Tailgating

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FavreIsHere, Sep 8, 2008.

1. FavreIsHere

FavreIsHere New Member

Hey everyone.

I'm a somewhat new Jets fan here, let's not get into the details unless anyone is curious, then I'd be happy to share. I am really pissed that the ticket prices for football games are getting more ridiculous by the second. I want to be "at" Jets games this year. Is it common to tailgate not only before but during the games for Jets fans? Are there any particular lots you want to look for? What time should I try and get there? Is it possible to maybe do this until the game starts and at that point find some desperate scalper and actually get inside for a reasonable price or something?

Any advice or anything I can get will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot everyone. :beer:

2. neworderdude

neworderdude Member

It works in Manchester for United games so Im guessing it will be similar at the meadowlands. I'm thinking of making a trip to the broncos game and obviously don't wanna pay over the odds

3. GreatSwamp

GreatSwamp Member

in order to tailgate you need a parking pass or know a tailgate party. i would recomend geting to the stadium the ealiest they will let you in. ( i think its 5 hours now) as for finding tickets, ive never waited until right before a game to get mine just wouldnt want to risk not finding tickets. no matter what the construction has really messed up tailigaiting so plan everything ahead and come extra early and youl be ok.

4. 624

624 Banned

nani will become new star this year :)

5. FavreIsHere

FavreIsHere New Member

Well I meant that I'm okay with not going inside the games. I'm okay with just tailgating it out and listening to it on the radio. Is there ever a scenario where I can just do that and if I come across a touter offering a good deal on late tickets, just go in then?

6. GreatSwamp

GreatSwamp Member

oh ive never done that. but im sure you could find someone. just hang around one of the gates right after kickoff should be able to bargain with sumone

7. sect105

sect105 New Member

Plenty of Fans never go into the game, especially if the team stinks.

8. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

why not just but a ticket or 2 if you'[re gonna go through all that? I would personally rather watch on tv then sit in the lot with no ticket and then deal with the traffic on the way out. Check Ticketmaster or Ebay or Stubhub.

9. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

Prob going to harder to get cheap tickets this season. You can wait until later in the season no matter how good the team is the cold and rain will bring down ticket prices

10. jaybny

jaybny Banned

HI guys. I am going to the game with my girlfriend this week. (Cincy) . We will be taking the bus from Penn station and are looking for tailgate party were we can chip in for the food and beer.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

11. 319-1-x4

319-1-x4 New Member

There are people who just go to tailgate. Not sure what sort of person you may be, or what the others are like but you`d probably do ok as long as you don`t freeload. You`ll probably have to walk around a bit finding those people.

And yes, there are people trying to dump tickets last second. You might have to ask around though because some of those extra tickets are just being eaten unless you ask. Sometimes you can get a ticket for the cost of a beer or two from those who were gonna eat the ticket anyway.

12. Greatful Jethead

Greatful Jethead New Member

I remember I waited all night to buy tickets to a Jet playoff game. Come gametime the weather was lousy and no one showed up.No one would buy my extra 2 seats. Finally about 1 minute into game I gave up right before I went in I had a guy offer me 5 bucks for the 2 of them. So waiting by the gates is your best bet for a cheap seat.

13. Gman

Gman New Member

i would just go on craigslist.com. you can find tickets real cheap there.

14. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Dude - We tailgaters are usually not prone to letting just anyone crash at our party. Unless you are tall, thin blonde, hot and FEMALE,you should really know someone at the party.

As for tix, ask the tailgaters. They usually have someone not showing for the game or can send you in the right direction.

15. cucucachu0000

cucucachu0000 New Member

i was thinking of just getting a parking pass and looking for some tickets when i got there. i cant afford tickets not even at face value how whats the average good deal for some tickets?. how easy is it to find tickets and whats the best way to get the cheapest tickets possible?

16. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

I have to say every game I have gone to and have talegated, someone always seems to be yelling they have an extra ticket or tickets. I dont think you will have a problem. Then if no one does offer to sell them, I would do as a poster above said and move to a gate and wiat there. But now you have to ask if anyone wants to sell an extra ticket. If that does not work good luck in the parking lot and you will also be the first one out after the game ends.

17. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

I agree. Buy a parking pass on eBay or whatever (they seem to sell for $40-70....I sold one for this week for $61). Then just go and tailgate and keep your eyes and ears open. You'll most likely hear a scalper at some point, and if you don't, head to one of the gates if you want to go in.

If you don't care about possibly missing the game, hold out until you get tickets for less than $20 each. This should be possible especially after kickoff.

Good luck! I'm having a cold one or two at home then heading to the game shortly. Trying the train to bus route, and will likely be a few minutes late. I think we should trounce Cincy, though, and I want to be there to see it!