So Greg Buttle thinks that we have "great OL Depth?"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KOZ, Aug 30, 2007.

1. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Watched the game and picked up this comment a few times during the game. I think that it also came up during the Tannenbaum interview.

Our OL depth is probably the worst that its ever been. Our scrubs are too crappy to even be called scrubs.

We all know that Buttle sucks as a commentator but come on- don't just say things for the heck of saying them. The OL is our weakest link on the team and if any of our "starters" (some of whom would be backups on any other team) go down, we are dead and floating in the water.

If he thinks that our OL depth is great I'm anxious to hear about how wonderful our DL has progressed, especially our stellar pass rush.

#1 KOZ, Aug 30, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2007
  2. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Maybe when he said there was talent depth, he meant it couldnt get any lower.

3. Lemmiwinks

Lemmiwinks Member

I loved when he said that not stopping the run doesn't matter and scoring points is all you need. "look at last years colts."

4. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

lol that fool said leon will lead the team in catches.

5. tenken627

tenken627 New Member

From the Redskins - Jaguars recap on NFL.com

"LG Pete Kendall, acquired in a trade with the New York Jets last week, started and played well"

Seems like he was part of the starting OL that came out for one drive and drove 70 yards for a TD before the starters were benched. I'm not sure how much he actually played. Granted it was against mostly second teamers, but...

#5 tenken627, Aug 31, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  6. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

The whole Jets OL looked good against second teamers last week.

7. CanadaGreen

CanadaGreen New Member

I don't believe our offensive line will be that bad. I think we will have a difficult start with Bender at guard, but once this young talented line gels, I think it will be a better than average line. What worries me is our defensive line. If they are unable to stop teams from getting 6 or 7 yards a play on the ground we will be in big trouble.
    I hope I'm wrong but I think we might get our asses kicked against the Pats and Ravens.

8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Greg Buttle is terrible. In this market, I can not believe that this is the best we can do for our radio broadcasts, pre-season TV and weekly TV shows. The whole schtick with Don Lagreco, who I like, is not funny. He ruins the SNY shows. Our OL is keeping me up at night. The only reason we made the playoffs last yeas is that we straightened out the run defense in the 2nd half.

9. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

To be fair to Greg Buttle he played in an era that allowed you to lead with your head.

10. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

I am surprised how good Ray Ray is on that show. Buttle seems like a yes man for the Jets. Very careful not to critisize.