17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

The Jets are honest in saying there are not any obstructed views up there. They had already removed the obstructed seats when I visited.

2. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

I sat in the upper deckers, man are they far away. I would say and obviously as ive been reading these posts most people agree that Upper Prime is the way to go. You can see the play develop and stuff but when I was sitting in them they were still so far away. It just felt like i wasnt really part of the stadium if you know what i mean. If you are stuck with upper deck endzone your pretty much screwed but i would guess when its an important game and the house is rocking you will enjoy yourself.

3. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

well only 56 days till we actually sit in our seats for the first preseason jets vs giants game

4. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I tell you what why don't you guys tailgate at Shorthills malls on Sunday's. I heard they have lots of good parking. Just kidding

BTW PSL holders got screwed on parking too. If they are in a large tailgate they got broken up too. I personally think less and less people will be driving to Meadowlands in future years.

For me, Option one is I have a monthly LIRR train ticket so cost via public transportation is ten bucks (NJ Transist ticket). I always go this route when I am meeting up with people from other towns in LI not near me or friend in city. Otherwise too much driving around picking up people on top of commute.

Option two if I am going by myself and meeting friend at game. (upstate or NJ friends), I take lux motorbus that leaves a few blocks from house, bathroom, TVs, lets you drink eat etc. One stop to Meadowlands, bus gets there an hour early for tailgaing and you can leave all your extra stuff coolers etc. on bus during game. Bus immediately leaves after game so you can finish off your beers etc on drive home.

Option three only if I am taking my family or someone in the neighbor to a jet game do I drive.

I personally, do not like driving to Jets games by myself. Kinda like going out on valentines day to dinner by yourself. Also with tolls, gas an parking it is like $50 bucks.

5. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

This thread has 301,116 page views, is that the highest in TGG history??

(and rising)

6. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

This is 249b. Your seats are probably in this picture.

[​IMG]

7. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

There is such an insane interest in this topic that when a few weeks ago I put together from this board, a few other other boards and my numberous emails and calls to Jets and talking to a few Jets season ticketholders. A guy I know put it on twitter and face book as well as two fan sites. He told me his google counter showed 3,000 hits on article in first 24 hours. That is crazy.

BTW UD seats update, in a few weeks after upgrades have cleared and people have signed contracts and paid for upgrade from latest price reduction and these UD people no longer legally own seats they will put them up for sale. It is June 21 today, season starts in under 60 days. Bad news is if people in UD EZ row 26 buy more seats in UD it will be very very hard to unload your seats when competing against face value sideline UD seats right from box office. Even more so considering short time frame. Even worse people picking up extra seat will end up with double seats will be dumping them on stubhub so they sell before credit card is due. Which means tons of UD seats at or below face in secondary this year. No resale value. Everyone takes a hit in year one. Trouble is people will drop those crappy UD EZ seats in year two and jets will have to sell single games up there.

8. 17a_tailgater

upper deck corner end zone low row baby

9. 17a_tailgater

Who Posted?
    Total Posts: 7,768
    User Name Posts
    Section 227, Row 5 974
    17a_tailgater 932
    RowOneJetFan 680
    Sanchize Prime 418
    championjets69 342
    sec314 335
    alleycat9 295
    JetsSec337Lot13B 249
    pats-hater 229
    GordonGecko 214
    LogeSection2RowJ 174
    coorslightcans 139
    Italian Seafood 133
    CBG 127
    rudd28 114
    CT. Jets Fan 102
    backtoshea 99
    Chrisp22 94
    Cornfed 90
    jetbo 71
    124 70

10. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

"Get off my lawn" Section 227 wins.

11. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

funny part is 227 and 17a could have never posted and they still be in same boat. I actually am still pissed I passed on amazing seats in old 15k section when it was 15k even when I thought they would be reduced as I just did not want to risk it not being reduced. If I had never known I would be better off.

12. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Hey ROJF, I have read a couple of your post and that short article on PSL sales off of JN. For the most part you were spot on. I am curious to know what your predictions are now that they have lowered prices and seem to have a lot of new movement.

13. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

My biggest wonderment is Jets are claiming Lower Prime Jets side are sold out. It is impossible. First they were not sold out pre-price cut, Second Jets allowed you to downgrade. Third there were lots of good seats left in the 15k Jets side that are now 10K. I can't imagine why anyone even a corporation who had seats withn six seats of 10K section not moving over.

Yet Jets are claiming 100% of the Jets 20K PSLs are sold out.

