The Bengals - I do NOT like this matchup for the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Oct 22, 2013.

1. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

I just have a really bad feeling about this game. On paper, the secondary is going to be way overmatched. Who do the Jets have on defense that can stop AJ Green?

I'm envisioning a nightmare where the Bengals get 40 yards rushing and about 400 yards passing.

Can any sunshiners snap me out of this funk?

2. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

Cromartie (yes the PIT game aside) rarely gets beat deep. They also have Andy Dalton throwing the football.

I'm concerned about their defense and Gio Bernard. We're good at run stuffing, but I'm scared about him catching balls out of the backfield. We have slow LBs Davis aside.

3. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I don't like this matchup either. The Bengals are a physical team in the mold of the Ravens and Steelers. We seem to struggle against physical teams, this could be an ugly game. I just hope I'm wrong.

4. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

Dalton's erratic. They arent a dink and dunk spread you out team either....he takes shots(which works for the Jets). We struggle against the spread you out dink/dunk teams

Generally Cro gets up for these matchups against big time wideouts.

Their defensive line is just as good as ours...but Leon Hall their best cover corner is out for the year. Need Geno to have a big game...wont have much running room.

5. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

Andy dalton is a statue in the pocket he will not have time for throw deep balls.Offense will be a grind their D line is monster. I expect a low scoring game but we do have a chance.

6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I don't this matchup either...... although it's not their offense that concerns me, it's their Defense. This will be best D Geno has faced so far and it's on the road....

I was right the last 2 weeks about the JETS, I hope that ends this week as I think the Bengals take this one at home

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Stopping AJ Green is near impossible, but it's not impossible to stop Andy Dalton. I think Cromartie is due for an INT and Dalton will throw it right to Cro at some point in the game. Make Dalton uncomfortable and we can def win this game.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

No offense but you have a really bad feeling all the time.

This will not be an easy game but it is winnable. I am more worried about their 2 TEs and Bernard in the pass game. Green will get his, we need to make sure the other guys don't go wild.

Get pressure from the modern day sack exchange and this game will change to our favor in a hurry.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Bengals are a top 5 team in the AFC this year and we're on their turf, so definitely underdogs coming in.

I don't think the game is going to hinge on the Bengals aerial attack. I think the game is going to hinge on whether the Jets can shut down the Bengals rushing game and put Dalton in positions where he has to throw the ball.

If Dalton gets to throw off a balanced attack the Jets are going to lose this game. If he has to throw in obvious situations then it is going to come down to whether Marty and Geno have their act together on Sunday.

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Dalton has had a couple big games in a row, he's due for a stinker. Although, I think he's better than what people give him credit for.

He hasn't faced the Jets before and played against Rex's defense. I think he could struggle early on, particularly if Rex throws half the defense at A.J. Green, and I think he will.

I'm worried about scoring on them more than I am about stopping their offense. Their D is no slouch at all, and they will stuff the run. If Bad Geno rears his ugly head, it could be tough sledding - a game similar to the Pittsburgh loss. Let's hope not.

11. HackettSuxTNG

You won't believe me, but I honestly did think The Jets would beat the Patriots.

12. HackettSuxTNG

I for one would like to see minimal blitzes from the Jets. Trust your front four to cause enough havoc with the QB and drop everyone else back into coverage.

13. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

These are my thoughts exactly. A lot of this game falls on MM to come up with a good game plan, and for Geno and his receivers to execute. I'm anticipating a lot of intermediate routes to open up the running game.

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets defense is more than capable of neutralizing the Bengals, particularly if Cincinnati comes in over-confident on a 3 game roll after tight wins.

This is a classic trap game for the Bengals because Mo Wilk and company are going to be the Alien on their face from snap one on Sunday and that's hard to deal with until you've see it in action.

But, we've got an offense in progress and the Bengals have a pretty good defense and we could lose based on that pretty easily.

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

sometimes I think an opponent's home field advantage is not that significant when it comes to the Jets. I think this game, right now, against this opponent, is unfortunately one where the homefield advantage for them will be significant. It will be a new experience for Smith to face this kind of D, and the Bengals have weapons at the skill position. Right now Jet fans are pumped by the NE win, so the Jets would be much tougher in the Meadowlands. Too bad they will play htis game in Cincy.

But if the Jets can avoid turnovers and stop the bengals' running game, they have a good chance.

16. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

This game reminds me a lot of the Tennessee matchup.

Cincy has a STRONG defense, even with the loss of Hall. Their coach is defensive minded and will most likely cause problems for Geno and our OL.

Burfict (a draft forum favorite for some) has come into his own this year. Add in Atkins, Peko, Dunlap, Maualuga, Harrison, Johnson -- their front 7 is probably slightly better than the Jets.

17. nyjunc

One thing I love is all anyone is talking about is the penalty as if that is the only reason we won. rex is a master at using stuff like that as motivation and this team will be ready to go on Sunday. Just limit the bad TOs from geno and we'll have a good shot.

18. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

with leon hall out i like it a lot more.

19. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

They just lost their best CB.

That might just be the break we need.

20. nyjunc

any chance we get santonio back? that would be huge