17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2841 bigmehl, Sep 11, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Good job Carl, and thanks for sharing the latest info for us.

Some of the choices still available are interesting and I'm glad people can still get into the uppers. I'm in 342, Row 16 and I see that you could have had Row 21. Of course, you are talking 2 seats and I needed 4, so that presented it's own set of problems for me at the time too. But it's great to see that in the equivalent to my section on the other side of the 50 would be Section 335 and Row 21 is also available over there... not so bad to be on the 20-25 YL.

The "shady side," incidentally, is not really shady. The sun will still be there on your back instead of in your face, so I actually preferred that side. The parking looks more plentiful and a shorter walk also, but we can't be sure of that until we see the final layout.

So, you did very well for yourself. Youy're almost in the corner but you're in row 9! Congratulations and welcome to the Old Bastards Upper Deck Club.

3. Hofstra Jet

Hofstra Jet Active Member

GOT MY SEATS....

I got what i wanted as well. I dont have all the information, as I piggybacked with someone. I am in Section 229 Row 12. These are 4k PSL, and the last row of the first mezz section.

I AM PUMPED

4. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Congrats and Welcome!! It's nice to see fans buying these tix, I would hate going to games with a bunch of suits.

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

congrats on your seats.

6. Hofstra Jet

Hofstra Jet Active Member

thanks guys.. I have been reading this thread religiously. I know many are opposed to them. I only needed to buy 1, as I am stting with friends. I am so pumped.

7. z28lt1

z28lt1 New Member

Thanks for the update. Since he posted a good list of non PSL seats, I can say I was offered 247 Row 7, middle, row 11 aisle, and I think similar type steasts in 223. From a lower level endzone, we could get and of the corner 5k PSL seats, higher rows for aisle seats. We ended up corner lower endzone, right on the aisle of the price break of the 10k PSL seats, row 32. We didn't want to be too low down there. On the sunny side, we could have goten similar seats, but a few rows up and a few seats off the aisle.

8. MadBacker Prime

Congrats on the tickets!!

Aren't both sides sunny depending on the time?

9. Section 227. Row 5

The deeper you get into the bowl, the greater the chance of sitting in the shade if you're on the west side of the stadium. And, of course, if you're under an overhang, you're definately in the shade.

In the uppers, it'll pretty much be sun all the time for a 1PM game and which side your seats are on will determine whether you have it to your back or to your face (or on either side for EZ seats).

My current seats in the Mezz are always in the shade. Thats' great for hot weather games but that concrete is cold as hell for those Nov-Jan games.

10. MadBacker Prime

Shit! I completely forgot to check into this before I made my choice. I remember for a game last year I thought I was going to freakin melt. I'm off to investigate this now.

11. JetsSec337Lot13B

Got my call 8:30 this morning. I had requested that though and have emailed my rep often to get updates and stay in contact. I am a teacher so I had to get back to my class but I chose section 346 row 15 on the aisle so the section over from me is $105 tickets. I would have tried to find out more information to share here but I was pressed for time. I was pretty much told most of the sidelines were gone. I knew some people sitting around me had also moved to section 346 and I was able to get seats near them. I could have had a row as low as 12 but more toward section 347. If I wanted toward 345 I could have gotten row 13 a few seats in but I really wanted aisle and was willing to sacrifice 2 rows. I could have had section 345 row 12 or section 344 row 15 but didn't want to pay an extra $10 a game. The lowest row I was told of though was row 12. I've sat in section 337 for the past 19 years so I will have the same view just a hell of a lot higher than the past. At least I know the guy who leads the cheers in my section now will still be near mein 2010.

12. JetsSec337Lot13B

Also does anyone know how I can upload a link to here? Read a good article a few weeks ago about the Redskins suing season ticket holders who cannot pay for their tickets and signed 10 year contracts.

13. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

there is a thread about this already

14. jetsyoung

jetsyoung New Member

Check out the link on the row 1 thread - the Jets and Findel were in cahoots on the PSL "purchase"!!!!

15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

can you direct me to it? i havent seen it in this forum but will go looking in the nfl forum.

