tannnybum must go!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mr nyjet, Aug 18, 2012.

1. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

with real gm guys like casserly and polihan out there, why is this idiot still the alleged gm of the jets? doesn't woody need another tax write-off?

the right tackle turnstile, whose salary was guaranteed for this year by the idiot, accounted for 4 sacks tonite. at this rate, even the pats defense will look like the 85 bears this year against our offense.

you can win if you can't score points.:rolleyes::sad::mad::mad:

2. jets12

jets12 Active Member

Tannenbaum is in so far over his head but Woody is willing to accept the loser and screw the fans.

Please bring in Bill Polian now.

3. NYCKNP

NYCKNP Member

I know Tanny was recommended by Parcells, but Tanny has to go. Polian for GM!

4. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

Tanny sure deserves a lot of blame.

5. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

amazing..always anyone but rex...boy his big mouth has sure fooled you people

6. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

you can't coach what you don't have. that's why buddy ryan always said that he was his own gm.

lombardi also had that philosophy.

7. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

I've been saying this for years. Tannenbaum is in over his a head, a glorified cap guru masquerading as a GM.

8. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

buddy ryan was a failure as a hc...he was like his sons, thinks there's only one side of the ball that counts...but keep blaming everyone but bigmouth

9. mute

mute Well-Known Member

In Tanny We Trust....

10. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Rex does not have an overbite.

11. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

If you're saying Tannenbaum should be fired, you're saying the Jets don't put a competitive roster talent-wise on the field.

Sorry, but that's just flat out wrong.

Two AFCC's and an 8-8 in the last 3 years. That sounds like the resume of a guy that gets a raise, not one that gets fired.

12. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

I wish we could cut fans.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets don't put a competitive roster out there when they have the ball. They haven't done that since 2010.

If you think otherwise you haven't been watching very closely. And I don't mean 2 preseason games. I mean all of 2011 when the defense played at an 11-5 pace and the offense played at 5-11.

Wayne Hunter is worth less than a sack of shit on the field at this point. At least a sack of shit would slow down the defenders trying not to step in shit.

Plaxico Burress could catch the ball last year but he was slow and could not get separation and so unless a jumpball was worth something Plaxico was not. Stephen Hill is fast but doesn't understand route-running yet and doesn't have the greatest hands when the QB's do find him. Different ills but they'll make Hill more undependable than Plaxico was last year. He's a rookie WR that's to be expected.

The Jets do not currently have an NFL caliber WR corps. With a top 5 QB maybe the guys they do have would get a boost and things would work out. With Sanchez the odds are low on that happening.

Tim Tebow is a terrible passer. He has bad technique, poor accuracy and he does not feel pressure coming at all in the pocket. The only time he's worth anything is when he's running with the ball and the Single Wing went out in the 1940's.

Mark Sanchez clearly cannot operate with whoever is rushing from the left side of the defense getting a free run at him every third play or so. He can't operate with WR's who are worse than him and depend on him to elevate their play.

The ground and pound? Puh-leeze. Only an eternal optimist would think the Jets were capable of dictating on the ground at this point even if all of the above were not true.

This Jets offense is going to struggle to score 300 points this year. Actually I think they're going to struggle to score 250.

#13 Br4d, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  14. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

'Since 2010' is one year.

Keller, Holmes, Burress, and whoever was enough receiving weaponry to be competitive. There were problems with scheme and chemistry.

There is/was no magical way to fix our weakness at the quarterback position other than paying Peyton Manning 22 million a year on a gamble. That worked great in '08. It's too soon to start the process all over.

Below average is one thing, not competitive is another.

Other than possibly not signing Braylon, what should Tannenbaum have done that he didn't?

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You don't have anything to offer this forum, aside from blowjobs. So maybe you should put your lipstick on.

16. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

idk what he's done except put together a really good defensive unit which keeps us in games and allows us to win.

17. CertifiedClutch

already people want tanny out and it's only the preseason? yes he hasn't constructed the team well on the offensive side but i would much rather wait until seasons ends and see how this team plays. if they're .500 or below, then firing tanny would be justified. right now it's too early.

18. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

woody's $$ got u a great D...besides, D i give you but he kows zippo about offense and talks too much

19. joejamfootball

I agree you have to give Tannenbaum the whole season but there still is time to correct some problems and Tannenbaum needs to get the best player that might be available in camp and get the problem corrected. I don't want to hear "Wayne is still our guy" I want to hear Wayne is on the bench or Wayne has been released!

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

More lipstick, less incomprehensible blabber.