What happened to Coles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sect120, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Sect120

Sect120 Member

I thought the idea was to resign him after the first game. Did I miss the announcement? It would seem that the WR needs some help out there.

2. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

For whatever reason, they decided to resign Clowney. I think they probably figure that, if Joe Namath is going to keep dissing us on Twitter, we ought to have the right sort of talent on the roster to combat that.

3. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Probably the FO thinks highly of the OT (Brown) and the DT/DE (Dixon) we acquired through waivers and isn't willing to let one of the mgo to make room for Coles.

I would've preferred Coles to Clowney but who knows what happened... maybe COles didn't want to come back only to be cut after Holmes' suspension is over...

4. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I've been hearing rumors that Coles is contemplating retirement. I don't think the CS would choose Clowney if there wasn't some truth to that.

5. Jet Zero

Jet Zero New Member

If I remember correctly, didn't Coles say after he was cut that he wasn't sure he'd want to come back? Said he didn't need the money and didn't want to become a journeyman player like that.

6. Big Derty

Big Derty Active Member

They dont need help, they need a QB that can throw the ball. Its not the fault of any of the WR's that they were only targeted 5 times through the entire game.

7. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

As far as Coles goes, my guess is that they didnt want him back, or he didnt want back, because if he did, he would be back by now. Probably would have been back in the facility by tuesday morning.

Time to forget about LC, he clearly doesn't have it anymore or he would still be here.

but like others have said, the problem isnt a need for another receiver, the problem is we need to actually throw to the ones we have. 5 targets is not enough for our WR's. Heck Tony Richardson might have been thrown at that many times. He had I believe 4 catches in all of 2009

8. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

He threw the ball rather well last year, maybe the play calling was suspect?