Take a break from the land of PSL's- Woody speaks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Feb 13, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am sick of the whole stadium situation and nothing's gonna happen to spring. Thought this was the perfect remedy. No draft, QB or Psl talk. Actual current NY Jet talk from our leader, the Woody, trying to act like an informed take charge owner and looking for some love. Just stay away from making decisions, please, I beg of you. Do not go the other way and become Jr. GM!!!!

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/

Woody Johnson, becoming a high-profile owner these last few weeks, appeared this morning with Boomer and The Other Guy on WFAN. Johnson had a few interesting things to say on the current QB situation, Brett Favre, Thomas Jones, Rex Ryan and, indirectly, Eric Mangini.

? Johnson, more than Ryan or GM Mike Tannenbaum, made it sound like the team is committed to choosing the starting QB from the current cast, led by Kellen Clemens and Brett Ratliff.

? Johnson reiterated that he wanted Favre to return for a second season, but he wasn't as convincing as he had been in previous interviews. I'm telling you, there's a sense of relief at One Jets Drive in Florham Park, N.J. My peeps tell me there were a lot of smiling coaches in the building yesterday. (I don't know, maybe it's because Mangini is gone.)

? Johnson fired a salvo at Jones, who created a headline after the season by ripping Favre's three-interception performance in the final game. Said Johnson: "(Jones) went off the reservation a little bit. He knew it and he apologized."

? Johnson said Ryan conducted an organizational breakfast yesterday at the facility, where his assistant coaches introduced themselves to staff members in other departments. Each coach was required to stand up and tell a little about his coaching background.

"That," Johnson said, "never happened before."

You got the impression that Mangini preferred breakfast in the bunker, self-imposed solitary confinement with a staff member sliding a plate through an opening at the bottom of his door.

2. glenn212

glenn212 New Member

? Johnson fired a salvo at Jones, who created a headline after the season by ripping Favre's three-interception performance in the final game. Said Johnson: "(Jones) went off the reservation a little bit. He knew it and he apologized."

Doesn't mean it wasn't true..because it was true Woody

? Johnson said Ryan conducted an organizational breakfast yesterday at the facility, where his assistant coaches introduced themselves to staff members in other departments. Each coach was required to stand up and tell a little about his coaching background.

Gee..this is done at every corporate get together, teacher in service meeting..yada,yada,yada..This makes him a special head coach.

Seriously Woody just be quiet..everytime you open your mouth..whatever

3. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

I think the breakfast thing is more a thinly veiled attack on Mangini than praise for Ryan.