17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

There ya go 227! You're coming back around. We're all just stating what you've preached all along. The exercise today shows us all why they welcome us in again and again for these "tours".

I am with you guys. I've been in this a long time too and really up until this orange lot bullshit I figured I'd be around for more years despite the move to upper EZ seats. The sub-standard treatment despite of what they claim regarding the parking burns me. I, you, us, a lot of us have spent a lot of money in support of this franchise for a long time. Paying the Jets each year was like paying my taxes, or saving money to buy Christmas presents. It was a yearly ritual. Perhaps it's run its course and has to stop. They are pushing the envelope too far. I still wonder about those who prefer the upper deck, wanted to be there or were thrilled to land the upper prime low rows at midfield. nice seats, but now they're screwed on the parking too. (We all now know those were handed to brokers anyway. Champ is the only one here who has some, and even he's on the ten yd line)

I have six seats and this could be my final year. If it sucks, and they seem to be trying to make it suck (Thanksgiving night, parking in PA, no roof at all in most areas) I'll give'm all up and spend less money going to four games bought on Stub Hub each year. The Jets and Giants fucked up. Jets more, for thinking they had the same demand for seats the Giants did.

CHANGE LOT K TO BE GENERAL ADMISSION

2. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

The Jets really have no other choice but to due their due diligence in maintaining the current PSL pricing structure this year or face class action lawsuits from current buyers and financers of BSL's if they devalue the overpriced "investments".

Next year in the secondary market where the leftover BSL's or people who default the price will be what the market will bear, they will be under no obligation to maintain the status quo. You might be able to get the 4 at @$2500 or less in the section you desire. You can only sell or transfer a PSL if it is paid off.

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

227 GREAT WRITEUP

my buddy called me 2 weeks ago said an elderly guy called the Jets and said "too old, bad parking, just can't do it" and the Jets refunded or said they would refund his money THIS YEAR because he wanted OUT. I don't know if anyone else heard this man on thE fan BUT I contacted my rep last week after parking came out and was not told that I cannot get a refund---I told him I was considering it and seriously I still am!!! I will call on Monday and see what they say------------I mean if sales are going so well they should have no problem taking back our coveted NON PSL seats------------ps If I do attend games I will be in 343 rite next too you and will bring a beer over to you at game # 1---the least I can do

4. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Hey where is the old guy sitting? Why doesn't he just sell it on stubhub or ebay?

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

some people dont give 2 shits about making money off of tickets.who wants the hassle

6. jetbo

jetbo Member

2010 jets seasons at face

I know this is not the right forum, AND "I AM NOT LOOKING TO MAKE ANY MONEY".

If anyone is Looking For FACE VALUE JETS SEASONS, 2,4, OR 6 together, Section 317, Row 18, please PM me or email jetbo324@aol.com.

Thank You,
    Rick/Jetbo

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Did you get new seats or something??

8. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Not much of a hassle getting rid of good UD seats at face if you are giving parking and play-off rights at face.

Most people only have trouble selling the extras at face as the owner wants to keep the seats for extra parking and play-off rights. People will snatch up good UD seats in a second with play-off rights and parking. Plus then if Jets offer deals in 2011 on unsold PSL you maintain your senority.

9. 17a_tailgater

because when your done,your done.
    the guy is old fed up tired of the bullshit.
    end of story

10. jetbo

jetbo Member

Jets seasons

This may be my last season as a STH. I am tired of all the JETS BS, and the Parking situation, if it stays intact the way the Jets Propose, may push me over the edge. I may liqiudate all my seats, and stay home and watch it in the 40 Inch HDTV!!!!!!

Jetbo

11. 17a_tailgater

i hear you bro. they are trying to push us that way.have you ever parking in the Izod for a jets game???

i have TWICE in 99 and 01.and i hated it

12. JLJets

JLJets New Member

Orange Parking

One thing annoys me more than having to park out past the horses.

The fact that the Jets weren't honest with us when making choices on what tickets to purchase. They purposely held the parking strategy/maps until they couldn't sell any more PSLs. Once they hit the wall with PSL sales, they asked themselves, "what else can we do to entice these long time fans out of the UL and move them into our premium seats?".

