We need a running game that can pound out yardage...get these guys!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFan, Feb 5, 2007.

1. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

We have are 3rd down or change of pace back in Washington, but we need a BIG pounder and I like the idea of having a Bush in the backfield. We should of traded last year to draft Reggie but we didn't and it showed. This year we can get Michael.

What I would love is a one two punch with Bush and Washington. Even better I would get rid of Askew who should never have been drafted and I would draft Cory Anderson. He is HUGE, can block, has very soft hand and will get you yardage. Will amaze you at how he can catch for a guy so big.

We would have the biggest backfield in the NFL. Add in another year for our O-line to get better and we would be awesome.

Michael Bush SR 6-2/250/ Louisville Louisville, KY
    Cory Anderson SR 6-3/270/ Tennessee Knoxville, TN

We all know about Bush but here is a small note on Anderson.

"01/13/07 - Rarely does a fullback get noticed in all-star games, but Anderson was impossible to miss in Saturday's Inta Juice All Star game. While the traditional lead blocking fullback may be a dying breed in the NFL, Anderson's soft hands and surprising agility at 6-3, 258 pounds make him more than one dimensional sledge hammer. Anderson was the game's most consistently impressive offensive player."
    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=17429

I know your saying what the f@#k is the Inta Juice All Star game, but the kid will be at the combines and you'll get to see him there.

2. JetsLookingforDWare

Michael Bush running the ball is hilarious to watch. The guy is 6'2 250+, and he's convinced he should be running like he's a much smaller back. It worked in college, I don't know if it'll go over well in the NFL. I was never all that impressed watching him, in fact I think his backup at Louis will make a much better pro.

3. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

Bush reminds me of Bettis with his "quick feet" - worked pretty well for Jerome

4. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

sometimes bush reminds of ron dayne, trying to cut it up when he should just be pounding people

5. Coach K

Coach K New Member

we need blocking. how about that. lol

6. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

We need both. How about that?

7. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

i dont think we should of gotten bush because the simple fact that he is not much of tailback in the nfl so far. they line him up as the slot or something and thas where most of his big plays come from to me. as for running back i wouldnt mind have marshawn lynch watched some of his highlights on youtube and he is a shifty hard to take down back you really dont get a square shot on this guy.

as for michael bush i wouldnt want to have that ron dayne scenario back in ny. if you that big you should be bowling over people not trying to find ways to juke them out. thas the difference between michael and Bettis you cant be(for the lack of a better word) pussy footing around in the whole specially not in the nfl where you got to hit the whole and go.

8. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

i like michael turner too but if for some reason he cost us to much to have we should go for marshawn if he is in our reach..

9. Dbrickdaman

Dbrickdaman New Member

lynch or bush,, we gotta get something

10. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

You do realize that New Orleans wanted a ransom? Would of needed to give up #29, which was Nick Mangold, and our early 2nd rounder, #35. And I may be missing something.

So, with a team who was clearly lacking depth in a lot of areas, starting with a new regime, and coming off a 4-12 season, you would of given that, if not more for Reggie Bush?...The Jets clearly didn't address their offensive line in previous years and thankfully they did.

So would you rather have D'Brickashaw, Mangold, and Kellen Clemens, not to mention the extra 2nd round pick the Jets have this season from Washington this draft, which is an early pick...OR just Reggie Bush and would still have major problems on the offensive line?

11. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

Dont try and reason with people man, its almost impossible to convince guys that drafting for talent in the depth chart is more important then drafting 1 man. Some people like to believe that 1 guy can change a whole team, no matter how many holes need to be patched...

i chalk it up to Madden video games.

12. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

would this scenario make sense to yall.... just say we drafted who ever at running back this year and then next year get another running back because next years running back class is a serious one.

13. All Star

All Star Active Member

If our blocking can get a little better, I don't have a problem with Houston/Washington running the ball, i would rather go more defense with this draft...........

14. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

So in others words, we should waste a draft pick on a player this year only to use another next year to replace the same guy?

Hopefully I'm misunderstanding this..

15. Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 Active Member

Nate Naoli from Hawii. Please go let us get him in the 4th rd.

16. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

no not saying waste a draft pick at all. whoever we decide to to get we get like if we got michael bush we get him if we got marshawn lynch we get him doesnt matter the guy just we got a back. then next year drafted another running back again not to be replaced just an addition. maybe houston goes i dont know whose gonna be around for the season so i cant say.

but just get two backs in back to back years with of course leon washington staying around

17. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

You are a wise man. And its the frustrating truth.

18. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Come on we should have also thrown in both 3rds. Too. Don't you realize trading your entire draft for one guy works wonders.

Look at these examples:

Herschel Walker trade gave the Cowboys how many Super Bowls? How about Mike Ditka trading all his picks to get Williams or the Giants trading all their picks for Eli Manning. All those trades worked awesome! Except we would be the ones with Hershel,Ricky or ELi. Yeah too bad we did not trade everyone for Reggie!

19. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

why in the world would you trade the house for players you dont know are gonna pan out for you in the future. imagine somebody betting there whole house for a guy like mario williams or ron dayne or jason white players that made no impact but you gave your life savings to get. Eli manning doesnt seem to be the pick of the pack either he kinda seems to me to be the brother/son that was forced to play football to keep the family tradition. are you talking about ricky williams when you said ricky??? to me he was a waste of talent to the fullest woulda shoulda coulda only reason he came back to football cause he didnt want to have to foot the bill 8 mill.

#19 tanknyc, Feb 5, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  20. jets95674137498

I'd take Micheal Turner, Tomlinsons backup in SD. He's a great inside power back who can block, plus, he's available!

That way we can focus on a WR weapon(what I'd like) or shore up the OL (what we need) in the draft.

Apperently, I can't post links... :(