Would you trade a 4th round pick for Josh Gordon?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfannerd, Jul 6, 2014.

1. jetfannerd

jetfannerd Trolls

I think he can be had at a bargain. Do I expect him to contribute this year? No, but he will be back in the NFL in 2015.

I would invest a 4th round pick in him-- and sign him to an incentive/team friendly extension. This guy was the best WR in the league last year--Use 2014 as a "redshirt" season. I would also consider teaming up with A&E to do "intervention".

2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

[​IMG] I would give them 5 snails for him.

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Is this a joke?

The guy was suspended for the entire year and while wanting to fight his suspension, he got arrested for a DWI now. And you want this guy? Fuck no. Stay away. Far away.

LogeSection2RowJ likes this.
  4. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

Why would you trade for a guy who won't have a career in the NFL?

He has an extreme marijuana habit, and would rather get high than get paid like a Fortune 500 CEO to play football. (He would have had he finished out his contract and not gotten suspended or arrested. He'd have had a $100m+ career, not counting the sneaker deal he'd get from Nike/Adidas/Reebok, etc.)

But no, he'd rather get high. I can't comprehend it, especially given that there is no offseason testing, meaning he could use drugs all he wants for half the year and have no chance of getting caught unless arrested.

And he just got a DWI. I think this guy is an alcoholic. You'd think if you got suspended for a year, you'd spend the entire time working out and going to a twelve step program working with a sponsor- not go out and get a DWI.

I think we should learn our lesson from Mike Goodson and avoid this kind of player. Besides, we need every roster spot we have.

5. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Do you like wasting good draft picks for trash? I thought so.

6. DJ WOO Child

DJ WOO Child New Member

That is to rich for my blood..... The highest I would go is a sixth round, but I would still worry about him, he is a Habitual smoker (which I personally believe should be allowed but that's for a different day) it seems he also may be hittin the bottle to much as well. With that I feel a six round would be a good enough risk reward....

7. lamont_jordan_rules

Would t trade NE's 1st rounder

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This guy should not be allowed to start threads.

Zach likes this.
  9. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Why trade a pick? He's done in the NFL for now. Wait until after he's released, goes to rehab, repents, and puts his life back together. Then we sign him and keep our draft pick.

10. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Gordon was sick on the field smh... Too bad. Lol but damn y y'all calling that man an alcoholic? He got a DUI before??

11. The Waterboy

One person called him an alcoholic, he may not yet be an alcoholic but it remains to be seen what he becomes. What is true is that he is a complete moron who doesn't deserve to be on the field. What does it matter that he was "sick on the field" if he can't get back on the field?

12. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

He is clearly not ready to play football professionally. No one will touch him until he gets some serious help and proves that he wants to play football.

13. JetLifeLo

Sorry for commenting on his football skills.

14. The Waterboy

Well his football skills mean nothing right now because he will probably not be seeing an NFL field for the next year or so.

15. milo

milo Well-Known Member

If we trade a 4th for Gordon and a 5th for Justin Blackmon we could have the best receiver tandem in the CFL.

#15 milo, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  16. Innocenti

Innocenti Active Member

Yeah but he did it all with such verve.

17. JetLifeLo

I feel u... I wouldnt trade for him either if thats what it seemed like i was hinting at, was just a fan of his last season. Sad bc this was the year i was gonna say the browns finally breakout as a team

18. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Yeah I want no part of him, but it's a sad story (and not just because he won me two fantasy leagues last year single handedly). I hope he gets some help, or at least shares his stash with Browns fans - dunno how much more those poor bastards can take...

JetLifeLo likes this.
  19. The Waterboy

I think this last incident he could have added a drive by shooting to, then we could say he did it with verve. It was missing just a little to take it over the top.

20. milo

milo Well-Known Member

But honestly, that right there is what makes him different than a Goodson to me. I don't think the guy is malicious, he's just seriously fallen down the rabbit hole.

Some guys just flat out can't handle what comes with this level of fame.