Sunday Ticket- Is there any other way for an Out of state Jet Fan?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If you're a Jet fan and live outside the Tri-state, you have a problem. Your Sundays are most likely spent either trolling the cable guides hoping to catch a break on a Jet game or watching the tail end after the local team's game is over. More times than not, you just might find yourself at the nearest Sports bar.

Believe me, I know because I left the tri state back in '87 but never left the Jets.. I found myself in Damon's dropping $30 plus every Sunday during football season. After my wife and I did the math, it made more sense to just get the Sunday Ticket and be done. I remember going to Sports Bars in Chicagoland during the 1-15 Kotite year. They used to give me the lousiest friggin TV in the house. No respect at all folks. As the Jets got better, so did the TV location.

Point being this: I understand if the $200 plus may be a bit pricey for a student or anyone without that level of disposable income. Seek out people in your situation and cut a deal on the price. The regular TV benefits are excellent as well. Reception is great for the most part and the HD options, although pricey, down the road will become more readily available.

Your partners don't have to be Jet fans, just "a long way from home" fans. I'm sure if one skips on certain "amenities", one can scrape up enough cash to watch the Sunday ticket. Share the cost and enjoy the benefits..

Don't depend on the Networks or the NFL to help you out. They tend to protect territories and the teams that reside within. That's why Jet fans in NE will rarely if ever see a Jet game on a "double". Just imagine what Jet fans in Indianapolis have to go thru.

So there you have it. Sunday Ticket or Sports Bar. Equally entertaining but the convience factor comes into play here.

Enjoy the season. There's 13 games left to play.. Go Jets!!!!

2. JetsFan58

JetsFan58 New Member

Dude, we're practically neighbors. I've been going to a little bar down the street in Grandview where I'm usually the only Jets fan in the place.

I've also been downloading the game torrents that they guy David has been putting up. It's sometimes hard to follow the action in the bar and it's frustrating to have to look across 15 feet at a 19" TV when I've got a 55" widescreen here at home. But I can usually get by on $10 or so, which beats the hell out of Sunday Ticket.

Nice to know there's at least one other Jets fan in the state.

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I have the ticket and I swear by it... It's great for the late games as I can watch any game I want plus when the Jets are on a bye week I tivo one game and watch another then the same for the late game.

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

It's also great for Jets fans in the NY market who don't want to get stuck watching the Giants every week.

5. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

The Ticket is the best thing to happen to the NFL. but if you don't have it or can't get it, try to get in touch with people who tape the games. You may get it a few days late, but at least you get to see it

6. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Im a Jets fan, living in NJ with local Jets coverage.

I still get the ticket. I can't live without my SELECTION of games. It's worth every penny! Throw in FREE Superfan for all the games in HD, and it's amazing.

I don't remember the last time I watched a commercial on Sunday from 1pm-7:15.

7. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

I was thinking of the sports bar thing, but I felt it was probably going to cost me too much, and I probably wouldn't even enjoy it that much even. I know there are a few other Jet fans out in San Diego, I know atleast a few head to a sports bar, I wonder how that's going.

8. Green on Kauai

Green on Kauai New Member

I live in Hawaii and the early games start at 7 a.m. in the morning before daylight savings kicks in, so i was going into the bar at 6:45 am to get a good TV. One opening day i walked in and the bartender was brushing her teeth in the bar sink. I was spending A LOT of money at the Bar so last season i got the TICKET and this year i added superfan. Love it, love it love it. I wake up and watch the JETS from bed in HD. I used to listen to the games on the internet from my office and before that occasionally on the radio. Thank god for parcells, in 98 we got more national attention, before that it was all seahawks, 9rs and Raiders.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

There's plenty of us around Columbus JF58. Just a bit spread out is all. Stay in touch. Maybe we can take over Damon's over on Hamilton Rd. in Gahanna one Sunday. :up:

10. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I'm just a Sport Bar guy, and i'm not a drinker...

The sports bar i've gone to for the last 4 years is very nice for Jets fans...Last season at KC their were about 10 of us there, in a Bucs-packed bar, along with other teams...Then as the season got away, so did the fans...From week 7 to week 16 only 2 of us showed up every week to take our beatingsm and it was great.

This season, since the Jets are winning, their has been a good turnout thus far...10 Jets fans at least every week, we'll see how long that'll last...

To make the long story short...I just have to be around Jets fans to watch a game, so that's why I go...I don't like to watch a game just myself, not saying I wouldn't, just i'd rather be in a crowd cheering and hitting a J-E-T-S chant after we score and whatnot.

11. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

I get sunday ticket here, and it was well worth it. I'm moving back to NJ in 3 months and I can't decide if I want to get it again next season anyway. It is so nice to be able to watch whatever game I want... and if one game is a blowout, it is nice to be able to switch over to an interesting game.

12. thegoldengod

thegoldengod Active Member

i have a sports bar right down the street...not too bad
    have started watching it at a friends with sunday ticket
    2 tvs normally...jets game/lions game

13. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I live in Indiana, and it is a HUGE hastle. I have never got the Sunday Ticket because it is not available in my area. My luck is bad... lol

The nearest sports bar is about 40 minutes away, and I usually only go to the Division games. Sucks really....

Oh well, I get to watch the Indy Vs Jets game this week. I cant complain to much right now, atleast not this week.

14. t1o1m1a1h1a1w1k1

t1o1m1a1h1a1w1k1 New Member

San Francisco Bay Area here. I usually go to a sports bar on Sunday, both for the Jets and my fantasy team. At $10 a pop, for beer & burger, it works out OK. I've even met other Jets fans, including a guy who graduated from the same university as me, who I later waved to at the Meadowlands for the Patriots game on Dec 26, 2005. The locals - 49ers or Raiders fans - are pretty friendly, especially since they understand what it means to stick by a team which imploded last season :)

15. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

There is that nfl season ticket thing. I signed up for one game ($24) but it was trash. The player wouldn't load properley and when it did I couldn't get any media to play on it. Told their 'help' desk and they kept on saying that it was my bandwidth , which is rubbish. AVOID.

16. JetD

JetD Member

Guys, I live in eastern Pa.......just below the Poconos. It sucked for years, only getting to watch the Jets 3 or 4 times a season. I'm in my 3rd season with The Sunday Ticket, i think its a beautiful thing. GO JETS!

17. mkronenberg

mkronenberg New Member

I live in the Washington DC area and if not for the Ticket I would be stuck watching the Redskins and Ravens every week.

Thank goodness for the Ticket I'd never see the Jets without it. And it's great to tivo the game and rewatch it every week.

18. sect105

sect105 New Member

I live in NJ and get the Ticket because I like to watch as many games as I can. Especially, when the Jets play at 4:00 I do not have to watch the Giants at 1:00. I also like to watch the game of the Jets next opponent.

To cut down on the cost here is an idea, get at least 1 friend/family member etc. One of you pay for the ticket on your DirectTV account and then swap receivers (usully you have a feww in your house and do not watch at the same time), once the access card is programmed with the NFL package you are good to go! All that crap they tell you about keeping the phone line plugged in is a bunch of B.S. I have been splitting this with my dad who lives 30 miles away for the past 5 years (he likes the Packers). I give him my 7 Yr old daughter's receiver.

19. Sect120

Sect120 Member

I am against directtv and all they stand for. Well not really, but I don't feel like paying over $300 a year to watch 13 more games, especially when CBS isn't putting them all on HD. I also don't want the extra cost of HD programming and extra receivers for our other tvs.

I listen on the radio, sirius radio

20. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I would suck my own weener to get get direct TV