Special Appreciation Thread for Tanner Purdum

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by forevercursed, Sep 2, 2017.

1. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

And he deserves one at such a critical yet underappreciated position. Lots of die hard fans would probably not even recognize the guy or remember his role on the team when seeing him on the sidelines. A lot like an offensive lineman, you often don't recognize him until something really bad happens.

Here's the interesting, and almost mind blowing statistic regarding Purdum

He's been our long snapper since 2010. He had never been charged with a bad snap or a penalty. He did his job and he did it perfectly.

Sometime in the future we're going to be lining up for a critical FG or punt to try and pin a team back...and the ball will suddenly whiz over the holders head, or punters and out of the endzone. And we're going to wonder why we ever let Purdum go.

2. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Thank you Purdum for a job done well throughout your long tenure here!

Would be great to keep him to coach up Hennessey, so we can have our next long term successful snapper.

RIPJimLeonhard likes this.
  3. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

7 years. 0 penalties. 0 errant snaps.
    So let's cut him.
    He couldn't have been making a lot of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIPJimLeonhard likes this.
  4. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

confuses me a little bit how we kept one kicker because he was a veteran and provided more "security" but moved on from our basically perfect LS for a rookie? Like the philosophy of the team is all over the place, I like the Richardson trade, haven't like the next couple of roster moves following it though; but that's often how it goes, one good move in between a dozen questionable ones.