uStadium Rumor: Saleh, Hackett and Joe Douglas to Return for 2024 Season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 23, 2023.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

We are not a serious organisation... o_O

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Listen it maybe misguided but it seems Woody truly believes Saleh can make this work with who’s here. So he’s basically saying this was a reprieve due to Aaron getting hurt 4 snaps in.

I don’t think this happens if A- Aaron’s support because let’s face it, he seems to have the pulse of the locker room, or else he’d be calling for changes.

But it also speaks that the locker room must believe in what’s being built (or at least trying to). Saleh owes the world to Aaron at this point because I’m sure he’d be gone in any other situation.

I do clap for trying to keep continuity but yeah, it’s not like there’s been success to continue to keep this group here.

4. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Douglas, Saleh, and Co could practically take a Cleveland steamer on Woody’s wife right now and they’re not going anywhere. They convinced Woody they built a championship roster and enticed him to dump over 100m into one player with that notion. They lied to save their asses and will end up setting this team back another 5-10 years. Next year’s disaster is eminent and deep down even the rosiest of Jets fans knows it. And with Rodgers saying he expects 2 more years, we’ll probably end up extending these morons even further just to keep Rodgers happy. The only way out of this is for Woody to step up and realize he’s been completely duped and willing to walk away from the money he’s dumped into this disaster

5. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Wasn’t there already a thread talking about this?

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Oh well. Its not like I had any hope for this team to win just because Rodgers was here. The 3 Stooges call the shots and as long as that's the case, this team is going nowhere. Woody and his dumbass necklace is being taken to the cleaners as all the money he's spent has not resulted in ONE winning season in the Douglas/Saleh Era. Its his team though so, all fans can do is stop believing their lying eyes and buy into the bullshit the FO/CS feeds every presser in every losing season. Or, they could just stop giving a fuck and become apathetic. As Jet fans, that's all there is to look forward to. No one presently posting on this board has a chance of seeing a Jet SB while Saleh, JD and Woody all think they know what they're doing even though they've yet to show it.

7. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

The Hack will be back?

Was watching some OL film breakdown of the Miami game disaster. My god that was unbelievable. Just play after play consistent mental AND physical failings by our highest paid guys (Becton and Tomlinson) I'm not sure who needs to be fired or what that would help but if nothing else happens this offseason we need to either find some people that can make better blocking decisions on the OL or change the damn system so our guys can handle it. Or maybe both.

ouchy likes this.
  8. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

of course they are - I never expected anything different - as soon as Rodgers got injured they were given a pass on this year as they'll just have said to Woody "the whole team was built around Rodgers as you wanted my liege - if you just wait until next year when he is well again you will see our masterful plan come to fruition and you will be made the King of New York"

JohnnyJet, SOJAZ and Cman68 like this.
  9. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

probably thought they must have imagined it as no-one could be that stupid as to want to rinse and repeat this season

10. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Anyone who thought otherwsie was deluding themselves. What a cluster F this Org is and I LOL when Cman made the comment about Woody and his assine chain.

BTW - in't it precious that BB is losing and may get canned at the end of the year... I'll loving it....

ouchy likes this.
  11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This was always the inevitable result.

12. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

It would be foolish to fire everyone now and expect to even think about attracting anyone with any sense to come into this cluster of a situation. They chose to ride Rodgers, now everyone either succeeds or fails together.

This is the Jets. Next year when the wheels fall off again, everyone will be gone and then we can at least delude ourselves into thinking we'll pick the right guys because at least the situation will be right for a true fresh start on all levels.

Hope springs eternal and all that bullshit.

13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Can't wait for Douglas to restructure our cap into oblivion this offseason to save his job at the expense of the rest of the 2020s.

14. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Oh that's a foregone conclusion. 2026 and beyond doesn't exist to this organization right now. Maybe not even 2025. Look for draft pick trades (Davante Adams anyone?), contract restructures and more this offseason.

BacktoQueens and HomeoftheJets like this.
  15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Gotta make room for the rest of the Space Cowboys.

JohnnyJet, ouchy, Cman68 and 2 others like this.
  16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

A foregone conclusion. No surprise there. Just another year or two with the same leadership dishing out excuses quarter of the way into the season why we are under performing with a far better QB at the helm. The draft and free agency next year will tell us plenty about our future, or lack thereof.

SOJAZ likes this.
  17. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

The good news is that any other option would have also been a complete catastrophe! Thanks for everything Woody!

18. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Can't wait to hear what their excuses are for next year's epic collapse when Rodgers is healthy.

This organization is such a joke.

19. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Ooof this is such wishful thinking. What’s gonna happen is Rodgers is gonna get hurt again, tell us he’s still got another 2 years to play through 2026, and Woody gives JD, Saleh, and Co all an extension so there’s no disruptions to the plan.

20. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Gotta remember … the jets were the only one who were forced to play their backup qb, with no chance to sign someone to take the reigns before the trade deadline. So why shouldn’t this poor staff , that was handed an unprecedented dilemma, be givin a pass?

In all seriousness, I’m ok with all but Hackett. The others I knew would be coming back all year anyway.

SOJAZ likes this.