17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Good for your son and this is the most direct way of handling it, but I could see a lot of others being intimidated by the sales pitch and afraid of pissing off the rep. I suspect the calls are taking longer because the reps are putting the pressure on in such a way as to insinuate that things could go very well for you if you take something in the End Zone but pretty badly for you if you force him to give away one of his precious, highly-sought-after, non-PSL seats.

"Hey Charlie, don't forget now... use those crappy Uppers first to shake 'em up a little. Some of 'em have been balking after I tell them the only thing I have is Row 28, then I use that to push them into Row 12 in the End Zone. If they scream like hell and won't go for the End Zone, then screw 'em and give 'em Row 27 and tell 'em that's the best you can do."

I don't trust these bastards now as far as I could throw them, which, come to think of it, is pretty damn far right now considering how pissed I am.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Sorry I have no sympathy whatsoever for any season tix holder that succumbs to there pressure. In MHO it is a really very easy decision either pay thru the nose for a PSL or take whatever is available in the UD & pay NOTHING & wait for the dropping in price of the PSL in 2011 when they are free to be traded

3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I also went to Shea from NJ and If it ever took me 2.5 hrs. to get home from every game like the LI and Queens people, I would have bagged it to. I can deal with anything regarding tic holder, but traffic is not one of them.

4. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

it takes me 25 minutes from the meadowlands and 40 from flushing.definitely takes WAYYYYY TO LONG.

5. Section 227. Row 5

I take the Belt Parkinglot out to Mineola every time we go visit my mother-in-law. There is no way I would do that every Sunday to go to a game. The thing is totally unpredictable and an accident waiting to happen. In the old days, when we used to go to Shea, we used to take a series of trains. Can't even remember which ones now; I was always cold, wet and mostly intoxicated on the trips home.

From where I live in Jersey now it takes me 25-30 minutes to get home from the Meadowlands.

Just talked to the ticket office, trying to bust balls and pull a 17a. The call was a futile excersize, but then again I knew it would be... just figured I'd give it a try. Was informed I have to wait my turn unless, of course, I wanted "Club Seats."

Uh... yeah.... righhhhttttt.......

6. championjets69

If everything went PERFECTLY it would take me around 1 & 1/2 hours from my house to Shea via the the GSP, Goethels Bridge, SI expy, VN Bridge, Bklyn-Queens expy. I would leave my house @ 10 AM for a 1PM game. The ride back was a horror no matter what route was used. Once they moved to the M/lands it was a 45 minute ride up the GSP & NJ tpke & I used to depart my house around 11am for a 1PM game. Thankfully Hess got pissed @ NYC & moved the team which made my commute civilized

7. Section 227. Row 5

That was the routine if you were driving, although I tend to think if you were coming from Exit 117 on the Pkwy, you probably took the Outerbridge Crossing to SI. But maybe it wasn't built yet? Not sure.

For us, it was the Goethals to SI, then VN, then Belt. But like I say, we found the train out of Linden to be better because of parking, so we did the Newark to NY to LI transfer trains. The train was loaded with drunks, always.

I'd like to personally kick Woody's ass. He doesn't appreciate what Jets fans have been through.

8. coorslightcans

my brother in law has 8 tickets upper deck since 1985. he gave up 4 of them this year due to financial issues with his business. he has no interest in a psl seat yet he recieves calls weekly. we thought about upgrading to a psl seat but after reading all the fine lines in the contract we opted to stay put 1 more year.

it just isnt right man what woody johnson is doing to us longtime suffering fans.

9. jetbo

jetbo Member

35 yard line, Uppers, section 312, just off the Aisle, on Jets side of field, Since 1981

10. championjets69

Yep to many years out of the NY/NJ area it was the O/bridge not the Goethels

I took the train several times from Matawan to NYC then the trains to 42nd st & transfer to the #7 train to Shea. Going was OK since U knew what the schedule was but coming home was brutal on the NJT part since since several times I had to wait an hour or more for the train back to Matawan

#650 championjets69, May 12, 2009
    Last edited: May 12, 2009
  11. Section 227. Row 5

I specifically remember taking the train out to Shea when OJ Simpson was with the Bills and going for his 2,000-yard season. The weather was horrific that day... rain changing to sleet, then the sun went down and the wind picked up coming off the water. Lots of Bills fans there too.