16. Section 227. Row 5

This shouldn't be surprising. Sign a contract to pay the complete amount of the PSL, including interest, regardless of whether or not you financed it over a period of time. Don't make your payments and you are subject to be sued. Court costs and Jets' attorney's fees and interest on uncollected funds included.

Additionally, if you default on any of the terms (such as by not paying for this year's season tickets), you can also be sued for breach of contract and similarly lose all monies previously paid plus costs associated as outlined above.

In other words, pay for your PSLs and tickets or Woody gets to fuck you twice.

17. alleycat9

and in the meantime fuck your credit.

hey mehl if throwing away 2200 bucks is not a big deal please throw it my way.

18. jetsyoung

jetsyoung New Member

Nice seats - enjoy!!

19. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

Would you like it wired to your Swiss Bank Account ?? :smile:

I'm not saying an on the spot outlay of $2200 isn't daunting. But in the context of the scenario 227 laid out - future investments , interests and obligations - I surely hope $2200 won't make a difference.

20. alleycat9

this was the article someone was talking about earlier posted by nyjetsrule in the nfl forum.

nobody wants a swiss bank account anymore :)

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/blog/ro...ned;_ylt=AtYge.MnO.iUHSziQPX0wvJDubYF?urn=top, 187128

I've generally stayed out of the fray when the topic is Dan Snyder. The man is a new-age mogul with new-age ways that don't always sit well with us old-school types. (Consider him the NFL's Mark Cuban, without the need to let us know what's on his mind every single waking moment.) What do I care if the Washington Redskins owner seems to know nothing about running a successful NFL franchise?

As long as he's not hurting anyone, he's not worth the bother.

Well, according to a well-reported story in the Washington Post, now he's hurting people. Even worse, people who love the 'Skins.

People like Pat Hill, a 72-year-old real estate agent who's been devastated by the collapse of the housing market.

Like Randy Clarno, 51, a developer who was forced to lay off 20 employees.

Like 37-year-old Rodney Hubbard, who lost his salesman job at a car dealership.

Like Dennis Butts, 62, a contractor who once even worked at the 'Skins headquarters.

Synder is hurting these people (and many others) by suing them because – due to various economic circumstances not unlike millions of other Americans are enduring – they could no longer afford their multi-year season-ticket contract and often would agree to a "settlement" they also could not afford.

According to the Post, Synder's Wfi Stadium Inc. sued 125 ticket holders for a total of $3.6 million, winning $2 million in judgments from 34 ticket holders, most of whom couldn't afford an attorney and subsequently didn't show up in court.

The judgement against Hill, who had a 10-year ticket agreement, was $66,364. Clarno lost a judgment for $80,837. Hubbard, $71,000. And Butts, who had four Touchdown Club seats, a whopping $209,351.

This is unconscionable. Where is the outrage over this injustice? Where is Roger Goodell?!

The Redskins' general counsel, David Donovan, bravely spoke to the Post and addressed each of the individuals in the story. He added that suing is a last resort used only against a minuscule portion of the team's 20,000 annual premium seat contract holders. "For every one we sue, I would guess we work out a deal for half a dozen."

I fully understand that many season-ticket holders throughout sports stretch their wallets too far in order to satisfy their passion for their favorite team – just as millions of foreclosed homeowners bought houses they could not afford.

No doubt some of these 'Skins fans were guilty of such blindness, swayed in the midst of the same flush times that caused many of us to make foolish (or at least risky) financial choices.

Still, these times call for more compassionate action, especially by sports franchises, which, unlike banks, have a long-term relationship with their "customer" – often a die-hard, lifelong relationship.

Indeed the Post contacted several teams that said they did not sue fans over season ticket contracts: Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Green Bay Packers, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, New York Giants and Jets, Seattle Seahawks and Tennessee Titans.

The New England Patriots and Chicago Bears confessed that they have sued ticket holders. Seven teams declined to comment and others simply did not respond the reporter.

At worst, beleaguered ticket holders should be able to walk away from their ducats without future obligations. Particularly in the NFL where there's rarely an empty seat in the place. In most cities, there will be another willing fan to pay the freight.

To sue a down-on-their-luck fan in the midst of this economic tsunami is perhaps the greatest breach a team can make with its fans.

And that's something no sports team or league can afford right now.