The answer was to have a tiered parking structure, making us UL fans a lower class fan base. I'm not saying that I would have chosen a PSL over my Upper Prime seats, I just wish they could have been more up front with us long time customers. Its always better to have all the information before making a large financial commitment.

13. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I think Woody completely missed the boat on parking. Remember he takes a helecopter or something there. If you don't tailgate you don't get it.

I for one don't tailgate or even drive to the games. It is twenty bucks round trip on meadowlands train for two people. Most people on train with me sell their season parking passes for around $200 above cost which covers train ticket. So getting to game is 100% free. I can always buy back a pass on craigslist or ebay if I do want to drive.

14. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Jets really really implied parking would suck in UD. That was a chance you took. However, in 2011 there will be plenty of parking most likely. I think this is a one year scare tatic to sell PSLs. I think people in UD will be parking wherever in 2011 as once they stop PSL sales they will give a rats ass about making PSL people happy and UD people sad.

15. MadBacker Prime

Yeah, once Giants stadium is a parking lot that should open up a lot.

GS won't be a parking lot till 2011 right??

16. 17a_tailgater

its almost gone..
    here you can follow the destruction
    http://www.wcbs880.com/pages/4665106.php?

17. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

http://www.seatandrow.com/NFL/NewMeadowlands/LowerLevel/144.pdf

Look at his section, 144. All seats are 6k. Row one seat one is on the goal line. The whole aisle seat one is on the goal line except rows 8-13 by lower entraince which is pushed in. So seat one aisle rows 1-7 and seat one aisle rows 14 and back, maybe 1- six seats off that and maybe all of first three rows or so make sense to buy, nothing else

. But look at that section, it gets very wide at top and top seats are behind back of endzone way up in corner and still not under cover. The Jets sold the good seats in these sections and somehow no matter how hot jets or economy was would you pay 6k to sit in row 34 seat 30 way behind end zone, when row one seat one at goal line is also 6k? Even worse the aisle towards back of EZ enters from top with LLEZ people and then has to walk down. They can't even use the LL Sideline quick in and out entrances at row 7. This section I would say 75% of seats make no sense buying at 6K as they are not worth a nickle over the nearby 5k seats. Jets have too many sections like this where there are huge differences in value of seats yet all same price.

18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I think it sucks that most of the UD parking is one side and you guys can't park where you want and have to walk around the stadium to get to your seat. I have always parked in the Izod because we preferred to tailagate before the game and hated staying afterwards, waiting for the traffic to die down. I wanted to get home to watch some football. The walk to sec 314, which was on the north east side was 12 minutes using the catwalk. Now I am on the met life side, sec 319. I believe the cat walk lets you out near the east end zone which is close to where my new section is? Is that right, someone said even the met life side is gonna suck if you park at the Izod. Does anyone know? I can tell you, now that the Izod is not just an overflow, I am worried that all the room we used to have to spread out will be gone and getting out will be harder.

#7258 sec314, May 24, 2010
    Last edited: May 24, 2010
  19. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

The stadium is 3/4th's down already and that should be a parking lot by August 1st. Where the old stadium is is going to be Club/Suite parking. I believe that will be lot G or H.

I am a PSL holder but I too feel the Uppers got a little bit screwed. P should be for those who like to show up an hour prior to kickoff and don't tailgate. Make that crowd walk. For the diehard tailgaters though I believe that Lot K (where the "old" 13 was) should be for Upper Tier people as well. Remember, the PSL holders like myself CAN park in Orange lots if we so wish to do so by giving Lot K to the Upper Tier this would not hurt PSL'ers ability to park in any way.

I think if you're paying a PSL you deserve the first right to park closer than the non-PSL crowd, but the non-PSL crowd should've been given something in the state of New Jersey on that side of the stadium.

Just my $.02 anyways.

#7259 MurrellMartin, May 24, 2010
    Last edited: May 24, 2010
  20. MadBacker Prime

Oh, I thought the parking lot wouldn't be ready till 2011 but I guess that does make sense-