The Fire Idzik Billboard is officially up

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Umphpool, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/11...fans-unveil-first-fire-john-idzik-billboards/

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (CBSNewYork) —
    Some fans of the New York Jets are being heard in big, bold letters.

Only the timing isn’t exactly ideal.

The first billboards have been unveiled in a much-publicized fan-funded movement to get general manager John Idzik canned. The creators of the website FireJohnIdzik.com tweeted a picture of one of their rotating digital billboards near MetLife Stadium on Sunday night, just hours after the Jets defeated Pittsburgh in a stunner at home....... (More on the Link)

2. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Why no fire Terry Bradway billboards? Oh nevermind, guessing either Jet fans think he's doing a bang up job or they don't even know he's still in the organization and is one of the big guys when it comes to the Jets War Room on Draft Day.

LWC611 and Jets69 like this.
  3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Bradway should be getting heat, no doubt. He's been a part of 3 failed regimes.

LWC611, papapump, xxedge72x and 7 others like this.
  4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You can say that again...

5. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Any publicity is good publicity.

Woody must be loving this.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

good job. Now lets get some Rex ones

TNJet and Jets69 like this.
  7. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Maybe Idzik can use some of those cap savings to pay to take those bill boards down.

rammagen likes this.
  8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Casual fans aren't going to know who Terry Bradway is. Idzik, Rex and Woody are always out in the public and are exposed to the media. Never have you seen a billboard say, fire this scout or draft personnel guy

rammagen likes this.
  9. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Why don't they know who these guys are? Bradway has an important role on this team and has been with this organization for over a decade, why does he get the constant pass from the media and fanbase?

That's my problem with some Jet fans and the Jets beat writers, they tend to have 1 scapegoat as to the team's woes and problems when there are other problems too.

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Wasted money and time. Solid job fellas.

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Casual fans only know certain players and personnel. Go talk to any casual fan and ask them, do they know who Terry Bradway is? I guarantee you you will be shocked by the results. I know plenty of Jet fans who don't know who Terry Bradway is.

You don't see many media articles pointing fingers at Terry, I don't know why to be honest - HC, GM, owner, and obviously the players get the most visibility therefore they get the most blame if things go wrong.

He doesn't get a pass from me, I wanted that fucker gone for a long-time now. How 1 man survives that many regimes is unfathomable to me. Especially since the fact that he doesn't have an impressive track record. Woody trusts him more than prob anyone else in regards to football, I bet you that.

4jetfans and rammagen like this.
  12. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I have no animosity towards this going live.

13. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I just shake my head at nonsense like this and some of the asinine posts here.

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Take the signs down! The Jets beat the Steelers. All is forgiven.

15. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

16. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

The should have had the 3 amigos on those billboards...Rex, Idzik and Bradway.

tomdeb likes this.
  17. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

[​IMG]

18. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Another MASSIVE embarrassment for the Jets. Great jobs to the retards who pulled this one off. What a waste of time and money. Off all the idiots who have been GMs or coaches in NY sports in the last 40 years, Idzik is the guy singled out like this? its so moronic and it just makes it even more embarrassing to be a Jet fan

19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

It's amazing, and pretty sad, actually, that people care enough about a football team to go to these lengths.

JetFanInPA and abyzmul like this.
  20. Superhippy

Superhippy Well-Known Member

Idzik is being singled out because Jet fans love Rex. I have never for the Jets or any other organization seen all the blame put on the GM like this and not the head coach by the fans. Most Jet fans see how hard the team is playing for him, he just doesn't have the talent.

I have reached the point where I am almost ready to just give Idzik a free pass for this year too. He planned on Milliner, Patterson, and McDougal being his top three corners this year and not a single one is even on the field, and Patterson just went crazy. His drafts havn't worked out so far. Some players (Geno, Winters) have just sucked. Others (Evans, McDougal, Milliner) have gotten injured. His other aquisitions though have actually been pretty good. Harvin, Decker, Ivory, Giocomini, were all his big free agent signings and all have been good to great moves. I'm willing to give Idzik one more draft and free agency period to see what he can do. At the very least he hasn't left us in an awful cap situation like we had where the team is just stuck.