Woody's Reaction tonight

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by wildaces, Dec 18, 2012.

1. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Woody Johnson, walking past locker room, to reporters: "I'll talk to you guys after the season." Keeps walking. #Jets

I mentioned before I believe Tannenbaum is the reason that Rex stuck with Sanchez, as Tanny and Sanchez are linked. It was Tanny's pick. Tanny did not have a real back up for Sanchez, ever. Then he brought in Tebow.

You tell me how Rex could do anything here. If they pull Sanchez, and Tebow sucks Tanny looks even worse. If they start McElroy, Tanny looks even worse.

Reading between the lines, heads are going to roll.

Thoughts?

2. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Tannenbaum is gone.

Sanchez is gone.

Rex stays.

3. DanR

DanR Active Member

Please stop making excuses for Rex. You make it sound like he's defenseless little child.

4. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

I wouldnt be surprised to see us clean house on the coaching staff/ GM. I personally love Rex but this ground and pound offense is simply not working, especially with Marks inability to manage the game the last two seasons.

We need to bring in a Vet QB next season, have him battle with Mark for a starting job, hire an entirely new staff, and get as many offensive pieces as we can for this team.

If Mark or the temporary vet doesnt work out next year, we go into rebuild mode in 2014 and completely start over. New QB, new RB, continue with the new staff, and move on.

5. The Swamp

The Swamp New Member

You must not have seen the game last night (it's past midnight). Please stop it! He needs to be cut and there are no other options after that performance.

6. The_Fan

The_Fan New Member

Can the Jets go after Kirk Cousins from the Redskins for a QB?

He might be worth looking at

7. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

For sure Tannenbaum goes they need a real football guy in here to get some talent to help this team. Tannenbaum is too cheap and takes too much personally. He should have kept Edwards and Cotchery never should have bought in Burress and Mason. His drafts are hit and miss. Revis, Mangold and Ferguson great. This year we are only getting production from Coples. We are not that talented to whiff on 6 picks in a draft. I'm hoping Bill Polian comes on board and it should be done as soon as possible because the Chargers will be looking for a GM too.

8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Thats why the skins drafted kirk. It was calculated,they drafted him in the 4th round but could get 2nd or 1st rounders back.

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Unless Cowher is coming or Gruden...The Jets are sticking with Rex.

Tanny, Sporano, Cavanaugh, Sanchez are all gone, they need to go

10. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Battle with Mark? "BATTLE"??? Are you fucking kidding me? Put some pads on the goddamn waterboy and just tell him hand off every play, and we'd be better off.

What are you smoking??

11. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Rex is a good coach and his philosophy about ground and pound can work. The Jets don't have the personel. I think Tanny is gone after this season. I can see Sparano staying one more year, maybe they go with a young guy from the Ravens or Giants organization.

12. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

When you have a QB that runs alot you need a good backup behind him because he's going to miss at least portions of games due to injury.

No way they trade an effective and cheap backup to RGIII.

13. barkus

barkus Well-Known Member

I would be ok with this. Give Rex a league average qb and this team can win 10 games.

14. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Somebody should have threw a shoe at Woody.

15. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Do you have a Boss? nufsaid

16. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

No but you dont draft a Qb in the 4th roud, if you drafted one in the first either.

I honestly felt o draft night, that shanahan wanted kirk more than rg3. Its kinda wierd,

17. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

I'm hoping for firing the GM, firing Sparano, bringing in an offensive coordinator to completely take the team's offensive philosophy out of Rex's hands and then let a veteran QB compete with McElroy while Sanchez enjoys his last season in the NFL as an overpaid un-cuttable bench-riding afterthought.

18. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

After further review, unless Norv Turner comes I think Sporano stays. Get a decent QB, and see how he does then.

19. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Revis and Sanchez for Cousins? I know people on here live and breath Revis, but could you package Sanchez and get rid of him? an A and a D Makes a C+, and that is right about what Cousins is?

20. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

He arguably fell in the draft (he was projected a mid-2 to 3rd rounder I believe) and Shanahan needed anyone other than Grossman or Beck. The pick made a lot of sense and, IMO, had more to do with WASH's depth chart than anything else.