Who will win the roster spot?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dwalsh, Jun 18, 2006.

?

Who will get the last QB roster spot?

1. Patrick Ramsey

40 vote(s)
    46.5%
  2. Brooks Bollinger

18 vote(s)
    20.9%
  3. Neither (both get cut)

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  4. Bolth (both make team)

26 vote(s)
    30.2%
  1. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Who do you guys think will win the last QB roster spot?

#1 dwalsh, Jun 18, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2005
  2. Capt. Spaulding

Capt. Spaulding New Member

Interesting ?. Prior to the mini's I thought Pat was a lock. But after hearing and reading about the progression of Clemens and due to the play of Brooks last year(the dude really took one for the team) I had to vote Brooks. Might be able to get something for the one who doesn't stick around.

3. BIG TYMER

BIG TYMER Banned

I say Brooks. Atleast he's shown some moxy and confidence in camp. I've heard about him making some good throws and I've heard nothing but bad things about Ramsey.

4. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

I can't see the Jets cutting Ramsey because they gave up a 6th rounder for him, when yet Bollinger is the odd-man out here.

I can't see why we won't keep 4 QBs on the roster. I'm sure Penny will be injured at some point during the year...and it's not like it's costing us a ton to keep Bollinger...but I guess he'd probably want to leave if he's the 4th string QB, where he could potentially go to another team and be a backup.

5. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I see Brooks being put on the practice roster and being taken fairly quickly by another team because he is good enough to be on a set roster but Clemens was drafted relatively high to cut and has looked good so he will stay. Ramsey has a whole training camp to look better and he has looked good for Washington before, and has abilities that Brooks just does not have, so Pat basically has to screw up all of training camp to get cut in my opinion. EIther way, whoever goes, be it Brooks or Pat, they'll end up on another team quickly.

Hell, Brooks could probably start for Buffalo.

6. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I can see them cutting Ramsey, because he sucks and as for Penny I think he can stay healthy with a better oline, and he has much more time to get ready and is already on schedule this year unlike last year when he was thrown out there not ready at all

7. daking231

daking231 Member

this 1 seems easy to me.... its Ramsey.

8. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

Ramsey > Brooks

Sorry guys but Bollinger isn't the next Tom Brady.

9. BIG TYMER

BIG TYMER Banned

And you think Ramsey is? Nobody is saying Brooks in the next Tom Brady, but he's a more adequate #3 than Ramsey if you ask me. Ramsey has proven nothing with the Skins and he's looked lost so far in mini camp.

Why do people think Tangini will hold on to Ramsey over Bollinger just because we gave up a 6th round pick to get him? Mangini is gonna keep the best players on the squad. So far from what I've heard, Ramsey has been the least impressive QB in camp.

10. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

Ramsey has shown that he is an above average #2 in this league and will make a very good #3. In the worst case scenario, Ramsey is extremely durable and I'd like to keep him around so we don't have Vinny playing QB for us next year.

The entire talk last year was how Brooks was the next Tom Brady. I know it was as a joke, like my comment was. I would love to keep him around as well, but as the "young QB with a future" he has already been passed by Clemens. Keeping a second veteran around would be better IMO so Ramsey should stay, even though I'd love to keep the two of them on the roster.

11. azjet

azjet New Member

Clemens hasn't played a down of competitive football in nearly 16 months and that was against a college team. What indications do you have that Mangina will start a rookie QB who hasn't taken a hit in anger yet? Does Belichek have a history of starting rookies? If you start him it's like Bradshaws start and I don't think he's Bradshaw.

12. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

ramsey is not going to get cut, hes basically the starter unless Chad proves hes back in form

13. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

probably ol noodle arm :wink: , unless they get smart and start clearing future cap space.:grin:

14. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I voted that they both would stay.

15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Brooks isn't that bad. He made chocolate milk out of plain milk last year with nothing around him, and showed some signs. He's shifty in the pocket and can move.

I like him more than Ramsey, only we're not cutting Ramsey at all. So Bollywood is the odd man out.

16. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Somehow I predicted this thread.

They both suck but I think we'll keep em both for depth.

Clemens and Penny are the clear future though.

17. nightowltom

nightowltom New Member

I think that given the Pennington situation the Jets will keep 4 quarterbacks.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I really hope so.

19. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

All will be on the roster

They will all be on the roster unless there is an injury. NE carried 4 QBs Brady's rookie year the Jets will as well.

For the life of me I don't see how anyone could think we will cut any of them. Especially if you consider next year. Ramsey is a big question mark and only under a one year contract. Pennington's health is still uncertain and even if he does come back, his durability is suspect. If anything was proven last year is that even with 3 healthy QBs you can get in trouble. Looking to next year, if Ramsey is a bust and Penny does not come all the way back, both will be gone. That leaves only Brooks and Kellen going into next year. Cut Bollinger and you might have only Kellen as a viable QB. The Jets will not take that risk. All 4 will be on the roster this year. There will be no cut.

#19 johnnysd, Jun 19, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2006
  20. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I picked Bollinger. The only way I think Ramsey sticks around is if we keep both. Manigini has already said he has no problem carrying 4 QBs, so that is still a strong possibility. However, Ramsey has already shown that Washington wasn't just a fluke.

Giving up a 6th for him was no big deal, and doesn't automatically give him a roster spot. Hell, 6th rounders get cut in camp all the time, so it's not like we lost a big pick. Ramsey was brought in for insurance before the draft, long before Clemmens was on the radar. I would much prefer to have Bolly as the #3 behind Penny and Clemmens. BB wasn't any "second coming" last year, but he did much more with much less than Ramsey ever did.