We need to Change from Doubters to Believers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by theron, Mar 18, 2018.

1. theron

theron New Member

Dear Jets Fans ,

What a crazy week ,huh ? Alot has been happened some for the good and some for the Bad.
    After we lost out on Cousins i felt we had a pretty decent Free Agency ,not bad by any means.
    Yesterday was the Highlight of the Week we traded up to the No.3 Spot in the 2019 NFL Draft.
    I know there is a split Reaction to this.Me personally wanted to keep our Picks to fix our Holes and draft a QB in the later rounds because i believe in the Comeback of Teddy Bridgewater.Anyway ,our Front Office had a different View and so alot of you out there too.

You cant make it right for every Fan out there so therefore we will see how it plays out.The "Rebuild" will take a couple of more Years now.But here is the thing we all can agree on is that we really find a Franchise QB for the next Decade the we all will be Happy.

I don´t know what the Plan is from now since there is alot of Scenarios but i expect from People who work in the Enviroment of American Football to have a Long Term View.
    Maybe the Front Office knows more then we do and evulated already next Years Draft Talent.Let our Franchise QB sit for this Season with some Reps in the later Games and fix the O-Line next Year and then Attack the League .

But no matter the outcome in the next Months what i want is that as the Season Kickoffs we stay united and cheer on our Team (which is not bad) and being optimistic and trust the process of our Front Office.They working Football 24/7.

As a Soccer Coach once said "We need to change from Doubters to Believers"

I believe in our Front Office ,i believe in our Coaching Staff (whatever Mistakes they made they can learn from it)I believe in our Team and last but not least i will believe in our next young QB whoever it will be.

We are the New York Jets and we will suceed. Believe that !

Greetings from Germany

2. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Guten Tag. That is one of the problems with the Jets. The coach does not learn from mistake nor even adjust. He is stuck in his ways and the franchise suffers. The GM has had some hiccups as do all. But the roster is lacking talent all the way through (pre free agency). Now we will see how he addresses the QB position.

CBG and NYJetsO12 like this.
  3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I believe we will go 5-11 once again this year, if he wanted a QB he should have gone all in first year as GM and had 3 years to add players around such QB.

Instead they wanted instant success went with a veteran stop gap, while young QBs selected could develope, that did not work, that was short term fix.

So he decided to try and build through the draft, that has not worked out for him either, now they are going all in to acquire a potential FQB, the problem is that this class does not have a Elway, Luck, Manning type of QB.

Maybe Rosen is the most polished and ready but he's no guarantee to be there at 3, so we are left with possibly Mayfield who is a ticking time bomb with his antics and I don't think he's a top 3 selection anyway.

This year the 3rd round is the best chance they have of picking up anyone who could be a starter, after that all teams are hoping to simply catch lighting in a bottle.

The way he has been missing in the draft, he'd need to be standing out in a thunder storm with a lighting rod in his hand and he would still miss on getting hit with lightning.

I get it, trust me I do, we all want a FQB, but I can't defend or trust Mac anymore. Us being optimistic will not change Macs inadequacy as GM.

Dave Caldwell had the Jags in the championship game in 4 years with his quality drafts and FA acquisitions, jets are hoping to break the 5 win barrier.

I'm still going to root for them come the fall but I'm just very frustrated by what this team has become.

Don't know what's being put in the beer or coffee in Germany but It's not all ponies and unicorns over here my friend, I live in the real world.

By the way, Welcome to GG!

#4 Red Menace, Mar 18, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  5. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I think this is a great post. I am happy we are going for our franchise qb in this draft. 3 seconds won’t make or break this franchise big picture. We need to find our long sought after guy.

NYJetsO12 and M00ndawg like this.
  6. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I think you should stay off that German Beer until at least Octofest time:mad:

7. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more. I know this franchise has been a disappointment and things have been miserable for years. I completely understand where the pessimists are coming from, I'm a pessimist at heart especially with this team.

With that being said, we have the #3 pick in the draft now. I'm ready to go to war with whichever QB we go with.

NCJetsfan and M00ndawg like this.
  8. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

This is nonsense. They need to change our attitudes. This team has been an expert at fucking up anything it touches. This has been proved over and over again through damn near 50 years. Fuck the Jets organization and their feelings. But most of all, fuck all those snowflakes that can't handle hearing the truth about the team.

I call them as I see them. You're shitbags until you prove me wrong.

NYJetsO12 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  9. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

So am I? Our attitudes don't need to change to root for the team.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Great post! Jamal Adams is trying to turn the fans and players into believers too. Just takes time. I have been an optimistic fan for 25+ years now, and the Jets can definitely wear you down. Especially 2012-now. It has been a brutal 6 seasons, so optimism is going to be hard to find. Even more difficult without results. (10-22) the last 2 seasons won't cut it. Once fans see their new QB on the field in Training Camp, and he shows sparks and signs of ability, I think they will start to believe. We know Maccagnan and company are trying. Hopefully it pays off!

11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Octofest. Let me write that down. :mad:

Cman68 likes this.
  12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Wow, and people say I'm a miserable fuck.

13. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Mainejet is the most miserable poster on here.

14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

OP needs to take off the
    [​IMG]

CBG likes this.
  15. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

You need to update your sig,Todd Bowles is now 0-3 .Come on Champ get your shit together.

16. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Nope. They have to show me first. Prove to me that you are doing everything in your power to win a Super Bowl as quickly as reasonably possible, and then (and only then) you will have earned my trust. Drafting a QB at #3 is a good start.

Cman68 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  17. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

how about we hit on the franchise QB first before being so positive? i respect your optimism but this organization have to show me that they can win before i get my hopes up.

westiedog1 likes this.
  18. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

49 years says hi.

Cman68 and CBG like this.
  19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Champ is that you ? lolol

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Doesn't belief require something to believe in first? As my signature used to say: "When it comes to the Jets, I'm from Missouri....Show Me!" I'm 50 years in and still waiting but at least Macc rolled the dice and showed some courage this time. Perhaps not enough for blind faith but enough for limited hope. Can't help it.. Its the New York upbringing.. I'm a recovering Cynic which I guess makes me a Skeptic.