OJ got his record and we got beat and the ride home on that train was absolutely miserable. The windows in the cars were steamed up because everyone was so wet. I was half hung over and of course, everyone smoked on the trains back then and I wound up with a head cold from freezing my ass off.

Comparing the new stadium to those days, somehow sitting in the Uppers now doesn't seem so bad, although the view from up there will be just as far away as it was at Shea.... maybe worse even. But I'm getting a little too old for all that rain and sleet nowadays. I was truly hoping for a retractable roof on the new stadium but OH NO..... real men don't sit under retractable roofs.

I suppose the yuppies that buy into the PSLs and get sprinkled on occasionally will be able to feel like he-men now, even though they have the shelter of the bar areas and main concourses to keep the rain off, but none of them will know what it was like to spend an entire Sunday cold and wet and commuting for hours just to root for their team.

12. championjets69

Well I used to subways since I rode them daily for many years during my years of living in Brooklyn & Queens so I may have been more used to it. I used to attend the games with my friend who had 2 seats in the UD that split the 50 yard line like 4 rows from the top & that was high really high but U cud see everything. I expect the new stadium seats to have that type altitude also, That is where I sat for the 68 AFL championship game vs Oak. Yes a dome wud have been better for the fans & I sure it is forthcoming with another PSL attached to it

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I hate the rain also, the Denver game was the worst in many years, but I would not get tickets if we had roof on it. I love going to games in the fall and winter and would hate the roof. Of couse, 10 years from now when i am a little older who knows? WHo cares if we get a super bowl, I only care if we are on it and the last place I would want the jets to play a super bowl is in NJ.

14. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Denver game I was wearing corderoy [sic] overalls, sweats, hooded sweatshirt, T-shirt, jersey, columbia jacket, rain poncho and rain pants, baseball hat and poncho hood, and I still got wet! My wallet didn't dry out for 3 days.

Worst experience of my life.

15. championjets69

For me was the OT KC game when the skies opened up & the water could not drain from the UD as fast as the rain was coming down

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The denver game was worse for me because I was prepared and still go soaked. THe falcons game back at shea was really bad plus we blow a 20-0 lead and lost and it rained like mad. Billy White Shoes ran one back. I worked the overnight on Friday, went to a dead show in Syracuse on Sat. night and the Jet game that Sunday. I slept 4 hrs. the whole weekend. You hear that Woody, thats what fans like me do year after year to support your team and I did not need a dry place with couches to enjoy it, just a seat and a bathroom

17. championjets69

My renters told me the Den game was pretty bad. The Atl game while I remember BWSJ destroying us I do not remmber the weather for that game

18. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

well champ where are your seats? did you buy a PSL too?

19. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I never went for the retractable roof idea myself, however they damn well could have designed a stadium with at least a good amount of seats under cover of some sort that isn't a dome or retractable roof. (Seattle, many others...) This fucker will have less seats under a roof than Giants Stadium. That's the ultimate "this new stadium sucks compared to what we had" FU to us, other than the money PSL deal. I had Loge Reserved @ Shea (covered) and covered Lowers since '84 at Giants Stadium so I'm not too happy about what I've got coming to me in this place sitting upstairs.

It's obvious that the seating was not designed with the majority of fans in mind, PSL seats or no PSL seats. It is a series of clubs and lounges with seats on their roofs. We get to sit on the roof. Even the PSL endzone Mezzanines will just be under cover in the last few rows. It's disgraceful. If I were a Giants fan I'd be pissed too. Many fans who were covered will no longer by covered, PSL or no PSL. They call this "state of the art"? Bullshit.

20. championjets69

No I certainly did not buy a PSL since I have far more valuable ways to spend my money then give it to Woody

If U are looking for midfield seats be prepared to be in rows above 20 that is what I can tell U at this moment. If there is no slipup on the NYJ side we wound up according to my son with 1st row sideline seats outside of the 30 yard line. We are awaiting the NYJs confirm of that via email. Yes we have the confirm they are in the upper prime

Have ur credit card ready as that is how U complete the transaction

#660 championjets69, May 12, 2009
    Last edited: May 12, 2009