'Skins Players are dirty SOB's

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KOZ, Nov 5, 2007.

1. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Am I the only one who cringed with the one hit, helmet to helmet, against Clemens? Was Landy the defender? I swear, the way Clemens neck snapped back I was sure that he was going down for the count and that he would have faced a concussion at the very least.

The other play, with Clemens sliding and the LB trying his best to take him out- again, no excuse.

In one of the interviews Clemens stated that he felt they were doing their best to take him out of the game.

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Winters crew always F***ks the Jets.

On one of those plays, there was an uncalled defnesive penalty, which led to the third down...

And if you go back and watch Jets Wr's were getting the business down the field most of the day....

3. MondayNightMiracles

The play that really made me cringe was the brad smith hit, where he caught the ball and the CB held him until the LB came in and laid on lick on him and was then swung to the ground. It was brutal, but it was is own fault for standing up without breaking the tackle for so long. He should have expected it. A smarter receiver would have shifted his body so the defender takes some of the hit...
    Brad smith inexperience at the WR position really reared its ugly head yesterday. Brad and Clemens seem to have a really bad connection going on...he missed a few passes of clemens last week too.....
    And what the hell happened to our smith gadget plays!??!?!:mad:

4. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Don't forget the BS block in the back call against Washington when he clearly hit him in the shoulder pads.

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

And the non call when Wallace Wright got hurt...

6. pender30

pender30 Member

and the hold on bryan thomas

7. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

we got smacked around real good yesterday.

8. FatStupidLoser

You mean the one big hit by Landry? Or was there another? It looked clean on the tube. It was a massively hard hit but I didn't see any helmet to helmet at all.

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

That will probably be a 5-10,000 fine this week. (The first one) Maybe more and maybe a suspension too. That was the worst I've ever seen and there was obvious intent to do injury. He not only hit him helmet to helmet but he pulled his head back to get more force behind it before he delivered the blow.

#9 Don, Nov 5, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  10. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

The replay showed complete helmet to helmet contact.

11. FatStupidLoser

Then we're talking about a different hit. Might have been peeing and missed it.

12. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

And Cotchery's fumble. I'm pretty sure you are supposed to make a "football" move? I have to re-watch last years SD/NE Playoff game, because I am pretty certain there was a similar play in that game and it wasn't called a fumble.

13. FatStupidLoser

The announcers, assuming they know what they are talking about, stated that you don't have to make a "football" move any longer. Control of the ball and feet on the ground is all.

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Redskins defense plays dirty. They play cocky, they play like they are the best. When it reality, they are the third best team in the NFC East and have played HORRIBLE in their last 3 games. Arizona DOMINATED the Redskins, Skins still won. Patriots DOMINATED the Skins, you know that result and the Jets played better yesterday. The Redskins are a pretty lucky 5-3 team.

15. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Yea but Clemens is one tough S.O.B. that bitch hit didnt faze him

16. GreenMachine

Just for you...

[​IMG]

17. Gator

Gator Active Member

Man, that was bad. That's the stuff you miss at the game because you watch the ball, they don't replay it, then you get home and erase the recording without watching it because you're all pissed off.

18. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I was watching the game with a friend of mine that played in the league for 11 years and he thought Landry should have been ejected from the game for that hit. It was delievred with the intent to injure Clemmens and when he saw the hard hit on the slide he said to me "the Skins are trying real hard to intimidate this kid by playing dirty"

19. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Obviously, he will get some sort of fine.

20. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Oh absolutely they were....

But that's the smart strategy if you're Washington...

A young QB, missing his most reliable option, behind a shaky OL.... As a defense, you want to put the fear of God in him.... Clemens showed his toughness, however, and kept popping back up...

Late in the game, Landry came on a blitz, and NAILED Clemens after he delivered a pretty nice pass.... Clemens popped up before Landry did, and actually gave Landry a hand up...

As a defender, that says that you can't shake this guy up... I was very happy with this...

In fact, as a Jet fan, I'm glad Kellen had his first two starts against two nasty D's in Baltimore and Washington.... When Pennington came in as a starter, he really wasn't abused by a D like that until the Oakland game...

I think getting popped like this early will speed Clemens' progression exponentially....

And oh, by the way, this trend is going to continue, with Pittsburgh coming to town after the BYE.... Considering Mangini waited forever to put Clemens in, I hope defenses keep treating him like this, so he can make up for lost time with his progression (so long as he doesn't get hurt)

#20 Beamen, Nov 5, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2007