The Honeymoon is over

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by hoobash, Apr 30, 2006.

1. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

It didnt take long for alot of you to turn on the new regime. We didnt get any flashy skill players but we got the building blocks for a top rated oline. I think we did just fine

2. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

yes fine is the key word..........the titans are winners young,white explosive offensive weapons who score points

3. jetman8094

jetman8094 New Member

I don't think its so much that the majority of the board members hate the draft. I think its more of people coming here just to complain.

4. djackson75

djackson75 New Member

They had an O-line.

5. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

and so does every sports caster and very sports channel. We had our best draft in a long long time. Dont listen to the 1 or 2 negative members of this forum.

6. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

It has been a very good draft, considering the long term thought process this new regime has. Some Jets fans just complain for the sake of complaining. It's quite sad actually.

7. Ten

Ten Active Member

I agree,a vocal minority seem to be the only people unhappy with this draft.I find it pretty funny how so many people are throwing hissy fits because we're not drafting instant starters in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

8. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Mangini and Co. built a foundation for the future. They plan on being here for a very long time. They took players who have a passion for football and seriously care about winning. We're not going to deal with the BS of holdouts and personalities. We're going to see a serious attempt at some good winning football. I like it.

9. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

I understand its hard to get excited over olines man but you need a top rated line to win a superbowl

10. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Explosive players, as in high-risk players who have problems? Vince Young is nearly legally retarded, White is a fat piece of shit with a torn hamstring and smokes pot.

11. KY_Jetsfan

KY_Jetsfan New Member

I wish we only had 1 or 2 complainers on this board. It seems like 1 or 2 hundred with all the whining I've heard the last 2 days.

12. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

This is the kind of smart draft that happens when you have a regime with job security. They have no pressure to win next year and can actually build a team/organization for the long term.

13. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

you okay there, buddy?

Well, Young was smart enough to win a national championship and the NFL came out and said that White did not fail a drug test. Hamstrings heal and I would surprised if LenDale White isn't a 1,200 yard rusher in the next two years, especially reunited with Chow in Tennessee.

(by the way, I liked the Jets draft)

14. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

I didn't hear anything about the NFL coming out and saying he didn't, but his agent disputed it. Yeah, hamstrings heal, but he is already overweight and will be out until mid-June.

15. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'll wait and judge when the time comes, I need to see how Schott will use the offense

16. JetInAbsentia

JetInAbsentia New Member

The Titans are one day removed from being owners of the 3rd Overall selection. Would you like to hand the Lombardi Trophy to them now?

Until they produce, Young and White represent a physical freak with questionable technique and a fat malcontent.

17. MDBigDog

MDBigDog Active Member

Just imagine if the old regime had this draft. People would be going ballistic after the first three picks. Personally I think we did well with our first three picks, like two of the others the WR and RB but after that I'm scratching my head a bit.

Though I've said it before every coach has "their type of player" and "their scheme" and try to find those players to fit that scheme. It's all well and good to say they should adapt to the skills of the players but the reality is that most of the time you have to do that within the framework of the "your" scheme.

18. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

you draft "explosive players" when you have the ability to let them do what they do. Last year we didnt have that ability. This year we do and we will. Rebuilding a team usaully doesnt take one year to do. You cant have play makers with an oline that sucks ass.

19. MDBigDog

MDBigDog Active Member

We haven't really seen holdouts or personality problems in some time. I agree that they are trying to build a foundation but some of the picks you can question because there were other guys out there who seemingly could better help that foundation.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing them but realistically we had some questional picks and only time will tell how they turn out.

20. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

think about Denver, and NE. Who the hell heard of half of NE starting line up 4 years ago? If you have a great core, you have the ability to make average players great. Denvers running backs were never noted backs really. But the system they are in makes them have 1000 yard seasons.

Build your team from the core and other players get the chance to elevate their ability.

Then you take the Redskins for instance. Their starting RB is pretty good ide say. So would most people. But behind that sort of crap Oline, he has his abilties taken away. I would go as far as to say our boy Curtis would have had his usaul 1000+ season last year if our Oline didnt suck total ass. Maybe his knee wouldnt have got injured. Maybe Pennington wouldnt have ended up the way he did. Maybe our backup QB would have been ok too with a little protection.

This draft was perfect for rebuilding a team. I loved almost every pick. Depth is a factor most people tend to forget about. Its not tasty or glamorous rebuilding a team. But eventually, your team is in position to make play makers shine. Put These Probowl type play makers behind last years line and they will suck or get injured.

Give this a chance. We havent had intelegence in the FO for a while. Dont expect a SB right away and be glad our QBs will have a chance to do something before getting their heads chopped off. And yes, it was that bad in recent years. Chad is lucky to have survived IMO.

#20 fake_crs, Apr 30, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2006