Why DeBrickashaw Ferguson?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Apr 30, 2006.

1. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I was out all day yesterday, but I kept getting updates on the Draft. A friend of mine went home to get $, came back and said the Jets took DeBrickashaw. All I said was WHAT THE F*CK! ... Leinart was avaible, why didn't we take a chance with him? Instead we get the 1st round, 4th pick, and we take a Tackle. I know we need one to protect our QBs, but I mean c'mon! We can get a Tackle later on, and I am sure he would be good.

And then I find out we didn't get Cutler. Makes it all better :(

... Hopefully picking DeBrickashaw turns out good.

2. djackson75

djackson75 New Member

Kellen Clemens is the greatest QB in the history of organized american football.

#2 djackson75, Apr 30, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2005
  3. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

A franchise LT is almost as important as a franchise QB which is why LT's have the 2nd highest salary out of any position. It is also much safer. Plus we still may have gotten our future Franchise QB with Clemmons

4. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Lets think on this for a second .....we drafted THE best tackle and THE best centre of the draft........did I miss something?

5. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

Because we are the New York Jets we dont pick quality superstar players thats why we chose D-Brickashaw.

6. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

Yes great move when we needed a QB.Today it makes less sense.

7. kingdavid88

kingdavid88 New Member

u pick the lt because the jets are trying to win it the right way. lets say you do pick a qb...the jets did not have the line to block for him. now the jets are building things from the ground up. espically with the addition of mangold

8. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Because with no line, Leinart would have been Chad Pennington in terms of injuries.

#8 Jetfanmack, Apr 30, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2005
  9. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

We didnt need a QB-the Jets have a winning record when Pennington is in and if hes not Ramsey played well at the end of last season for the Skins

10. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Well I suppose we could take Leinart/Cutler to the hospital on the same cart.

Mangini has to build a team and there is absolutely no sense in drafting a franchise QB if we can't keep him healthy/alive

11. djackson75

djackson75 New Member

Please explain how picking one of the top QB's would have made sense when he would have only had 1 second to make a read and throw since we have no O-line....

And please tell me how it makes sense when in the end we shored up our O-line for the next 10 years and still drafted our future QB..

I'm just curious..

12. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

did you not see what our adjusted sack rate was for last season, I don't know exactly what is was, but it was close to last in the league

13. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

DBrick is a stud thats why we took him. I rather have a stud at LT who will never allow a sack rather than a great QB. It all starts up front with the oline.

14. Joe Walton Sucks

Joe Walton Sucks New Member

I agree Ferguson is going to be great, but we could of went OL in the later rounds and also grab a potential franchise QB or a playmaking LB (AJ Hawk) or a TE (Vernon Davis).
    W. Justice was there at 35 and I'm sure he will stack up right there with Ferguson. I love to be an optimist but again the Jets let us down big time. There afraid to be good I guess? I hate to be a darksider but there's a reason why they always stink for the most part. They just don't know how to draft. Case in point QB Clemens, I hope he turns into Favre but please tell me the last Jets QB that was drafted after RD 1 that had any productivity? Never!! With that said at least we'll have a great O line although ask the KC Chiefs fans how they feel. Best OL in NFL. When was the last time they went to the playoffs?

15. 1028

1028 Active Member

That had nothin to do with their o-line, it was because their defense stunk it up. Hopefully we can fix ours

16. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

I agree Ferguson is a MONSTER the pick was not a fan favorite but a football logical pick.Is this guy Kellen Clemens that good?

17. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

The more i hear about Kellen... i'm lovin the pick

18. Joe Walton Sucks

Joe Walton Sucks New Member

1028, the reason why KC's D is so bad is cause they have a lot of their $$$ tied up on OL. The exact same direction that we're heading. Also w/ the loss of ABE our D will stink next year. B Thomas drafted over Ed Reed is just an example of many mistakes that NYJ made. Please guys stop defending Gang Green there's a reason why we're never great. It all starts w/ the draft and we blew it again.

19. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

We have two of the highest paid D Lineman in the league in DRob and Ellis and you implied that letting Abe now one of the top paid D lineman in football leave for a No. 1 pick was a mistake. Which is it tie up all our money on the D Line or the O line? D'Brick will probably be cheaper than Abe so we spread some money from the D line to the O line. Mawae was a former pro bowl over paid blow out at center who is now being replaced with a young player who will probably cost less. It looks like we actually spread out our cap along both lines rather than have it all along the D line like it was last year.

20. daking231

daking231 Member

If Ferguson is not like Pace, Odgen or Jones it is a wasted pick IMO. only time will tell how good this pick is.