Jets also have EW Mezz prime empty right now. When GHC with same PSL as EW Prime lowered its ticket price to match EW Mezz prime everyone moved down, who wouldn't at $395 a ticket it better be free food etc.

Maybe Jets plan is to leave two areas for VIPs or something.

Other issue that may develop is four corners of Endzones and four TC corners seats closer to Endzone how many people are moving over? I think TC by aisle by LGL are good seats for money, not so the other way where you are like 30 seats from 2.5k psls.

According to Jets LGL is still 99.9% sold out so not many moved over to 10K seats which is good.

New big problem is UD EZ, four corners UD sideline row 20 and back. Jets were pretty sucessful at getting those value people to move to 2.5k, 6k, 7.5k, and 10K seats. Now Jets need a few weeks to process backlogged paper work, get contracts signed and get deposits before they release those seats. Come Mid to late July trying to sell several thousand crappy UD Enzone seats will be a real challenge.

Jets said no single sale tickets so only way to move them all is to do nine game or eight game packages in UD with free parking. Imagine how pissed somone who fronted money one year ago and paid for parking and preseason will be in UD EZ row 25 who finds guy next to hime waltzing in for opener with no preseason and free parking. But by then it wont matter, it will be game over for PSL sales.

Jets also won't be doing a seat allocation up there, they already have a lot of crappy UD seats to move do they want more.

Other final interesting development is stubhub. When we all bought originally we had no idea of secondary market. By the time they release UD tickets stubhub will have a good amount of historical pricing on 2010 UD ticket sales. No scalper or person loooking to pick up an extra pair just to have is going to do it when they see there is no way to break even on 30% of seats in UD and the Jets will only be selling the crappy ones.

14. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Hey RowOne,

I forgot to post this the other day when I was talking with my buddy who has 7 seats in MezzA, but here it is:

So as you know you were one of the people who helped me re-locate from MezzA to LLEZ without adding seats, meaning I got my $3,000 discount. But as you also, and others, know, the Jets reps, unless you had that Newsday quote, were telling people that in order to move from MezzA to MezzB or LLEZ that they HAD to add at least one extra seat.

Well, long story short, on Wednesday at the open practice they were offering my friend and some of his friends the opportunity to do the same thing, without any problems. I think it is people like you, the poster on here who moved from 228A to 148, and me, that have made it now a thing that all Jets PSL reps will offer.

Pretty funny/cool.

15. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the info ref the seats in 249!

ref the psl's and parking passes etc it seems to me that there is a complete lack of service / customer care and understanding of the fan base. Amazes me that the business side of the team can be so far apart from its fan base but that seems to be the common denominator in all sports now UK and US.

Anyway watch out for the daft limey and his wife in the parking lots pre game!! We will be rocking our martin and cotchery jerseys!!

16. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I though they would do that, but just the fact for first week they were giving people a hard time by the time they realized they could do it all the really good $2,500 seats were gone. Most likely most people with a decent Mezz A will not move now.

I am glad Jets did right thing, they did not have to, but holding fans hostage is not a good thing

17. MurrellMartin

My friends are staying put because they still love their seats and have a perfect location for them (last row of MezzA so that they can't stand as they please without having to hear an old fart tell them to sit down). I don't blame them. I might still be in MezzA if I had the Row 12 seats instead of Row 2, but probably not. I will sacrifice sitting in the middle of the row and I will sacrifice the possibility of someone asking me to sit down to sit in a more desirable location like the LLEZ.

The Jets were not doing the right thing by keeping some of us hostage but it appears that when enough people began to bitch and moan, something happened.

Which is still why I find it shocking that they don't change Lot K to an Upper Level parking zone. Its not like PSL'ers can't park there... we as PSL'ers could still be there and this could satisfy those Upper Level people in the Pepsi and Bud Light corners (many of whom who post here it seems).

Maybe in 2011....

18. 17a_tailgater

if they made Lot K an upper deck parking lot, i would have to do a third tailgating reconn.

19. MurrellMartin

I think with seats that high up the Jets are going to end up eventually selling them on a game-by-game basis, no matter what they're saying now... OR... those seats could very well be used for visiting fans, armed forces, charity events, etc.

20. MurrellMartin

Seeing as I'm going to park in L if they made K a UD lot I could walk over and join the TGG tailgate for a game! But I don't think the hike over to lot B for Minnesota would make much sense. I wouldn't be able to bring anything whereas if it was in Lot K I could easily just drop the cooler back off at the car on my way back to go inside.