11 pm Press Conference on SNY and ESPN

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Jan 8, 2013.

1. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

lol - that is pretty awesome

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Lot of you guys in this thread are jokes and have no idea, seriously no damn clue.

"Hey let's say we want the same offense!!"
    "Hey Sanchez won't be on the roster so stop asking that!"

WHAT DO YOU WANT THEM TO SAY??

I wouldn't have had this damn PC because of a joke posters AND media are.

3. jaybny

jaybny Banned

I agree 100%... remember that "Romney winning the election is more important than the Jets winning". Woody is terrible. He IS the problem!

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm guessing they went with the style because they had no personnel for an uptempo offense. Look at the Jets roster as of last June and tell me what it was good for on the offensive side of the ball?

5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Meyers is such a DOUCHE

6. NewYorkEveryThing

You now what's funny about the tattoo? Is that when you get a sexy chick tattoo. They usually are wearing some kind of high heal or shoe. His tattoo the chick has no shoes on. Did anyone else notice that?

7. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who liked this press conference? Neither guy said anything dumb. They said that they aren't backing Sanchez. They admitted that we can no longer have a one dimensional offense. They addressed the Pettine issue. They refused to give ridiculous details which would give out other teams too much information.

8. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Jane McManus ‏@janesports
    Ryan on tattoo: "Obviously is Sanchez doesn't play better that number is changing," Rex has had the tattoo for 3 years.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Rex on tattoo: "There's a question if it's a real tattoo or not. I'll keep you guessing... " #Nyj

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Rex on tattoo: Laughs. I've had it going on 3 yrs. If Sanchez doesn't play better, that number is changing. #Jets

Jane McManus ‏@janesports
    Ryan said his wife to him is the most beautiful woman in the world. #Awwww

Chris Nimbley ‏@Cnimbley
    Rex laughs about tattoo, says it's three years old. Jokes that Sanchez has to play better or obviously the # will change." #IFeelDirtyAgain

9. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

All he said was that he's had the tattoo for like three years and that he loves his wife and that he thinks she's the most beautiful woman in the world and that if Sanchez doesn't play better the number will change.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Because the NFL has a policy, which they could have ducked given the circumstances, but they decided to belatedly honor it.

11. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

This...We can only hope that this team succeeds in spite of Woody.

12. akibud

akibud Active Member

they had 4 yrs to assemble the personnel that they wanted offensively. Starting with the first draft where they took Sanchez. He never looked like a strong armed cold weather gun slinging QB in his limited college career

13. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Another waste of time. Just a bunch of BS non-answers.

14. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

After that we all know about as much as we did yesterday.

15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Thanks. I was hoping he'd draw a 2 in front of the 6 making it an Ellis Lankster jersey and show up to the presser in a sleeveless. Lol still love RR

16. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

What did you guys expect? Without a GM no roster questions can be answered. Without an OC, no offensive questions can be answered. That's why a lot of people on here didn't care we missed the NFL deadline or rule for end of year press conference, there is nothing to report

17. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

i dont understand the backlash in this thread.

I thought Rex did a good job and was happy to hear him say he needs to have more of an effect on the offense from a mentality standpoint. 4 years yes, but better now than not at all.

I think it was a good PC by both.

18. akibud

akibud Active Member

Based on Ryan's own statement that we were embarrassed last year and we will not be embarrassed next year, shouldn't he finally get fired next year if we get embarrassed again?

19. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

BS. We know that Sparano is gone, that the GM will have the overall authority in making personnel decisions and that we are wide open at the QB position, regardless of the money that's owed to Sanchez. Additionally, Rex wants an offense that's as "bad ass" and "punch you in the mouth" as he believes the defense to be. This last one is a complete shift in philosophy away from being a team that wins because of a strong defense and an offense that just tries not to fark things up.

20. For many of you there was basically nothing that could've been said at the PC that would satisfy. Anything the jets say or do is taken in its worst possible context. If they say too much it's a circus..if they are tight lipped they aren't giving up any info & it's a waste of time. What do you people want?

Additionally, isn't it possible that Woody just isn't a great speaker? There arealot of owners who are great behind the scenes but are not articulate or captivating in front of the press.