With all do respect, Screw D'brick MERGED

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ViLmAfAn5128, Apr 18, 2006.

1. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

We are just bringing in a barrage of Offensive Lineman, we no longer need a LT as bad as a 4th overall pick, hopefully, if there's any truth to us signing anthony clement, that is the end of me looking at mock drafts, and seeing jets taking D'brick at #4

2. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

You got that right. I was against brick from the start, but there is no way he is being drafted now.

3. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

Here here. Well spoken, well said.

4. ess-dog

ess-dog New Member

We brought in 2 guys how are average at best, journeyman type of players.

D'Brick is a beast with all pre written all over him.

5. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

People are stupid...I can understnad if you prefer a different player, but to say D'Brick wouldn't be a tremendous upgrade is just stupid.

6. k.Rhodes25

k.Rhodes25 New Member

i doubt well even be in position to draft him since NO needs a pass blocker to keep drew brees alive. and if we were id draft mario williams over him or trade down

7. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

The term is "with all DUE respect"....

and if you think we are not taking him because we signed Anthony Clement, then you are showing D'Brick NO respect.

8. 10nyjets87

10nyjets87 New Member

I believe that we are only as good as our offensive line on the Offense side of the ball. Right now Clement and Teague are not Great players. Average at best. Kendall Moore and Jones are good players, but we need a star linemen.

9. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

Let D'Brick be an average run blocker for someone else's team. Oh I forgot he's a LEFT tackle and doesn't have to run block.

Maybe he can cut weight in a few years and go back to TE.

10. Chadwick I

Chadwick I Member

I think that this signing may preclude the Jets from drafting D'Brick. I posted this on another thread.

11. 10nyjets87

10nyjets87 New Member

most of the clips they showed on espn of D'brick was him run blocking, and he was mauling them at the line.

12. phatnols

phatnols Member

this is retarded Clement or Pearson as a starter would be death

Not that I like it or not but if Ferg is our top player ranked when we pick #4 he will be our pick

just like if Mangold is our top ranked player at 29 or 35 he will be our pick who cares about the treague signing

13. Jets1028

Jets1028 New Member

i would have to say that D-Brick would be a BIG asset to our Offense, but Really if you have the opportunity to draft Leinart at #4 you take him, but if he is gone take D-Brick you will probably be better off with D-Brick than with Cutler or Young, D-Brick will most likely adapt better in the NFL than Cutler and Young.

14. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

Agreed. From day 1 I haven't liked D'Brick because of the Adrian Jones thing and the fact that he will be a liability in the running game. This guy is going to be a good LT, but not Walter Jones/Orlando Pace-like. I'd prefer to go in a different direction at 4 with the depth we now have and then address OT with either the 29 or the 35.

15. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

If this guys a solid average player I think I could live with him starting. Theres many teams in the NFL that dont have stars on the oline but just solid players and their still good.

16. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

Well if we're looking for a player that is going to adapt the best to the NFL, AJ Hawk is the pick without second thought.

#16 DonnieIsTheKing, Apr 18, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2005
  17. Jets1028

Jets1028 New Member

A.J Hawk will have a great career in the NFL, but in terms of Offense with our pick a number 4 we need players that will be able to start as soon as possible, Pennington is a great QB but are you going to take another chance with him especially after a offseason where he had another shoulder surgery? At 4 if lienart is available take him he will be the quarterback out of this years draft who will adapt the best and he will be ready to take some snaps this season, and Ramsey i still think he needs work, cant see him be that sucessful here.......

If Leinart is not Available take D-Brick because you can count on him to start this season and have a pretty good rookie season, that is why i think D-Brick or Leinart will be a great assett to this team,

I have also noticed that we picked up most of our Defenders in Free Agency, which means one of two things

1) We are looking at young guys for our offense and in this years draft will we will obtain mostly big solid Offensive players...

2) This year will be another Defense of built year in which we will take big named D players and hope pennington will succeed with his arm, it was unsucessful before and it will not work again...we need some young players on offensive in which we get them in te draft,

Like i said D-Brick or Leinart will do just fine in their NFL careers and will adapt the best, and one of them will do wonders for the JETS

18. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

With all due respect, if you used proper grammar in the title, maybe I'd listen to what you have to say. Hint: I'd listen because you wouldn't have sounded like a moron.

D'Brick is a quality pick. He fills a need and he would also most likely be the best player left on the board.

#18 DevTeam, Apr 18, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2005
  19. 1028

1028 Active Member

At 4 we sit pretty and draft BPA, my own order being

1-Reggie Bush
    2-Matt Leinart
    3-Mario Williams
    4-Vernon Davis

20. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

YES YES YES, I PRAY THAT WE GET EITHER VERNON DAVIS OR VINCE YOUNG!!