17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

120 is Moonachie Rd, it runs between the east side of Giant Stadium and the west side of the I-Zod I am going to continue to park on the north side of the Izod, its a walk but getting out is a breeze if you go North.

#5441 sec314, Feb 22, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  2. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

the problem with tailgating over there is others trying to find your tailagte.and late arrivers having to walk over there b/c it not connected to any of the other parking lots.

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

PPI/AGT used to be near there, ever hear of it?

It was a printing/layout biz, worked there for years. Perfect place to work on the weekends if needed.

4. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

this is the issue.

5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

My guess is the General Admission lot on the SW side is where most of the Pepsi Corner will be rocking. It's the closest walk to the seats and wide open.

6. 17a_tailgater

you mean north west?

7. Section 227. Row 5

No, I mean SW, or really, WSW. The GA Parking is to the west and slightly to the south of the new stadium. Parking there will get you to Rte. 3 E and the TNPK.

8. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Actually, that is not correct. "120" is Paterson Plank Road. Moonachie Road is north of there. Moonachie Rd. is what Washington Avenue is called as it runs through Moonachie.

Washington Ave and Paterson Plank Rd. aka Rt. 120, run together between the stadium and the arena heading north, but they separate as you bear right, with 120/Paterson Plank Rd. looping over Washington Ave, then running behind the racetrack and eventually crossing Route 17.

Confusing, but check Google maps. It'll make sense.

9. Section 227. Row 5

Been trying like hell to get a map of the new parking lot. 17a or anybody, can you post one here? The map on Giants.com doesn't copy and the URL to it won't paste here as an image.

10. 17a_tailgater

http://www.nyg2010.com/ParkingMap.pdf

here is the link

i would get to 120N if i take 3east on to 120N? where is the Uturn?

11. Section 227. Row 5

Okay, thanks. I had the link, I just wanted to get that picture on the board so we could look at it. It won't post as a picture on here.

But anyway, I believe that map is oriented N-S... at least it sort of looks close to that. And you can see the GA parking to the WSW.

17a, why do you need to mess with 3 east to 120N? You're going down to 14, so just take Rte 3 E to TNPK South. No need to go north.

12. Section 227. Row 5

Damned Jets website doesn't even have a picture of the new parking lot yet like the Giants site has, so we have to go there to look at the new parking arrangement. That's because the little pricks are still trying to scare the hell out of anybody who doesn't want a PSL and telling them they'll be very, very far away from the stadium unless they buy one. What a bunch of bullshit.

13. 17a_tailgater

i have a hard on for that parking lot.it was a great tailgate for us against Cincy.but of course people could get over to there who where parking in other areas.the sidewalk areas are key and they look scarce amongst the GA parking.

14. LogeSection2RowJ

Not really - it's way too high to run a single flight of escalator. Remember, the previous field level was sunken and this one is taller. Can't expect a single escalator to reach the uppers. It'd have to start from the racetrack grandstand on one side, the Hackensack river on the other - BUT, read on...

I contacted the new stadium folks, as well as the company (Fujitec) who had the contract to install the escalators, in Indiana. A nice woman from the new meadowlands stadium group replied back today. Here's her words:

We have escalators located at each of the five main entrances as well as dedicated escalators in the premium entrances. The general admission escalators go from the plaza level to the 100 Concourse to the 200 Concourse to the 300 Concourse. This means that if you are seated on the 300 Level, you would take three escalators to access your seat.

Gotta love the designation "General Admission Escalators" LOL

Now, I realized it would probably take three escalators, but my question to her was more about what it takes to get to each one along the way, as I mentioned in my post. If they zig-zag you'd take a few steps, and up you go, but I think with these you need to walk back to make up the angle the escalator took to rise one level. In other words, walk back to the same spot you started, only a level higher. Is this unusual? I don't know, but I'm thinking this could suck when exiting the stadium when it's crowded.

I replied back to her immediately after receiving her email with that question, but alas, she hasn't written back again. I asked how far it is between access points. I doubt she ever thought about it or was asked before.

I am still waiting to hear back from the local Fujitec rep. I will report my findings.

Any escalator men out there to shed some insight? Not trying to start escalator-gate here, but now that I'll be "up there" I am curious. I could be thinking too much about it. Perhaps it's standard escalator procedure.

15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

thats a very good point loge... i doubt she will get back to you with a proper answer unless you send her a picture or something :)

16. JetsSec337Lot13B

I will hopefully be parking in lot 13/17 or was lot 13/17. It's right by the Giants practice field. Plenty of sidewalk area and easy to get to route 3 after the game. I will try to circle it on this map and upload an image later today or tomorrow if I can.

17. LogeSection2RowJ

I park and tailgate there now. We used to be near the 13B sign before they started moving it around. Now we aim for where the corner of the practice field fence juts out. That'll be a pretty long walk to the new place though. Ah, screw it. Who cares if it's another 20 yards. More time to finish that "walking beer".

That lot isn't bad to get to the TPK or 3 east either - you just split right when you get to the access road, and drive under and loop around 3. I even go that way to loop around to 120 and up Washington Ave, in order to head north. A little longer, but it moves.

18. LogeSection2RowJ

Update - The dude from Fujitec replied to my inquiry, but would not share details with me since it is not a completed project yet. They won't discuss works in progress. Maybe they think I will plot to sabotage it. :wink:

Well, I tried!

I urge other tour-takers to try to find out more. I suspect suck-ness.

19. 17a_tailgater

I assume the escalators will be like Shea stadiums.

Also I'm not worried about being close to the pike.I always get there early and I never leave right away.

20. JetsSec337Lot13B

I was upset that they moved that 13B sign around. I park along the curb and try to get an end spot on the curb so the grills are in one area and tents/tables etc are behind the cars. I'm usually online at 7:45 am for a 1 pm game waiting for them to let me in at 8 am.