways after our tailgate party.

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am glad that I will be getting UD seats but its still a sad time because they are breaking up section 314 where I have sat for 20+ years and made tons of friends. They have made people who worked to get lower level middle of the field move back upstairs and away from old time friends so we all lose but of course it worse for the long timers that can not afford PSL's and will have to give up their tickets. But the worst of all, most people who get PSL's are going purchase one ticket for themselves and the others will be for friends that can pay for them. How many people that buy PSL's are going to get seats for their kids and pay for multiple seats? I am Jet fan because my dad took me to shea back in the early 70's. Without that, who knows?

10. terps56

terps56 New Member

17a, dont think twice.

If you can afford the tix and are not risking your financial future, you made the right choice. First, on the "investment" side of this, you should look at is as follows: The 15-yr annual payment is $346/yr, or $35/game. So you tix cost $155/game. You have great seats and if your looking at value, $155 vs. $120/$105 UD, your seats are unbelievable value. Great mezz seats which you have are the best value in the entire stadium. Plus you get the other benefits of being a PSL owner. And if your financial situation does change, walk away (sell) and you paid $155/game instead of $120.

Second, I too have sons I go to the game with I understand exactly how you feel.

Last, the PSL's will be mostly sold out by opening day 2010, except for the Club mezz seats. The $4k ($155/game), $5k ($163/game) will ultimately sell to those who were ready to pay $120. The $20k ($323/game) are limited in quantity and are very desirable and will sell to the high net worth people who want to sit on the 40's, but dont want to pay Club Seat prices. They will sell out (might be sold out already). The 15k (cost $270/seat) and 10k ($227/game) will be the most difficult to sell, but the good ones will certainly sell (15k near Coaches Club, 10k closer to 10yd line) and ultimately there will be few of those remaining because when you add the PSL to the cost of the game ticket, while still crazy high, it appears more reasonable. Especially when compared to cost of other sports/entertainment tickets. As for me, since i enjoy the Jets more than any other form of entertainment, I am paying PSL, adding it to my per game ticket price, and will stop/reduce the Mets/Rangers games I attend and I will be in the same financial position as I was in before this PSL crap.

17a, be excited about your decision!

11. terps56

terps56 New Member

17a, dont think twice.

If you can afford the tix and are not risking your financial future, you made the right choice. First, on the "investment" side of this, you should look at is as follows: The 15-yr annual payment is $346/yr, or $35/game. So you tix cost $155/game. You have great seats and if your looking at value, $155 vs. $120/$105 UD, your seats are unbelievable value. Great mezz seats which you have are the best value in the entire stadium. Plus you get the other benefits of being a PSL owner. And if your financial situation does change, walk away (sell) and you paid $155/game instead of $120.

Second, I too have sons I go to the game with I understand exactly how you feel.

Last, the PSL's will be mostly sold out by opening day 2010, except for the Club mezz seats. The $4k ($155/game), $5k ($163/game) will ultimately sell to those who were ready to pay $120. The $20k ($323/game) are limited in quantity and are very desirable and will sell to the high net worth people who want to sit on the 40's, but dont want to pay Club Seat prices. They will sell out (might be sold out already). The 15k (cost $270/seat) and 10k ($227/game) will be the most difficult to sell, but the good ones will certainly sell (15k near Coaches Club, 10k closer to 10yd line) and ultimately there will be few of those remaining because when you add the PSL to the cost of the game ticket, while still crazy high, it appears more reasonable. Especially when compared to cost of other sports/entertainment tickets. As for me, since i enjoy the Jets more than any other form of entertainment, I am paying PSL, adding it to my per game ticket price, and will stop/reduce the Mets/Rangers games I attend and I will be in the same financial position as I was in before this PSL crap.

17a, be excited about your decision!

12. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Just a suggestion but try to get some of the cell phone #'s of the people around you after this season and see if they tailgate at all and meet up before or after the games next year, or just keep in touch. Who knows, maybe they're in the same boat as you and will get seats near you.

On a side note to you and others on here who do this, but what are your plans for your user name here? Keep it or change it to the new section #? It's one of the reasons I just use my initials in my SN. No, I'm not a Jets' fan in Kansas :)

13. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I agree actually I think Woody was really quite smart in looking back at it. He made the UD PSL free he then used seniority club by having the earliest known STHs get 1st dibs by the NYJs records. Then he went further in having the supposed primo seats STHs choose 1st so they got quite good seats. Now once the UD is totally full he is forcing all others who did not get UD PSL free seats to either take a PSL or give up the game day experience except if you want to try to get tix from someone else & probably pay a premium for them.

14. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I don't know about 314, but I'll be changing mine to Section 427, Row 52.

15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Is there any other thread to post it that has any value? Lets look at some of the recent ones

Where to get cheap jerseys
    Sanchez GQ thread
    Tweets
    RR statements
    TJ holdout
    LW holdout

Did I miss any other silly threads recently?

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I don't think PSL's are a good investment at all and I think people will be able to get seats online for individual games for 1/2 the price. Do you see how many seats are on stubhub for Yankee games and what the asking price is? Its less then 1/2 the ticket price. That said, nothing wrong with getting PSL's if you can afford them as long as you won't need to sell them. I still say, the Jets will not sell all their PSL's. 99% of the regular Joe's that go to games can not and will not pay $400 per ticket regardless of PSL price. That's why 17A is the end zone.

17. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

The tailgate is the most enjoyable part of the game experience, especially during those 4-12 years. The Jets are breaking up a large dysfunctional family.

18. terps56

terps56 New Member

i agree that PSL's are not a good investment, but i don't think 17a or any others are buying it as an investment. All I am really saying is that if you add the cost of the PSL to the game ticket, if you are willing and able to pay $120/105 game UD, then I think if you can afford it, there is much better value in $155/game mezz and $163/game end zone. And if you you can get individual seats online at 1/2 price, then are you saying that the non-PSL seats are also a bad investment and that nobody should get them now either?

19. norm428

norm428 New Member

Actually, I think Woody is being a major A@@hole. Let's look at what I get versus what a Giant STH holder got. With 1978 priority, I get to pay $105 per ticket to sit on the 25-30 yard line row 23. I used to be 35-40 yard line row 20. I get no rights of transfer, no reserved parking. My counter part on the Giants, pays a $1,000 PSL and his ticket is $95. Over 10 years the average price would be $10 more a game ($1,000/10 years/10 games - preseason included), so after 10 years we both have paid $105 per ticket. He gets a much better seat because he kept his UD seniority, reserved parking and the right to transfer seats. Yea, Woody did me a great favor by making the UD PSL free. I would have been much better off under the Giants PSL plan. Yes, I know that long term STH's on the lower & mezz section get more screwed under the Giants plan and you can argue which is more fair, but from my selfish perspective, I would have been much happier if we adopted the Giants plan.

20. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

I feel the same way regarding the UD. Would much rather have right of transfer on a $1000 PSL the way the Giants did it. I'm sharing my 4 tickets with 2 of my dad's childhood friends - if god forbid something happens to them we lose the tickets - which on its own of course is a RIDICULOUS thing to have to consider, but its a reality and something we actually discussed when debating the merits of PSL vs. UD. Only the Jets would make you confront your own mortality when considering where to sit in a stupid football stadium.