The Favre Difference

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 1969jets, Oct 12, 2008.

1. 1969jets

1969jets Banned

Any other year there is no way we score after being denied 2 TDs due to penalties. Favre simply willed this team to victory. His difference is so huge it can't even be measured properly, since we don't even see his effect in the locker room, etc. Where are all the darksiders who made fools of themselves after the third game! Hail Favre!

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

um, no. He didn't have a great game, he had his usual 2 or three terrible throws and he looked like Kurt Warner on the fumble. I'll take the win, but I wasn't very impressed.

3. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

LOL

"Willed this team to win?" I guess throwing 2 picks and getting a fumble returned for a TD is willing your team to a win.

The crowing after beating the mighty juggernauts known as the Bengals is entertaining.

4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

He wasn't all that impressive today yet it was still blatantly obvoius how much better off we are with Brett Favre at QB than any other QB in Jets history outside of possibly Namath. That is a good sign.

5. TampaBayJetsFan85

lol...It's clear that you know nothing about Football...The man played a good game and led the Jets offense to the win.

P.S...He wasn't just talking about this weeks game either, he was talking about the whole season so far...Favre has been magical.

6. JetsBigD

JetsBigD Member

I agree, but after catching the end of the dolphins game, hearing the commentators go on and on about chads lack of arm strength and then watch him throw it underneath when he had 60 yeards to cover, made me appreciate having farve even more....just my own 2 cents...sorry to make this come back to chad again

7. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

A 3-2 record is magical?

Wow, Jets fans have pretty low standards now.

8. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

So now wins aren't enough? Now we have to win in an impressive fashion.

So funny...

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

OP is a troll....

10. TampaBayJetsFan85

We won all of 4 games last year... Favre has just about matched that in only 5 games.

He was leading the league in QB raiting before this weeks game, throwing around 80%...Yeah, he has been magical. We also have a chance to win our next 2 games, 5-2 here we come.

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I'd give more credit to TJ and the return game for points more than Favre on this particular week.

12. vegaskarl

vegaskarl Well-Known Member

WTF, Favre didn't throw 6 TDs today!!! You guys are right. He sucks.

13. Mr. Papagiorgio

Favre made some great 3rd down throws for us today. He also made some good throws under pressure. Whether it was he or Jones that got the final stats in the goaline situations, he was still able to get us a lot of points on the boards. I thought Favre had an ok game. He threw a couple up for grabs where the receiver and the defender had a fifty-fifty shot that I thought the recievers could have adjusted better for, but ended in ints (the second one was more like a good punt because I highly doubt we would have attempted a FG there). Favre still made some excellent plays when he had to and did his part to help the team win. His stats would have looked a little better if Coles caught his second throw in the endzone.

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Its not that he sucked today, its that I'm not going to blow him after a win that was due to other factors besides Brett today.

He had a decent game, he didn't tear it up...I'm not going to praise him for it.

15. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Exactly. Favre played okay today. Not bad, but certainly not great.

16. uberchink

uberchink New Member

TJ didn't do much besides his TDs. It just happened that the offense called plays to go to him on the goal line. Don't give him too much credit.

17. uberchink

uberchink New Member

And yet that was still good enough to lead the team to a Win. That's called intangibles.

18. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

If you don't appreciate what Favre is doing then I feel sorry for you because you're missing one of the better Jets seasons in recent memory. I actually feel confidend we'll pick up 3rd downs with him under center and we closed a game out and drove down the field for that last score. It can't be overstated that what Favre does for this team goes beyond the box score.

19. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Awesome. He didn't do much besides his TD's. The guy gets shit on all the time for not getting in the end zone, now he does 3 times in a game and "that's all he did." The point of offense is to score TD's. That's why Favre is here.

20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Jesus, sometimes this fanbase is simply embarassing.