TRADE w/the vikings ? ?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by kelly, Aug 14, 2006.

1. kelly

kelly Banned

hey guys,

received an e-mail from a buddy re the vikings & their interest in bollinger.

vikes get : bollie & our 6th round draft pick in 2007

we get : C.J. Mosley/DT

if - IF this is true ;
    i say : do it !

2. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

yes, i liked mosely coming out of college....good deal

3. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

what is up with all this interest in bollinger?!?! Maybe its my bias speaking, but does he have the tools to be anything more then a backup?

....I think all these 'rumors' are just ridiculous fan based predictions. I would pull the trigger on this trade given our depth, however.

4. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

you're getting better Kelly. We need any DT we get and Bolly has no future here....do it.

5. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

I would go for that trade in a heart beat

6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

This is EXACTLY why Mangini has been treating Bolli like a legitimate contender. The more we play/practice him, the more we will get for him when we whack him. Simple math.

7. parafly

parafly New Member

No Deal!!

Although we are thin at NT, why should we have to give up a 6th rounder in this trade? Bollinger and Mosley are both former 6th rounders who are 3rd or 4th on their respective depth charts. If anything, we should be getting an additional draft pick because Bollinger is a QB with starting NFL experience.

8. kevin68

kevin68 New Member

I don't know Mosley. Can someone tell me anything about him?

#8 kevin68, Aug 14, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2005
  9. kelly

kelly Banned

Full Name: Calvin Michael Mosley
    Born: August 6, 1983
    Fort Leonard Wood, MO
    Height: 6-2
    Weight: 314 lbs. Age: 23
    Pos: DT
    Experience: 2 years
    College: Missouri
    Drafted: Year:2005 Round:6 Pick:17, Vikings FANTASY
    Percent Owned: (Week +/-):
    NFL: 0.0% (0.0%)
    Avg. Draft Position:
    NFL: Undrafted

TACK 19.0 | FF 1 | INT 0
    Profile Stats Splits Game Log News Scouting

2006 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.
    Grade: 30 | Key
    Alert: R

Comment:
    Possesses good size, shows good power at the point of attack and can hold ground when he plays with sound technique. Has an explosive first step, does an adequate job of anticipating the snap count and is capable of shooting the inside gap. Doesn't play with great leverage, has problems holding ground working against double teams and gets driven back at times despite good combination of bulk and strength. Doesn't appear to play with great gap-discipline and creates running lanes when tries to avoid contact rather than squaring up. Can be overaggressive and gets caught out of position at times.

10. kevin68

kevin68 New Member

Is it just me or are those things you do not want to see from your DT in a 3-4?

11. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

That would be a good trade.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

That sentence also describes D-Rob almost to a T.

13. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Geez, it never occurred to me that we could find ANYONE to give us ANYTHING for Bolly; but then, I see that we wouild be adding a sweetener, and it all makes sense.

I'd think that Brooks would love this. The State of Minnesota has just the sort of nothingness I'm sure he's used to. (Now cue the guy who gets all bent whenever I make fun of North Dakota, Wisconsin, and all those other boring green-grass, cow pasture, cheese-pulling, states).

#13 Sundayjack, Aug 14, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2006
  14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

why would anyone want to trade for Bollinger? its just plain stupid. Just wait till the final cut down day and get him after the Jets have to release him.

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Because on the final day, assuming the Jets actually cut him, you are competing with 3 or 4 other teams that had a QB injury of some sort in their top 3 QB's in camp.

I think it's a smart move for Minnesota if they like Bollinger.

I also think that if Chad's shoulder goes out before camp ends we'll really regret trading Bollinger. I'd hold him until I knew Chad was ok and then trade him at the end of camp. He'll have more value then anway. Also the Jets will be able to look at likely cuts on other teams and try to trade for them (with Bollinger) before they hit the market.

#15 Br4d, Aug 14, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2005
  16. azjet

azjet New Member

You don't know what got till it's gone and the Jets have a long record of regrets about players that have moved on. If it is Minn. then "Good Luck Brooks ". In this case the grass IS really greener in the other side of ther hill.

17. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I don't know why so many people here think Bollinger is dreadful and a waste of space...

The man was a 3rd string QB coming into last year and was thrown into action very suddenly...
    - He's mobile and moves very well and can make something happen with his feet.
    - He played behind one of the worst lines in football last season... Injuries, age/inexperience and much shifting.
    -Curtis Martin was having an off year because of the O-line and his knees/age. Then for some time the RB was a rookie 6th round pick and a previous third stringer.
    -His accuracy isn't terrible. I saw him make some good throws when he had some time to throw.

The QB position is crowded now and he is almost certainly the odd man out especially since Ramsey got an extension.

I bet he'd make an OK backup and a very good #3...
    -

18. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

Now that we brought in Suggs, I think that stopping the run is now top priority. If they do that by adding depth at NT with 3 - 4 experience I'm all for it. Does this guy have 3 -4 experience?

So what if we loose bolli and a 6th. Chances are he would not find the field anyway

19. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

I'm with you on this. I think Bolly has a big upside.

20. Coach K

Coach K New Member

Bollinger had alot of hype coming out of College. hes always seen garbage time, aside from last yr. which was ruined by our marred OL and horrible play calling.

Bollinger IMO could be a good backup a game manager if needed behind a solid OL. i do think hed have to roll out alot to get complete vision over his OL otherwise i think he gets nervous and tries to force it.

but hes an interesting prospect who can move around and has a decent arm. maybe someone feels their QB coach could do something an make him a sound number 2