the Official Abraham thread!! - Post them here! - Merged

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NY Vilmaniac, Mar 18, 2006.

1. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

Alright, im extremely confused, i dont know whats going on with abraham here.

ESPN says we are nearing a deal witht the falcons
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2372951

NFL.com says were almost there with the seahawks http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/NYJ/9316225

would this involve matt shaub or not?

and if we did get matt shaub, would we make him our instant starter? or compete with Chad.

and if we are going after shaub hard, then why did we sign ramsey

im so confused, there had been so much talk about abraham i dont know whats going on, some one please clear this stuff up for me by saying what the most likely scenario is

thanks

2. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

if i was a betting man i would say he ends up in atlanta eventaully.but to be honest no one knows. schaub would be our starter/ future if we get him..ramsey on the other hand is just brideging the gap for who ever we bring in here for the future. he is our kurt warner.unless he goes out there and dominates this year or something.

3. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I'll give this a shot, some facts, some opinions.

Seattle offered their #31, but JA wants to play in Atlanta, and he as of now, doesn't even want to talk contract with Seattle.

Atlanta has worked out a contract with Abraham, but are trying to lowball us. They won't trade Shaub, and won't trade their first round pick.

Getting Ramsey put the onus back on Atlanta, along with the offer from Seattle, to up the ante.

It looks to me like the Jets are taking a position with JA and Atlanta.... get a contract done with Seattle, or be prepared to come back next year.... something the Jets KNOW JA absolutely does NOT want to do.

The Jets FO appears to have dug their heels in.... JA to Seatlle for the #31, Atlanta ups their offer, or JA comes back to NY next year. hardball, baby, Tangini is playin hardball.

4. jdjets

jdjets New Member

you are right, imagine if hermy was here! He would of traded abe for a 5th rounder and a jar of pickles.

5. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

We have to remember that Abraham doesn't have to be traded now. If the Jets don't like the offers they are getting or Abe isn't able to work out a deal with the Seahawks.. we can sit on him for a while

6. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

all the way till next year.. but i think as draft gets closer atlanta will pass the blunt there smoking and and up there offer

7. jdjets

jdjets New Member

I know, but i would just feel better to get this selfish ,money hungry, injury prone when we need him ass out of here now!

8. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

Yea.. I meant that there was no need to trade him this weekend.. wait for the draft to get closer.

9. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

That's true, and it's because of the new CBA. Under the old CBA, if Abraham wasn't traded within 14 days of the opening of the FA period, even if he got traded after that point, the 8.3 mil would remain on the Jets cap for the duration of the year! (caveat.... that would be true until June, when he again could have been signed and traded without this cap penalty)

No longer the case.... we can wait on trading Abraham with this new CBA.... and this is a fact that many local beat reporters aren't aware of.... Guys like Glauber of Newsday.

10. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

What would Abe play in Seattle??

They already have Wistrom at Right End, so would Abe go to Left End or do you think they would move Wistrom there?

One day off for not reading board first.

#10 Jtuds, Mar 18, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2006
  11. GangGreen04

GangGreen04 Active Member

NFL network reports abes agent on his way to seattle

He said that his agent is on his way to seattle to discuss contract details but also noted it just may be a tactic ploy by abraham hoping to get atlanta to up their deal. Sheffter also reported that atlantas front office is split on sending their first round pick to the jets thus causing the hold up. This is per the atlanta falcons board where a guy is saying that he just saw it

12. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

I have a feeling a deal is going to be made before the end of the weekend.

13. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

thats what im talking bout. jets had no leverage

14. GangGreen04

some of the people are accusing the guy who originally posted this as a liar and there engaged in an all out civil war over there so im no longer sure about the validity

15. NYJetFan37

NYJetFan37 New Member

16. GangGreen04

HAHAHA LMAO look what one of there guys posted

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Abe a Southern Boy. He lives in North Carolina and has family ties in Atlanta and said he would rather play in Atlanta and they are trying to avoid the Seahawks for right now to see what the Falcons are going to do. So lets just say the pray and hope that little pharse is true YOU CAN TAKE THE BOY FROM THE SOUTH BUT YOU CAN'T TAKE THE SOUTH FROM THE BOY. Now lets all hope and pray that the boy comes home to the DIRTY DIRTY and one thing else and I'm sure you folks know this A TOWN is up and coming big time for young folks.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

17. Electric Cedric 34

Electric Cedric 34 New Member

FUcking cheap-ass Atlanta. It'd be typical Abe if he screws us out of value.

Please, FO, do NOT settle for anything less than a first round pick. No 2nd, 3rd BS. PLEASE do not cave to ATL.

18. CmartinHOF

CmartinHOF New Member

its gunna be seattle,,,,,,, cause we get a 1st rounder

19. duketogo

duketogo New Member

Man, I really wish they would just get this trade over with.

20. CmartinHOF

CmartinHOF New Member

din't worry, we r trading with seattle for their 1st rounder unless atlant offers us THEIR first rounder(which wud be better)